“Best hotel around” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3821 West Avera Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Best hotel around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

I am so picky about hotels and this hotel surpassed my picky nature! I didn't hear anyone else in their rooms, not even a shower in the morning! Rooms were exceptionally clean, honestly! Breakfast was great, I loved that the milk was in cartons instead of gross pitchers! Pool was great, my kids absolutely loved the splash pool, it was such a great one of a kind feature! This hotel is far passed a 5 star. Worth the money which by the way is not bad at all, especially for the awesome experience your getting at this hotel! The only and I mean only complaint I have is that I am a coffee drinker, I grab a glass or two through out the day and every other hotel I stay in always leaves their French vanilla creamer out for guests through out the day. Not this one they lock it up after breakfast. When I asked for a couple they wouldn't even give me a COUPLE! Which I thought was a little rude considering I am paying to stay here for four days I could get a little creamer.

• Stayed August 2013
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I appreciate all of your positive feedback about our hotel. I apologize about not being given creamers; I will get the issue resolved and appreciate your suggestion for leaving out the french vanilla. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Yankton, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is our go to hotel in Sioux Falls. It's new, clean, and the staff is friendly. The pool has a kids area for younger ones plus they have a regular indoor pool. They have plenty of sitting area for breakfast. During this stay we stayed in an extended suite. It's nice having a separate bedroom from the sitting area. The parking lot has plenty of lighting. There is a Lewis Drug a couple blocks away. It's easy to locate off I229 and has plenty of choices of places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! We are very honored to be your go-to hotel in Sioux Falls and appreciate your positive feedback! We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

This hotel was super in every way. The staff was prompt and courteous, the rooms clean and very comfortable, the location convenient, and price very reasonable. It is close to a hospital system and that seems to be a priority service for the area. My only problem was that we had to drive to a restaurant for dinner but they are building at least one in the vicinity so that minor inconvenience will be fixed. I'd stay here again for sure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Thank you for your great feedback about our property! We're very glad you enjoyed your stay and are hoping to get more restaurants nearby in the near future! We look forward to seeing you again.
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Had absolutely no complaints, it was WONDERFUL. Would stay here again in a heart beat. The king room was clean, the bed extremely comfortable. There was plenty of seating and food for breakfast. It was easy to find. We had family in the hospital and it was nice being only 4 miles from there. All the staff were helpful and courteous. It was nice having the staff smile and ask how you were doing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I appreciate all of the positive things you have to say about the hotel. I will share this information with all of the staff. We look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Aberdeen, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on a Thursday and Friday night. We wanted Saturday night as well but when we made the reservation earlier, they were full so we made other arrangements for the Saturday night stay. To make the Saturday transition to the other hotel, we asked for a 1 hour late checkout which was flately denied even though I am a Priority Club member and a repeat customer. Then the manager said that she had an opening for the Saturday and she could get me in but the price was double. Very poor service and I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I apologize about not being able to give you a late check out and want to thank you for being a priority club member. Depending on availability, we only allow a certain number of late check outs per day and unfortunately they are not guaranteed. In July we have had special events going on every weekend such as jazz fest, a number of tournaments, and big concerts such as Tim Mcgraw, REO Speedwagon, and Sheryl Crow. With events like this going on in the summer, rates do typically go up, even as much as $50. I understand you’re frustration and sincerely apologize. We hope to see you again in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

The rooms are spotless and very up-to-date with granite counters, etc. You get a refrigerator and our room had a small stove, dishwasher, and kitchen sink. We didn't use the pool, but the breakfast area was very large to accommodate many guests at one time. The only bad thing I'd have to say was that the in-room a/c unit sounded like a shuttle launch, so we turned it on only to cool the room before bed but not all night. This hotel is highly recommended overall. We actually stopped again on the way home and stayed another night!

• Stayed July 2013
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for reviewing our property! I appreciate the feedback and am glad you enjoyed your stays with us! Would you mind calling the hotel and letting me know which room you stayed in so that I can have maintenance look at the AC unit? We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Kristin
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We were looking for a comfortable & reasonably-priced hotel that was away from the main parts of Sioux Falls but close enough to be just a short drive away. This was definitely the place! The hotel was easy to find and visible from the interstate. We had a king room that was spotless, well-furnished, and comfortable. The parking lot was spacious. Check-in took just a few minutes. Upon entering the room, we were pleased with everything we saw: large bathroom w/ ample sink/counter space, large walk-in shower w/ sliding glass door, adjustable shower head so we could choose the water pressure, thick towels, and toiletry items including shampoo, conditioner, lotion, & shower gel. One of us forgot our toothbrush and the ladies at the front desk got us a complimentary one. The bed was furnished with soft linens and the mattress was very comfortable. Although there appeared to be quite a few people staying at the property, it was always quiet and calm. We did not hear any noise from the hallway at all during our three day stay. The continental breakfast included biscuits & gravy, scrambled eggs, muffins, toast, cinnamon rolls, pancakes, sausage, yogurt, boiled eggs, milk, juice, and coffee.

Overall, we could not be happier with our choice to stay at this HIE. In fact, we will likely stay at this property during our future trips to Sioux Falls. It was away from the city noise and hustle/bustle, but still close enough to reach anywhere we needed in less than 10 minutes.

Also, there is a cute little ice cream shop just down the street from the hotel. It was delicious!

Room Tip: We asked for a room on the top floor when we made the online reservation, and we were pleased when w...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
FSDSF, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property! I'm glad that you enjoyed the amenities of our hotel and appreciate the great compliments! We hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest? Share your experiences!