“nice quiet location, decent prices, good breakfast” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3508 S Gateway Blvd, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Brookings, South Dakota
“nice quiet location, decent prices, good breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

This isn't the only americinn I've stayed at, however it's a nice one. This one had some biscuits and gravy in their breakfast the last time I visited, which not all americinns have. Definitely takes the breakfast quality way up as it's delicious compared to some americinns which just have some doughnuts, cereal, and hard boiled eggs. I believe this one had cookies sitting out during the day as well.

Like all Americinns I've stayed at, clean rooms, pools and hot tubs open late. And I like to haggle with cash at every place I stay, and can usually get close to the price I want. There is a hotel literally right across from this one with a big sign that advertises occasionally a good starting haggling price point.

Nice quiet neighborhood, despite being just off a busy street. Close to many restaurants and stores. Good location. Free wireless internet that I'll sometimes use when I pass by in town to look up stores.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
Kathy A, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 10, 2011
Thank you so much for your kind words concerning our property. We do appreciate that you took the time to submit a review about our motel. Our staff works very hard to provide excellent service to all of our guests and we are so happy when we accomplish that goal. I am glad that we could be part of your enjoyable trip.

Again thank you so much for your business, we do appreciate it, and hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Herdcyclone
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed for one night on a family trip to Sioux Falls. Was as expected-didn't "wow" me, but certainly would go back. Check-in went great, room was clean, kids liked the pool, had a good breakfast. Convenient location, close to I-29 exit, but didn't hear the interstate traffic noise. Thumbs up.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Redfield, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

I always stay at this hotel when traveling to Sioux Falls. It has a great breakfast especially when traveling with the family. The pool and rooms are always clean. The customer service never disappoints me.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
KyleJohnson1, Owner at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you so much for such nice compliments. We appreciate our valued guests and always work hard to provide an enjoyable stay. Our staff will be excited to hear we took good care of you during your stay(s). Thank you for your business and we will continue to work hard to reward your trust in choosing the AmericInn Sioux Falls.
Grand Island, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2011

Our room was ready for us when we arrived. Despite the proximity to the interstate and presence of what looked like a sports team running around, our room was quiet. We got a great night's sleep.

I appreciated the staff's help, although they looked like they'd had a long weekend dealing with a lot of people. We did get a hint of attitude from a man working the front desk when we asked for pool towels, but if the supply of them had been wiped out, I guess that implies he'd been busy.

The pool was nice, but even well past 10:00 p.m., kids were everywhere. But otherwise, the TV in the room was nice, the breakfast had everything we could ask for, and it was easy to find and affordable. We'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson1, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 26, 2011
Thank you for your very nice review. We so appreciate your thoughtful comments. It is great to hear that my staff was very helpful, breakfast was enjoyed, and your room was comfortable and quiet. I am sorry if the adult swim time was delayed, you have my assurance we will monitor this more closely. I wish to thank you again for allowing us the pleasure of your business and we hope to see you again very soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2011 via mobile

Staff was friendly, beds were comfortable. Food in the adjoining restaurant was awesome! Must try the food and breakfast! Wonderful!

• Stayed July 2011
KyleJohnson1, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your gracious comments. Our entire team will be excited to know that your stay was enjoyable. We are always working hard to provide our guests clean, comfortable rooms, with great guest service. I am happy to see that you felt your stay was wonderful, that is something that we appreciate very much. We hope you return again very soon and we wish you safe travels.
Schaumburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

Hotel was clean and had a nice breakfast. They also have a pool onsite. When we arrived at 4 pm our room was not ready and we were asked to come back in an hour...Which I found surprising but okay. We had been in the car this day for eight hours. We ended up killing time at the buttefly gardens which was very nice.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson1, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 7, 2011
Thank you for nice review. I am sorry if your room wasn't ready when you arrived. I know we had a larger group requesting a later check out and that delayed our housekeeping staff a little. I will review this with my housekeeping staff, but I am confident this was a rare exception. We greatly appreciate your business and thankful you gave us the opportunity to be of service to you. I am excited to hear your stay went as you hoped and you enjoyed your stay. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

What a great stay. We booked 3 rooms for an extended family event. Staff was courteous and helpful at all times. Rooms were clean and comfortable. The kids had a great time at the pool and game room. It is easy to get to, and close to lots of food etc. Highly recommend and will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson1, General Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thank you so much for your very nice review. I will share your comments with our staff. We work hard to make our guests stay special, and I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. To have a guest leave with a positive impression and take the time to write about the stay..well we couldn't ask for more either. Thank you so very much.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!