“Comfortable place to stay (and work) in Sioux Falls...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #37 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Seville, Spain
“Comfortable place to stay (and work) in Sioux Falls...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We were here in June 2013 for three nights. This was our second stay at a Microtel, and we opted for the suite so we could have a larger work area, fridge, etc.

The rooms are really great. The "kitchen" area works as separation between the couch/desk and the bed/second desk. It's very functional and works well for two people sharing a living and working space for a few days.

They also offer smoking rooms, so if you're into that, it's nice to know it's available.

Stephanie at the front desk is a real dream. She was oh-so nice to us and we had some great chats. She also recommended all kinds of restaurants and sights in the area, and is really a wealth of information.

The only thing is: She really, really, really needs some decent help there. The hotel seems to be under-staffed, and I swear she was working every minute of every day we were there.

I agree with another reviewer that the breakfast area is tiny. It really is, and they could stand to make it bigger. Alas, coffee is available all day, and we ended up taking breakfast back to our room anyway.

Sioux Falls isn't difficult to get around. If you have a car, then you can get anywhere fairly quickly without any sort of hassle. It's next to the interstate and a couple of the main roads. It's also near a mall, a bunch of restaurants, and down the street from Starbucks.

The only *real* downside of this place is the pet fee. Microtel has some of the highest pet fees of any hotel chain we've ever stayed at. I'm not sure if the two we've stayed at were the same franchise owner or not, but the fees are completely insane.

We'd stay here again without even thinking about it, regardless of the pet fee. A+++ to the staff and the rooms.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

We felt sorry for the semipro football team staying there. The breakfast area was MUCH too small!!! I guess it is called Microtel for good reason. The food was quite basic, though they seemed to run out of fruit quite quickly.

As for our room, it was adequate. We had a large tree in front of our window, which gave privacy and deadened freeway sound. We stayed two nights. We had booked early, and the price was good.

Its location is right off the freeway, though a bit of a challenge to get to if you are new to the area. Basically, we needed to go an extra block, then double back, as the traffic was quite busy at the time.

There was a new staff member, or two, so there were a few gliches, but nothing major. The staff was friendly.

The location is very good. if you're hoping to be near shopping centers, resteraunts and a mall, this is a good spot. Many places are a reasonable walking distance, or are quite easy to drive to..

Room Tip: Request room away from freeway.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Topeka, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This property is on Carolyn Ave, easy to miss when you exit off Interstate 29. It is hard to see the street sign for Carolyn until you passed it. Carolyn Avenue has several other Hotels located on it, and they appear to have bigger signs that are easier to see. There are many restaurants located nearby.
The room itself was very basic. Clean and with a comfortable bed. Even though I was close to the office: it was very quiet. While I was in my room: I didn't hear a thing all night. The television couldn't receive all the channels. I don't know if it was just mine, or hotel wide. Since I was only there for a night, on my way to Deadwood, I didn't complain.
The breakfast was very limited: juice, coffee, rolls. About what you would expect for a motel in this price range.
BEWARE: When I checked out: I didn't look at my bill until I was down the road. I was charged an additional $1.50 for a safe I didn't use. When are motels going to quit doing this? Had I seen this at the motel, I would have refused to pay. Make sure you tell the front desk at check in that you don't want to use the safe, and make sure you check your bill before you leave!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
ABERDEEN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Basic hotel. Clean and in a good location. Some amenities. Good breakfast and washer and dryer. Lots of shopping just a couple of blocks. Parking lot was small and tight for a pickup. Pet friendly with a $50 nonrefundable charge. I didn't have to stay in a smoking room though.

• Stayed June 2013
Southaven, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

The room was fine and for a basic no-frills stay this will work. However, the breakfast area was small with few options and I could have used shuttle service which it did not have. Television was also small, not a wide screen. Staff was helpful in getting toiletries for me and overnight desk person was nice to deal with.

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!