“New Favorite in Sioux Falls” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3821 West Avera Drive, Sioux Falls, SD 57108   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Road Warrior
“New Favorite in Sioux Falls”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

There are a lot of nice hotels in the Sioux Falls area but this Holiday Inn Express might be the cream of the crop. No kidding, this hotel is absolutely fantastic, for maybe the first time ever in over 600 hotels stays I can't think of one single area where this hotel could improve.

This is a brand new property, It very obvious to me that the owners put a lot of thought and money into this hotel, they definitely did not go the cheapest route in furnishings and design as most hotel owners tend to do these days, this place is top notch all the way. They have set it up where it's both a great family hotel and a great business traveler hotel.

My room was a HUGE king suite, I was automatically upgraded as a Priority Club Platinum member which was a bonus. Cleanliness was impeccable, the housekeepers clearly take pride in their jobs here. The room had a small kitchentte with microwave/fridge, sink and some cabinets, a large flat screen tv and a comfortable desk and chair to work at. The bed was very comfortable, the mattress was a Serta Diamond Suite, which is a high quality mattress. The Diamond Suite mattress is a bit on the firmer side but still pretty plush, I tend to prefer hotels that have the Serta Presidential Suite mattresses which are a tad softer but I still slept really well here too.

Bathroom was huge, had great lighting and a very classy walk in shower, no disgusting bathtub which was a real plus for me..!!

Everything in the hotel still smells brand new. As another review mentioned as soon as you walk in the door and step on the carpet you sink down into in, very squishy, can feel the carpet padding which is a first for me in a hotel....I doubt most hotels even use padding beneath their carpets, they just put the cheapest stuff in.

There is abundant parking and the location is great, area itself is fantastic, there is nothing really in walking distance of the hotel but on the other side of the Interstate there is all kinds of shopping and restaurants.

Overall this is an awesome hotel, the price is still very good right now, perhaps due to it's newness, so hurry up and book this one because once folks find out about this hotel you can expect that the price will go up big time because it's that good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, June 6, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed review of our property. It means a lot that you took time and effort to provide such a detailed review of our hotel. Our staff take pride in keeping our location looking wonderful. Thank you again for review our hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are extremely clean, staff is friendly and helpful. Indoor pool was great for the entire family.

• Stayed June 2012
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel location. It is wonderful to hear that our spacious pool area could accommodate your entire family.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012 via mobile

We were planning to just staying 1 night but after being there 30 min we booked another night. What a wonderful place to stay!!

• Stayed June 2012
Thank you for taking time to review our property. We were glad that you chose to stay with us. Thank you also for choosing to extended your stay with us. Hope to see you again soon.
Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stayed at this property due to a family medical need. Great accommodations. Had the King suite with a full size fridge, stove, and fully equipped kitchenette. As this is a new property, found everything to be exceptionally clean with wonderful beds and lots of great pillows. Quiet and restful. Loved the continental breakfast which has many healthy breakfast options. Broke down one day and tried the fun pancake maker. What a surprise! They tasted great! My only recommendation in this area is that if you go during weekends, beat the kid and family rush and eat early or you will have to wait in line. Front desk staff helpful and friendly, and I loved the cookies at the front desk! Overall a great experience!

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is wonderful to hear that we could accommodate your needs while you were in town. We look forward to your future stay with us.
Arlington, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on one of the first nights it was open and it was amazing! Loved everything about it! The room was very spacios and LOVED THE SHOWER!!! I believe we were in a King Suite! Great Location, and friendly staff! The breakfast in the morning was wonderful! They had just about eveything you could imagine and it was yummy! Would definitly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Sioux Falls Area! Can't wait to bring my kids back with me next time to enjoy the pool area!
Thank you!
Jeani Vincent

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am glad you loved your stay and hope you will stay with us in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2012

We're in the middle of a 4-day stay at this hotel and have no complaints. The king suite is really spacious. The fridge / microwave, tiny little kitchen area is quite convenient. Other aspects I like about the room include the abundant number of outlets for plugging in phones and laptops, the TV swivels so you can watch from the bed or the couch, a proper shower! (no bathtub), nice heating/cooling system, and the bed and pillows are very comfortable.

I also appreciate how quiet the room is. Other than a bit of banging above us, we haven't heard anything from the rooms on either side, nor the hallway...despite there being a lot of kids here. I know this from attempting to use the hot tub on Friday night. My husband and I went down at 10:30pm and were surprised to find approximately 20 kids under the age of 12 using both the hot tub and pool. It'd be nice if there was an 18+ time from like 10-11pm for the pool and hot tub.

The breakfast choices are better than an average hotel breakfast, and that's coming from a very picky eater. We will definitely stay here again on our next trip to Sioux Falls!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property. We look forward to having you stay with us again.
Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

Stayed recently at this brand new hotel and things definetely were already moving along very smoothly.

Pros:
Nice location. About 15min from the airport
Fast internet. I didn't get a chance to capture the speed but it was better than most hotels
Very clean
Comfortable beds

Cons:
None

My only small gripe is the 2 people checking in in front of me got room upgrades as gold members and I did not as a platinum member. I was only there for 2 days so it wasn't worth asking after I got to my room and realized I wasn't upgraded. If the upgrade is important to you, you may want to ask when you check in for one until they get better at giving them out automatically.

Very nice hotel that we will be staying at again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Jessie B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to review our property. I am sorry you did not receive an upgrade automatically at check in. In the future, please do not hesitate to ask for an upgrade upon check in. We do our best to accommodate requests, and i will go over the information with my staff. Thank you again for your review of our property.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sioux Falls Southwest? Share your experiences!