Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
Ranked #3 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

We had a great stay at this hotel with one minor exception. The hotel is super clean and fresh. Rooms are very well taken care of, fresh and very clean. The only "bump" was-we wanted to use the breakfast area on saturday evening. There was a birthday party for around 15 4 to 5 year olds. We asked about renting one of the conference rooms-we even offered to pay. We were told we could not bring in outside food. Mind you this hotel has no food available. We even offered to clean the room when we were done and were still told no. Don't see why an exception could not have been made.
Overall, was a great hotel in a great area. Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and give feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience that you experienced during your stay. Our meeting room does not allow outside food, but we do have a catering option available to you. We do not rent out our breakfast bar area to a specific group, so it is available for all guests to use. If you could give me a call I would appreciate it so that I can gather more information about your stay and ensure we get any unresolved issues taken care of. We really look forward to seeing you again in the future!

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

My husband, daughter, and two sisters stayed two nights due to the passing of my sisters husband. We requested and received rooms close to each other. The front desk staff and the continental breakfast staff were extremely friendly and accommodating, in fact I didn't meet any staff members that weren't!! We will stay here again, hopefully under better circumstances, and will recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Just ask!!!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, January 5, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the positive feedback you gave! We are glad to hear that we accomodated your needs and made your stay pleasant even though you were here for an unfortunate circumstance. We look forward to seeing you in the future and thank you for your loyalty!
Sartell
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

We stayed as a family on a Sat night while traveling home after Thanksgiving. We were very, very happy with our stay. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. The pool area was great for our kids (ages 2 and 4). We will definitely stay there again the next time we are traveling through Sioux Falls!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We appreciate all of the positive feedback and great comments about our staff and pool area. We look forward to seeing you in the future when you visit Sioux Falls!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

This was our 2nd stay here and we were not disappointed . We got the room which I requested . Bed was very comfortable and pillows were fun to play with, which one to use to sleep this time;).
I am not sure if you guys have like "hotel manager get to know your guests"evening ,some hotels offer wine, food during an evening hours for guests. Otherwise our stay was clean, easy to get in and out. Thank you.

Stayed November 2013
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback about our property and for choosing to come back and stay with us! I appreciate your suggestion and will be sure to pass it along. We hope to see you again!
Gillette, Wyoming
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am traveling across the country with my husband and out little 9lb dog. We have been staying at Holiday Inn Expresses all across the way. I called to make tonights reservation. I asked if they were pet friendly and the reply I received was " NOOO.We are NOTTT pet friendly AT ALLL. I thought to myself "WoW!" I think I got the message LOUD AND CLEAR. That was about 2pm. Back to the hunt for a hotel chain I guess

• Stayed November 2013
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I appreciate the feedback and apologize about the level of customer service that you experienced. Would you please contact me via phone in regards to the issue so I can get more information from you? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. If you are driving a larger vehicle like a pickup truck, you'll like this place. Lots of room for oversize vehicles. The parking stalls are pull through for those that are towing a trailer. Also lots of available curb space for those really long rigs, you know who you are :). There are , however, no restaurants close, you will have to drive to get something to eat. Certainly worth a look if your in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I appreciate the positive feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to get some restaurants within the area in the near future. Please think of us the next time you are in Sioux Falls!
Plymouth, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my go to hotel in Sioux Falls until my last visit on September 1, 2013. I checked in and was told rooms were available on floors 1 thru 3....I told the desk clerk I had made my reservation over a month ago requesting a fourth floor room. She than found that request on the computer and did honor my request. I checked out my room and it seemed fine so I went to dinner. Upon returning, I noticed a noise in the bathroom that sounded like a circulating fan. After a couple of hours, I called the front desk to inquire what the noise was/what could be done. The phone was answered as if it was an outside call...I explained I was a guest and described the noise. The desk clerk asked me "what do you want me to do about it"? I told her I would just put up with the noise and deal with situation in the morning by speaking to the manager. The manager did offer compensation which I accepted..and she also offered compensation for my return stay which I refused and I cancelled my reservation. There has been a noticeable decline in customer service over several stays so I have found other accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate you letting me know about the issues that you had during your stay. We did have some new staff working that night, but take these issues very seriously and it has been addressed. Also, thank you for letting us know about the fan issue; that has been taken care of as well. I am hoping that you will give us another chance to make things right for you in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest? Share your experiences!