“Rudeness is never good” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
Ranked #8 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Gillette, Wyoming
“Rudeness is never good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013

I am traveling across the country with my husband and out little 9lb dog. We have been staying at Holiday Inn Expresses all across the way. I called to make tonights reservation. I asked if they were pet friendly and the reply I received was " NOOO.We are NOTTT pet friendly AT ALLL. I thought to myself "WoW!" I think I got the message LOUD AND CLEAR. That was about 2pm. Back to the hunt for a hotel chain I guess

• Stayed November 2013
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I appreciate the feedback and apologize about the level of customer service that you experienced. Would you please contact me via phone in regards to the issue so I can get more information from you? I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

This is a great hotel. If you are driving a larger vehicle like a pickup truck, you'll like this place. Lots of room for oversize vehicles. The parking stalls are pull through for those that are towing a trailer. Also lots of available curb space for those really long rigs, you know who you are :). There are , however, no restaurants close, you will have to drive to get something to eat. Certainly worth a look if your in the area.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I appreciate the positive feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay! We hope to get some restaurants within the area in the near future. Please think of us the next time you are in Sioux Falls!
Plymouth, Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

This was my go to hotel in Sioux Falls until my last visit on September 1, 2013. I checked in and was told rooms were available on floors 1 thru 3....I told the desk clerk I had made my reservation over a month ago requesting a fourth floor room. She than found that request on the computer and did honor my request. I checked out my room and it seemed fine so I went to dinner. Upon returning, I noticed a noise in the bathroom that sounded like a circulating fan. After a couple of hours, I called the front desk to inquire what the noise was/what could be done. The phone was answered as if it was an outside call...I explained I was a guest and described the noise. The desk clerk asked me "what do you want me to do about it"? I told her I would just put up with the noise and deal with situation in the morning by speaking to the manager. The manager did offer compensation which I accepted..and she also offered compensation for my return stay which I refused and I cancelled my reservation. There has been a noticeable decline in customer service over several stays so I have found other accommodations.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate you letting me know about the issues that you had during your stay. We did have some new staff working that night, but take these issues very seriously and it has been addressed. Also, thank you for letting us know about the fan issue; that has been taken care of as well. I am hoping that you will give us another chance to make things right for you in the future. Please let me know if there is anything I can do.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Front desk- welcome,inviting, very clean,our roon w/king size bed was large. Room had microwave, frig. Only maybe what I wish to have two small bottles of water but this is not big problem at all.
Our bed was super comfortable, two different pillows, sheets, towles looked like were new,furniture were nice and modern not like old country style. WIFI was free and fast.
TV had a lot of channels.Lamps were nice with two different choices of the light. Bathroom was large looked like brand new, nice tiles on the floor, very good job with tailes and plumbing pipes, clean finish. The shower was super large and with glass sliding doors, very cool water drain, never saw anything like that before. We had also twin sofa sleeper,nice. Room was very clean, no bed boxes under the mattress, clean floor under. Very nice carpet ,entire room was designed in the modern easy on the eye style. Breakfast had good chices from the hot to cold food. I just wish to have more different juices. It would be nice to have some of the european style breakfast also. Coffe machine for expresso,latte or cappuccino would be nice. Overall our stay was excellent I wish every Holiday Inn Express had the same style what is not the case in some different locations. Great job guys.

Room Tip: Room on the 3th floor, super quiet unless we had very quiet guests or they put double insloation in...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback about our property! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your suggestions about our breakfast options. We look forward to accomodating you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

After traveling all day, I was looking forward to a good nite's rest and I was not disappointed by this Holiday Inn Express. A friendly and helpful staff greets you, the room is up to date, clean, and very comfortable. The breakfast was good. It was a great place to stay in everyway. You won't go wrong by staying here.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback about our property! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the future!
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We usually try to stay at Holiday Inn Expresses and this one didn't disappoint. Had everything I expect when staying at a hotel. It was in a great location right off of the interstate as well. Breakfast items were fully stocked and service was adequate. Clean rooms with comfortable beds and everything working (tv's, shower, etc.). Would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback about our hotel! We appreciate your loyalty to Holiday Inn Express and look foward to seeing you in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I am so picky about hotels and this hotel surpassed my picky nature! I didn't hear anyone else in their rooms, not even a shower in the morning! Rooms were exceptionally clean, honestly! Breakfast was great, I loved that the milk was in cartons instead of gross pitchers! Pool was great, my kids absolutely loved the splash pool, it was such a great one of a kind feature! This hotel is far passed a 5 star. Worth the money which by the way is not bad at all, especially for the awesome experience your getting at this hotel! The only and I mean only complaint I have is that I am a coffee drinker, I grab a glass or two through out the day and every other hotel I stay in always leaves their French vanilla creamer out for guests through out the day. Not this one they lock it up after breakfast. When I asked for a couple they wouldn't even give me a COUPLE! Which I thought was a little rude considering I am paying to stay here for four days I could get a little creamer.

• Stayed August 2013
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I appreciate all of your positive feedback about our hotel. I apologize about not being given creamers; I will get the issue resolved and appreciate your suggestion for leaving out the french vanilla. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest? Share your experiences!