“Needs some updating” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Pierre, SD
“Needs some updating”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here during a recent weekend getaway. Shortly after we checked in, we discovered that the heater in our room did not work. We reported it to the lady at the front desk, and she promptly came to our room and tried to fix it. When she could not do so, she moved us to another room since the person who does the repairs had already left for the day. We were moved from a king room to a king suite. It was a nice big room with a sitting area. The only bad part is that we soon discovered that the bathroom ceiling leaked when someone above us was taking a shower and the water was dripping down into our bathroom. We used our wastebasket to catch the water and reported it to the front desk when we checked out. Basically, I think this is a nice place; it just needs some repairs.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
KyleJohnson1, Owner at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, June 9, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry for any issues you experiencesd during your stay, I am excited to hear that my front desk staff assisted you quickly with the heater and was able to resolve the problem to your satisfaction. I am also sorry if a tub overflowed during you stay, unfortunately these type of issues can happen, but we will always do our best to make it right when the unexpected occurs. The AmericInn Sioux Falls always strives to provide clean, comfortable rooms and great amenities. I am excited to tell you that good is about to get better. We our undergoing some fantastic updates and have big plans for the future. We have installed 32" Flat Screen TV's in all our rooms, re-tiled all our bathrooms, added microwaves and refrigerators to all rooms, and we have plans in place to replace all beds and bedding, add new granite sinks, and replace all our furniture. We believe these enhancements will confirm that we want to be America's Welcoming Neighbor. We truly are committed to a great stay, a positive impression, and superior guest service. We hope to see you again in the future. Thank you.

116 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Aberdeen, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

We liked our hotel room and location as we had a 2 room suite. I sleep in a recliner, and there was one. My teenage daughter likes the sofa, and my husband likes the king size bed. Very reasonably priced for all of that! There is a restaurant (Perkins) very close to the hotel, and there is also a back way of getting to the mall that is very easy. I love the waffles for breakfast. We had a second floor room, and there was no elevator, but otherwise it was great!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson1, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
I wish to thank you for taking the time to complete the Tripadvisor survey. I am happy to see that our hotel provided your family a great stay. We are working hard at being America's Welcoming Neighbor and it is great to see positive feedback from our valued guests. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.

Al Lautwein
Manager
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

My husband and I were happy that the room we stayed in had a full siz jaccuzzi in the corner, large space in the room, a king bed, a flat screen tv, a fridge, & a microwave. The room was very clean, and we couldn't hear our neighbors. Everything we needed was in the immediate area. We were very satisfied with our stay, and will stay again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind comments. It is great to hear that your stay met your needs and expectations. It is exciting for myself and my staff to hear postive feedback. We will continue to work hard to earn your kind words and thoughts. Thank you again and we hope to see you again.

Al Lautwein
Manager
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We were looking for a place to stay after Christmas Eve Church service; don't have family in town. AmericInn was very relaxing and comfortable. We sat in the hot tub that night until they asked us to leave so they could close the pool area for the night. Wonderful nights sleep!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2010

We love Americinn's. The staff are friendly and informative, the rooms clean and comfortable and the breakfasts awesome! We will stay at Americinn whenever we can!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
sioux falls sd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2010

I thought the hotel was very nice for the price. The rooms were clean and kept up well. We had a refridgerator in our room that was a nice surprise. It was a bit noisy and crowded as there seemed to be a family reunion of some sort going on but this was not the hotels fault. Thye had an excellent breakfast and we would definetely stay again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
akron, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2009

Place is falling apart. Paint falling off walls. Tub/shower is teeny tiny. Hotel brags about soundproofing but I heard everything going on all around me. I didn't use the pool or hot tub, so I can't comment, but I'll never stay here again.

There are so many options within a mile of this dump that I cannot believe they are still in business.

On the bright side, the staff and location was great. But this should be a $60 hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
dakotaoutlaw, Manager at AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 7, 2010
We appreciate all reviews good and bad. As the manager of this property I work very hard to exceed the expectations of my guests. I know we are not always perfect, and on occasion there may be legitimate issues, and I "want" to know about these so I can resolve any issue or problem the guest has experienced. I wish this reviewer would have contacted me so I could have personally worked with him to address the concerns he may have had. As the manager of this property, naturally you would think I want to defend the hotel. Honestly, I would not make excuses if we missed the mark when it comes to providing ours guest(s) clean and comfortable accommodations. I do want to address the main points of this persons review. First, the hotel is not a dump, and the paint isn't falling off the walls (our guests are always welcome to look at their room before they pay for it). Secondly, AmericInn's are built with special sound guard construction, and our properties, as a rule, are very quiet. If the reviewer's stay was noisy, I want to be the first to apologize. I only wish you would have brought this to my attention or to the attention of my staff. I appreciate the opportunity to present our response to this review.

Been to AmericInn Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!