“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
Ranked #8 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Norfolk, Virginia
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We always try to stay at Holiday Inn Express when we can. This was the best one we have stayed at - hands down. I'm assuming it is really new. Everything was pristine, sparkling clean and the rooms were really large. Very friendly staff and we were very impressed with the pool area. We've never come across an affordable hotel with a kiddie pool area before. Our 1 1/2 year old loved it! My only suggestion is that they really should put down some sort of anti-skid/padding around the kids area. It's way too slippery for little ones. There was a large selection for breakfast and it was really delicious. We would absolutely stay again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad your one and a half year old loved our Kiddie pool. We are working to get a special surface put down in that area to help prevent kids slipping. We have the company coming out in the next two months which is the soonest we can get them out. We want the guests to feel safe when in that area. Our breakfast staff work hard to make sure our guests enjoy their breakfast. It is fabulous to hear that your family enjoyed it and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Rapid City, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

I was quite pleased with my stay at this hotel. We got a free upgrade to a family suite although I had booked a double queen room. It was nice after driving 550 miles to arrive at such a clean and spacious room. The beds were comfortable and the mattresses and bedding seemed brand new and pristine.
We unfortunately didn't wake up in time to get down to the breakfast, which was fine because I was meeting a friend for an early lunch anyway.
The pool area has a really nice smaller pool for younger children. The only complaint I would have is the chlorine level in the pool room seemed quite strong (our eyes were burning into the next morning) and the noise level was insane. The regular pool was surprisingly small for such a nice, new hotel. It might not have seemed to small though if there hadn't been a group of about 10-12 pre-adolescent boys splashing and horse-playing.
Staff was friendly and helpful. The entire building is so fresh and new that it was a great experience to be there. I would recommend for anyone driving through Sioux Falls to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel after your recent stay. It is fantastic to hear you had such a great experience here and would recommend it to others. We really appreciate your feed back and wanting to give us that 4.5.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Just stayed at this hotel last night. It was one of the best holiday inn we have stayed.
Our room was big, new, clean, and the beds were very very comfortable. Plenty of pillows for all of us.
The breakfast room was big and have a lot of tables. There were sausages, eggs, pancakes, fruits,etc. We had a great night of sleep, too bad we have to leave..

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. It is wonderful to hear when guests would prefer not to leave and have a great night's sleep. Thank you and we look forward to your future visits.
Belvidere, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

While on our most recent vacation to visit some National Monuments, we stopped here as a nice place to break up a 15 hr trip. The hotel was convenient to the highway, new, clean, and spacious. The hotel staff was friendly. We traveled with our 14 & 16 yo children so the room setup was very nicely laid out too. We booked a double queen with a pullout sofa. The room also had a nice sized frig & microwave with a single-cup coffee maker too. We used the well equiped workout room & ate the free breakfast the next day which included a pancake machine (press the button & a fresh pancake pops out the side within a minute), scrambled eggs, cinnamon rolls, cereal, and many others. There is an indoor pool of nice size with a seperate kids pool that has an "umbrella" with water tumbling over the top of it. While there, we visited Falls Park, where the city gets it's name, which was probably a 12 minute drive. For dinner, we did not take the recommended Bracco's, we went to Nucci's per Tripadvisor & found pretty good Italian. We walked in & my family went "what are we doing here"? I laughed because it did look like a place to go for gelato, not dinner. Mama Rita is indeed in the kitchen cooking. I teased her that she forgot to put the capers in my pasta, and she was so sorry! It was cute! She also makes the gelato. Yummy!! A fun & interesting place to eat & glad we went. Bracco's was crowded, but seemed very "chain-like".

Room Tip: We always ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is wonderful to hear our hotel met your family's needs. Thank you for taking the time to describe some of the features of our hotel that you experienced during your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future if you are in the area or just passing through. I will have to try Nucci's myself as you made the gelato sound like a good treat. I am looking forward to it.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

We've stayed here twice. The staff is very nice, no snotty desk clerks like you so often find. Price was reasonable. I have young kids and they LOVE the kiddie pool. Me too - I could sit and relax along the side while they slid and splashed. My only complaint would be the extremely slick floor (which I believe they were planning to fix). Our room was upstairs just from the pool and it was very quiet. Breakfast was also good. We will stay here again and again.

• Stayed June 2012
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. It is always exciting to here how much the kids love the splash pool. I know our owners are working with the tile company to find a solution for the tile in the pool area. Thank you for continuing to stay with us. We look forward to your future stays with us.
lubbock, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

I liked this hotel because it's close to everything, but it's just on the other side of the expressway so it's quiet. Rooms are clean and the hotel is new, we slept well with hearing very little to no noise. The free breakfast was good too with a decent selection of what has become the norm for hotels in this price range. If I needed t stay in Sioux Falls, I would stay here a again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. It is wonderful to hear you slept well during your stay with us. We look forward to your future stay with us when you are in Sioux Falls.
san diego ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while visiting family. The place is brand new so everything was great. I loved the bath towels-very soft. Even though there was what appeared to be a young boys baseball team staying on my floor, the room was quiet. The air conditioning worked well. The staff was helpful and friendly. My 15 month old grandson loved the kiddie pool but it was a bit chilly. The location was perfect for me, and there is a drugstore just 2-3 blocks away. Other shopping and places to eat are minutes away by car. Would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am glad that our location was perfect for you and you go to enjoy and spend time in the pool with your grandson. We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest? Share your experiences!