“Great Motel in Sioux Falls, SD” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3508 S Gateway Blvd, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great Motel in Sioux Falls, SD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My family and I recently stayed at the AmericInn in Sioux Falls, SD. This location was a great place to stay. Very friendly and helpful staff, great location, nice pool and breakfast areas.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side of the building seem to be a little quieter.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind review. We really do appreciate that you took the time to respond to the survey. I will share your comments with our staff and it will make them very happy. Our staff strives to provide the best service we can for our guests and I know they are very happy when they are successful. We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.
Again thank you for the wonderful review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

We had a family reunion get together here in October, and the staff at the AmericInn went above and beyond to accommodate us!!! We had a large group traveling from CA to IL that stayed here. The pool was perfect for our small children 2, 4, and 6! Breakfast was a little crazy with the hotel being at capicity. They probably should have had a person on duty just to take care of the breakfast bar. She shared the front desk duty and the breakfast bar, so things were emptied before she returned to "restock" them.

Room Tip: My only complaint is that a friend of mine was staying there with her family and she had a non-smoki...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thank you so much for submitting your experience with our motel. We do appreciate it when guests share their experiences with others, and are even happier when those experiences are good ones. I am so happy that our staff provided you with excellent service, and I will let them know that they were appreciated.

I am sorry to hear that your friend did not have an experience that equaled yours. Yes, we do have some smoking rooms, and we try to keep them in a separate area of the hotel. We try to provide rooms for everyone and all types, and we are so sorry if we failed your friend in anyway. We will take your comments into consideration and hopefully come to some sort of resolution.

Again, we thank you so much for your input and hope to see you and your friend at our motel again, we would love to be able to provide you both with excellent service and earn your trust.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Friendly hotel staff, very clean rooms, complimentary internet for those who use it, and a decent breakfast selection. Close to shopping on 41st street, and close to the interstate for people passing through. Family friendly hotel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are so happy when we know that we have made someone's stay an enjoyable one. Our staff tries very hard to keep our customer standards for our guests. I will share your comments with my staff and I know they will appreciate your kind thoughts. We work very hard to make you feel welcome, to make your stay comfortable, and most of all we want your stay to be memorable. Thank you for choosing the AmericInn Sioux Falls.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This isn't the only americinn I've stayed at, however it's a nice one. This one had some biscuits and gravy in their breakfast the last time I visited, which not all americinns have. Definitely takes the breakfast quality way up as it's delicious compared to some americinns which just have some doughnuts, cereal, and hard boiled eggs. I believe this one had cookies sitting out during the day as well.

Like all Americinns I've stayed at, clean rooms, pools and hot tubs open late. And I like to haggle with cash at every place I stay, and can usually get close to the price I want. There is a hotel literally right across from this one with a big sign that advertises occasionally a good starting haggling price point.

Nice quiet neighborhood, despite being just off a busy street. Close to many restaurants and stores. Good location. Free wireless internet that I'll sometimes use when I pass by in town to look up stores.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our property. We do appreciate that you took the time to submit a review about our motel. Our staff works very hard to provide excellent service to all of our guests and we are so happy when we accomplish that goal. I am glad that we could be part of your enjoyable trip.

Again thank you so much for your business, we do appreciate it, and hope to see you soon.
Herdcyclone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed for one night on a family trip to Sioux Falls. Was as expected-didn't "wow" me, but certainly would go back. Check-in went great, room was clean, kids liked the pool, had a good breakfast. Convenient location, close to I-29 exit, but didn't hear the interstate traffic noise. Thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Redfield, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I always stay at this hotel when traveling to Sioux Falls. It has a great breakfast especially when traveling with the family. The pool and rooms are always clean. The customer service never disappoints me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
KyleJohnson1, Owner at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you so much for such nice compliments. We appreciate our valued guests and always work hard to provide an enjoyable stay. Our staff will be excited to hear we took good care of you during your stay(s). Thank you for your business and we will continue to work hard to reward your trust in choosing the AmericInn Sioux Falls.
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Our room was ready for us when we arrived. Despite the proximity to the interstate and presence of what looked like a sports team running around, our room was quiet. We got a great night's sleep.

I appreciated the staff's help, although they looked like they'd had a long weekend dealing with a lot of people. We did get a hint of attitude from a man working the front desk when we asked for pool towels, but if the supply of them had been wiped out, I guess that implies he'd been busy.

The pool was nice, but even well past 10:00 p.m., kids were everywhere. But otherwise, the TV in the room was nice, the breakfast had everything we could ask for, and it was easy to find and affordable. We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson1, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for your very nice review. We so appreciate your thoughtful comments. It is great to hear that my staff was very helpful, breakfast was enjoyed, and your room was comfortable and quiet. I am sorry if the adult swim time was delayed, you have my assurance we will monitor this more closely. I wish to thank you again for allowing us the pleasure of your business and we hope to see you again very soon.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!