“Very decent budget motel.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #38 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Ottawa, Canada
“Very decent budget motel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

Stayed here for a quick overnight and got great value for what we paid. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel itself was pleasant enough.

Our luggage was delayed and the hotel provided us with some basic amenities at no charge.

The breakfast room was small, but for a budget motel, the food was more than adequate.

The walls are somewhat thin, so bring ear plugs.

Although I was not with my family, I do not think they would have liked this place too much, as their was not too many kid friendly things for them to do, but for a late overnight, it would be fine.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Central Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

I had booked a reservation for our family to stay here for one night. I walked in and the place did not smell right. I asked to see the room & as the manager & I rode the elevator another guest was complaining about the smell. She said it was pot & that the whole place smelled like it since she checked in the night before. The room was dated, smelled musty & there were stains on the couch. We chose to stay elsewhere that night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

This place was clean, comfortable, and well furnished. I tend to prefer Microtels when available because they seem very consistent. Nothing spectacular, just a comfortable and reliable place to spend a night,

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Omaha, NE
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

We stayed here at the last minute after travelling across South Dakota through several bad storms. It was a way to break up the trip home after some stressful driving. We just wanted a cheap place to stay for the night before leaving in the morning.

It is a good location off the Interstate, but is a dingy, not very well maintained place. It was clean (thank goodness) but very worn down with peeling laminate and stains on the floors. At least the beds and linens were clean.

It was also very noisy, hearing people in the hallway and doors slamming all night.

The breakfast provided was disgusting and of questionable quality...there is coffee, juice, cold cereal, bagels and muffins. I chose just to have the juice. My husband had a bagel, but it was so bad, he couldn't eat it. How can a bagel be bad? I might have had some cereal, but the milk was presented in an open pitcher sitting in a bowl of water. I suppose it was sitting in ice at some time...but when? And we were there very early in the morning (0700).

It served its purpose, a night of sleep. But that's it.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011 via mobile

We are traveling from Missouri to Alaska and needed an affordable place to stay and get some sleep. We used priceline and was nervous after reading some of the previous reviews. We were actually even debating on taking a loss for this hotel and driving through the night because people were saying it was gross and dirty. We decided to check it out before deciding and to our surprise it was very clean and the staff was helpful. We were put into a room with a single bed and with kids we asked for a room with two beds and the lady wa more than wiling to upgrade us. It definitely isn't a fancy hotel but it has all you need if your not looking to spend a lot of money. We are pretty picky people and we didn't have any complaints for the price we got. I would definitely reccomend this place if all you need is a goodnights sleep in a decent place with clean beds and a clean room!

• Stayed May 2011
Traverse City, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2010

This hotel is by far the most disgusting hotel I have EVER stayed in. My first room had hair all over the bathroom floor and in the tub (small curly ones too!) Then when I went to call the front desk I found a hair on the phone receiver! GROSS! So the front desk gave me a new room. This time I was in inspection mode.... there was still hair on the floor (not as much), there were those nice short curly hairs in the tub, blue streak cleaning spray all over the tub (obviously not wiped down), there was an old dusty tortillia chip that was just under the side of the bed, a crumpled up clothing tag discarded inside the closet (which also had hair on it) oh yes.... and there was another small curly hair by the phone again. When I called the front desk again I wanted her to come up and see that I wasn't just making this stuff up. So she said she would be up, then never came... so I stayed up for nothing. Then the next day when I wanted to speak with the manager, she wasn't there so I left a note for her to call me. Two days later I called them and the manager was conveniently in a "meeting" in which she would be given the message that I called and wanted her to call me back. Its been over a week and I still have not heard anything. If I could rate this hotel in NEGATIVE stars I would. Seeing the previous reviews I would say that my stay was not a fluke. Terrible property, terrible staff, and what really sucks is that I paid the same price here that I did for a 4 star luxury resort in Reno later in the week! The best part of a 4 star resort.... NO HAIR!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

I reserved a suite room for one night and a regular room for another (using reward points) and hadn't noticed until I had made the booking and decided to worry about it once I got there. The front desk agent was more than happy to let me stay in the suite room for 2 nights and never wanted anything for the 2nd night's upgrade. The same desk agent was more than happy to help me get my things to my room and really made me feel welcome.

I loved the room. It had a living room and a bedroom and of course a bathroom. In the living room side there was access to the fridge, microwave and small kitchen sink. The TV could be seen from either side just by turning the TV. The bedroom had a wardrobe, desk and under the window seat were some drawers. It was an incredibly economical use of space and it really works. The bed was super soft and really comfortable and I really did almost miss breakfast on the 2nd morning. The air conditioning was wonderful as it had a thermostat so you could set it to a comfortable level and you didn't have to worry about waking up too hot or too cold. I also hardly heard it run.

It is at a great location close to the shopping mall and the Great Plains Zoo. It meant I really didn't have to travel far to do things I wanted to do.

Of the many places I stayed at on this road trip (8 in all) this by far was the best.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo

Been to Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!