“worth the stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
rochester, MN
“worth the stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

This hotel has recently changed to the Guesthouse International brand from the Kelly Inn brand and is a very great value. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for great value. The rooms are large and clean. The breakfast was great and the fitness room and pool very nice as well.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

The exterior of this hotel is deceiving. On the first floor rooms have two entrances - one exterior (can park in front of room) and interior. The exterior doors on some rooms in front of the motel had weather striping loose and a dirty/banged up appearance. It certainly "turned off" my wife. However, the lobby and hallways were very pleasant, clean and up dated. Management needs to spend some time sprucing up the exterior.

Room was quiet, clean but dated.....but this didn't matter since we used the motel only for sleeping.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
rapid city sd
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

My sister and I had to make a quick trip to see our grandparents in Minnesota, and we met in Sioux Fallso late on a Friday night. We were traveling with her two youngest children (6months and almost 3). We wanted somewhere cheap, since we would be at the hotel for less than 7 hours.

We found this hotel and we were able to get a rate of $65. The hotel was undergoing renovations, so it was a little scary looking, but the room was clean and we ended up with what I think was a junior suite room. It had a king bed and a recliner/sitting area. There was also a microwave and mini fridge. The bathroom even had a jetted tub that we didn't take advantage of.

The breakfast was lacking in the morning, limited to mini-muffins and donuts, but we were in a hurry to get out of town anyway. The woman at the check in desk was wonderful and helpful at getting us a room at the late hour.

Stayed September 2007
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2006

We had to stop in Sioux Falls due to bad weather and we thought we could save some money and stay at the Motel 6 located next door to the Kelly Inn. Well, when we checked in we had some of the rudest service I have ever seen in person or on Candid Camera!! Well anyways we get to the room and there is a unmentionable still on the bed!! That was the last straw! So me and my husband walked next door to the Kelly Inn where we were greated by a wonderful smile and just a good all around home feeling. The Kelly Inn was actually glad to have us stay there, and the rooms were spotless!! I think I could off eaten off the floor it was so clean! or maybe because they were freshly cleaned that day!!! What service, Keep up the good work guys!!!

• Stayed February 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2005

The price I made my booking at is not the price they tried to bill me. They tried to over bill my 2nd nights stay.
The jaccusi was too hot to use.
Not enough towels in the room for the 4 people who I booked the room for. Our request for extra pillows was denided.
We were told our reqest for an extra blanket would take 2 hours. They would need to wash a blanket for us.
The attendant at the front desk at check in was very strange. I think he was trying to be funny, but he came across as rude and strange.
The attendant on Sunday night at 9:00 pm was very unfriendly. She was the one who we called about the pillows and blanket.
The attendant the next morning at 9:00 was very friendly and helpful.
Swimming at the Ramkota was advertised as free in the travel guide. I was very disappointed when Kelly Inn charged us to go over there and swim.
Over all our stay was very poor. I would not stay there again.

• Stayed June 2005