“German Fest” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“German Fest”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Luciano's wiener schnitzel sandwich was super greasy, but I will say that the lettuce and pretzel bun were nice and fresh. It's the next day and I still have a greasy after taste.... maybe it would be better at the restaurant, but I will let somebody else give it a try.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Extremely Dissapointing”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I were there for our Wedding anniversary evening out. We hoped for a romantic evening with good food and great bottle of wine. Wow, what a disappointment! When we arrived there was a wedding party out on the terrace/patio, we made our way into the dining room and were told "it might be a while" for a table. Looking around I thought maybe the weeding party was using one of the dining rooms for the reception but it was 2/3 empty. I said "I had a reservation for 6:30", was told "oh, ok" and we made our way to the vacant hostess stand where we waited around for another 5-10 minutes. Finally the bartender came over and said "table for six?" I repeated, table for TWO at 6:30. She found my name on the reservation list and said "I guess they didn't say where to put you". There were about 20 empty tables, this shouldn't have been a problem. We finally got seated in a booth and then waited another 15 minutes to get menu's and a glass of water. Looking over the wine list I ordered one of better bottles and an appetizer. 15 minutes pass and I overhear the waitress telling the manager "it's this..." and he asks "well, is it a red, a white, which one?" They clear this up amongst themselves and about 5 minutes later the waitress returns stating "we're still looking for your bottle of wine". I couldn't believe it! We asked several times if the service would get better and we were assured it would. What a joke, after 45 minutes of no appetizer, no wine and no service at all we got up and left. It will be a very long time before I ever set foot in this place again which is sad because it's really one of the most beautiful restaurant settings in Sioux Falls. Please, somebody revive Sioux Falls Brewing Co. That was a great use of this space. Luciano's, sadly is not.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Mistake”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Had a 10 guest group there last Sat night. Bar was out of citrus so no lemon drops. One guest requested several wine, staff could not locate then, he finally went and looked and found one he wanted. Appetizers were possible. Entree's came and I did not get mine for 5-10 minutes after everyone else.(they tried to make up with a creme brulé), but since when is chicken marsala breaded. We asked for 2 checks, after 3 tries to get it right it was close. Will never go there again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Don't Go to the Wine Cellar”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

After reading an ad in the Sioux Falls Argus Leader, we decided to try some of the wines in Ray's Wine Cellar. What an awkward experience! We called ahead to make sure it was open, and they said, " Come on down!". So we did. First of all,we waited at the door for fifteen minutes until a hostess greeted us. Then, she told us to go to the wine cellar. Good luck with that. It is outside of the restaurant, and down a flight of stairs and a hallway. It was difficult to find. When we arrived, we discovered there was a wedding party there. It was so uncomfortable and unwelcoming that we decided to get out of there. We won't beback. The sad part is Luciano's has so much potential because it is such a unique spot, but service sucks and they are extremely disorganized that it is not worth it

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Terrible service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Food is great if you can wait that long. A hostess was completely absent when we arrived for lunch. Stood and waited 5 min. before someone even noticed. They didn't acknowledge us, just went into the kitchen. Several minutes later what looked like a manager came out with a server and pointed at us. We were the only ones in the place (wonder why!) and she couldn't figure out where to seat us. We finally suggested a table and she let us sit down. Service was sooooo slow and waiter could have cared less. HOWEVER, the food was excellent. Kudos to the chef! We had a coupon for a free bottle of wine to take home with us and they wouldn't honor it - said it had to be on an entree during dinner service. When I checked the coupon, no mention of lunch or dinner, just said entree (as does their menu). So disappointing. This is such an easy fix, it's ridiculous, but I certainly won't be back unless I hear there's new management.

Visited June 2013