“Nice and clean hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
Ranked #7 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Nebraska
“Nice and clean hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Nice, clean hotel. The breakfast was good with lots of helpers hanging around keeping it clean and helping out where needed. Room was nice and what you would expect from this level of hotel. Easy access off I-229 and not far from the Empire Mall and other shopping.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I appreciate your feedback on our breakfast bar staff. Thank you again.

98 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

This place is awesome! Extremely clean and brand new! Staff is friendly and know me by voice and name, that is impressive (also shows I'm here a lot)! They also have a free yummy breakfast,kid friendly food. Would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed January 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is wonderful to hear how much you enjoy staying with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on New Years Eve. Check in was smooth and we were recognized for being Priority Club members, which was nice. Our room, a king suite, was very clean, had a comfortable bed, a mini bar with a microwave and fridge, a flat screen tv, a nice sized bathroom with plush towels, a small couch, a desk and a couple of chairs. Breakfast in the morning was really good, although very crowded. The pool area included a regular pool, a separate kiddie pool, and a hot tub. This hotel also had a nice looking fitness room with good equipment. My only complaint would be the internet in the room was a little slow and sporatic. I'm not sure what was wrong and luckily, I did not have serious work to accomplish, however, we will most likely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed the various amenities of our hotel. I am sorry to hear you had some sporatic and slow times with our internet. I haven't heard of any concerns with our internet and I appreciate you letting me know. We do provide a support number in the room to make sure our guests are getting good internet service. Thank you for ringing in the new year with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed over Christmas 2012, a total of 4 nights. We absolutely LOVED this hotel!! We have 2 children, ages 7 and 2. Finding a hotel pool that suits both of them is usually impossible. This hotel had a "regular" pool *and* a kiddie pool that was just a few inches deep with a slide. My kids were thrilled! Every morning there's a great hot breakfast, with a neat pancake conveyor belt (hey, anything to entice the kids to eat!!). They also had omlettes, cinnamon rolls, biscuits and sausage gravy, bacon/sausage patties, breads/pastries, a milk and chocolate milk fridge, hard boiled eggs, juice and cereal. Every morning my kids had something different because *they could*. Our room was a family suite with two queen beds and a couch/hideabed. Perfect for the 7 year old who was too cool to sleep by mom and dad. Our room also had a kitchenette with dorm size fridge, microwave and a sink. The best part was the room was so quiet. We had relatives with kids in the neighboring room, we never heard each other, not even a shower turning on or anything. The staff were friendly, especially the morning breakfast ladies. Housekeeping kept our room looking first-day fresh, which is a feat in itself considering the two little ones wreaking havoc.

We only had two issues with our stay, both of which were resolved/are being resolved. I had read other traveler reviews on how slippery the pool tiles are. We saw several falls while we were there. Management advised us that a floor resurfacing company is scheduled for the first week of 2013 to fix that. Once that's done, this is an A+ property!!! They had a mechanical issue with the pool heater one afternoon which led to a chilly evening and morning swim. It wasn't cold enough to deter my hardy kiddos, however I opted out because it was too cold. They had it fixed early the next morning, less than 12 hours after the problem started.

We plan to come back here again and again. Honestly, I stand firm on my recommendation of this hotel. 4 nights were enough to show us the true quality of this hotel.

Room Tip: If you have kids, pick a family suite. They were less than $10 difference from a regular room with...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I was thrilled to hear your kids loved the pool area and enjoyed the many breakfast options each day. I appreciate you expressing your concern on our pool area floor. We definitely are working on a solution and hopefully will have it taken care of in the next month. Our family suite does work out nicely for families and am glad it worked well for yours. We definitely look forward to your future stays with us. Thank you again for providing me with feedback from your recent stay.
cyclones11
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

This is the third HI or it's affliates that we have stayed at in Sioux Falls or near Sioux Falls. This hotel was horrible. We rented a king bed with a pull out. The pull out was the size of a twin bed. Our three grandchildren stay with us when we visit and because the couch was so small, one had to sleep with us. We usually don't have them clean the room daily but when we finally did we came back to find towels still laying around and our microwave popcorn bowl still sitting out. The pool area was ok but like another poster said it was very slippery. I would also like to add that on the second day my grandchildren could not swim because the chlorine had been overdone and the first day at the pool I hurried to grab towels because there were only a few left. I guess they don't restock the towels either? The kicker came when we went back to the hotel on our last nite and our key card would not work. I stayed with our grand kids in the hallway while my husband went down to have them fix it. They did not ask for his ID. They did their thing and he came back up and it STILL DID NOT WORK! He had to go back down and they still did not ask for his ID. So any fool who has an old room card or a stolen room card could probably break into your room because this hotel did not care enough to ask for ID. I believe that only once as we walked in did anyone at the front desk say hello or any typical greeting. The lady who worked in the eating area was very nice. She made conversation with us and other travelers. The food was the typical HI breakfast food. The coffee was good. But I will not waste my money again at this HIE. The safety issue really bothered my husband and I.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
I would like to thank for reviewing our property. I was appalled when I read your review. I wish you would have contacted me sooner about your experience so that I could have gotten more information from you. I care about my guest experiences. Safety is one of our top concerns. I really need to find out when you stayed with us so I can speak with my staff members who gave you a key without ID. It is our hotel’s policy, as well as Intercontinental Hotels Group, that we have to have the ID to get a room key. Our staff has been fully trained on our security procedures. Please contact me as soon as you can at 605-275-4155.

In the future, I would recommend a family suite at hotels you stay at. Most sofa sleepers are either twin or full size at Holiday Inn properties. It would have been difficult to fit three grandchildren into either size. A family suite would have had two queen size beds and the sofa sleeper and would have fit your family more comfortably. Once again, I appreciate your comments and I hope you contact me back. I will gladly send you a gift certificate for the next time you are coming into Sioux Falls for your inconvenience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We were only here for one night, but the stay was extremely comfortable. The room was spacious and comfortable....very clean. We were there day after Christmas, so hotel was quiet. Breakfast was good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, December 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to here you had an extremely comfortable stay with us. Hope to have you stay with us again in the future.
Toledo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Newer hotels do have their advantages. Large, well appointed rooms that are clean and comfortable. Breakfast area was also large and layed out very well. There was a large group staying while we were there, but we no problem finding a table at breakfast. No complaints about this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Thank you for taking the time during the busy holiday season to post about your previous stay this past summer. I really appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest? Share your experiences!