“Fantastic gem in Sioux Falls” 5 of 5 stars

AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3508 S Gateway Blvd, Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #16 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Seattle, Washington
“Fantastic gem in Sioux Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2011

If you read any of my reviews...I try to be money consious when travelling. I had picked up a "discount guide" at a rest area and found several hotels in the Sioux Falls area. I had never stayed in this brand before so I didn't know what to expect. I tried three hotels before this one...all of them refusing to take the coupon...so this was my last choice. The fronk desk agent was friendly enough and the hotel lobby looked dated so my expectations were low.

I got to my room and was very pleased. The room was large and VERY clean. The room had nice updates. All they had were smoking rooms which typically turn me off but it didn't smell bad. The bed was comfortable. I guess thats all you really need:-)

Their continental breakfast was also very good. They had a great assortment from your typical cereal and donuts to waffles and biscuits and gravy. Two thumbs up.

If I am ever in the area again...there is no question that I will choose this property. Clean...Friendly...Economical. What more could I ask for?

Room Tip: Pick up travel guides along the way
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
KyleJohnson1, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, June 27, 2011
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to complete a survey on TripAdvisor. I also want to thank you for your very nice comments. Our team works hard to provide a clean, comfortable room, and great guest service. I am glad to see that it appears we met our goal of providing a positive guest experience. We hope if you our back in the area that you will consider the AmericInn your home. We look forward to seeing you again and making your stay memorable. Thank you.

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2011

Our first stay in an Americinn. Clean, safe and pleasant. Bed comfort was borderline OK. When we arrived late afternoon no one was at the reception desk and a small sign said the desk person was out helping a customer. Waited quite a bit - I've never been to a hotel before that was un-staffed at the desk. That seemed strange to me.

I noticed this hotel chain plays up their fresh waffles like crazy in ads. But they only have one waffle machine. There was a constant line to use it when we were there. You'd think that if waffles are their breakfast highlight they could spring for a 2nd machine so there is not a perpetual line waiting to use it during prime breakfast time. Breakfast was on the sparse side. I was annoyed by the sign on the refrigerator that held tiny 4 oz milk cartons and yogurt containers that clearly told me to "take only ONE". That seemed a bit unreasonable to me. Pool was nice. All in all, a fine for an overnighter.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
KyleJohnson1, Owner at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for your comments, and we appreciate you choosing AmericInn in Sioux Falls. I am sorry that the desk clerk was not at the front desk upon check in. I am confident that my staff was assisting another guest in the hotel at the time. We strive to provide great guest service to our guests and should you have had a problem during your stay, you can be assured that this is the same service you would receive. I am also sorry that there was only one waffle machines out during your stay. We have two machines, but we were waiting for repairs on one, and that issue has been resolved, but I am truly sorry. I always welcome comments on ways to enhance our breakfast. Our current complimentary offerings include biscuits and gravy, fresh waffles, yogurt , string cheese, cereal, oatmeal, bagels, English and blueberry muffins, doughnuts, toast, juice and coffee. I do appreciate your kind words and your honest feedback. We value our guests, and we are always looking for new ways to improve their stay and experience. I hope that you will return in the future and we can show you that we are committed to your comfort. Thank you.
Pierre, SD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a recent weekend getaway. Shortly after we checked in, we discovered that the heater in our room did not work. We reported it to the lady at the front desk, and she promptly came to our room and tried to fix it. When she could not do so, she moved us to another room since the person who does the repairs had already left for the day. We were moved from a king room to a king suite. It was a nice big room with a sitting area. The only bad part is that we soon discovered that the bathroom ceiling leaked when someone above us was taking a shower and the water was dripping down into our bathroom. We used our wastebasket to catch the water and reported it to the front desk when we checked out. Basically, I think this is a nice place; it just needs some repairs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry for any issues you experiencesd during your stay, I am excited to hear that my front desk staff assisted you quickly with the heater and was able to resolve the problem to your satisfaction. I am also sorry if a tub overflowed during you stay, unfortunately these type of issues can happen, but we will always do our best to make it right when the unexpected occurs. The AmericInn Sioux Falls always strives to provide clean, comfortable rooms and great amenities. I am excited to tell you that good is about to get better. We our undergoing some fantastic updates and have big plans for the future. We have installed 32" Flat Screen TV's in all our rooms, re-tiled all our bathrooms, added microwaves and refrigerators to all rooms, and we have plans in place to replace all beds and bedding, add new granite sinks, and replace all our furniture. We believe these enhancements will confirm that we want to be America's Welcoming Neighbor. We truly are committed to a great stay, a positive impression, and superior guest service. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you.
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

We liked our hotel room and location as we had a 2 room suite. I sleep in a recliner, and there was one. My teenage daughter likes the sofa, and my husband likes the king size bed. Very reasonably priced for all of that! There is a restaurant (Perkins) very close to the hotel, and there is also a back way of getting to the mall that is very easy. I love the waffles for breakfast. We had a second floor room, and there was no elevator, but otherwise it was great!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson1, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor survey. I am happy to see that our hotel provided your family a great stay. We are working hard at being America's Welcoming Neighbor and it is great to see positive feedback from our valued guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Al Lautwein
Manager
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

My husband and I were happy that the room we stayed in had a full siz jaccuzzi in the corner, large space in the room, a king bed, a flat screen tv, a fridge, & a microwave. The room was very clean, and we couldn't hear our neighbors. Everything we needed was in the immediate area. We were very satisfied with our stay, and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. It is great to hear that your stay met your needs and expectations. It is exciting for myself and my staff to hear postive feedback. We will continue to work hard to earn your kind words and thoughts. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Al Lautwein
Manager
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We were looking for a place to stay after Christmas Eve Church service; don't have family in town. AmericInn was very relaxing and comfortable. We sat in the hot tub that night until they asked us to leave so they could close the pool area for the night. Wonderful nights sleep!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We love Americinn's. The staff are friendly and informative, the rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfasts awesome! We will stay at Americinn whenever we can!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!