You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Ranked #19 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Lakeville, United States
“Fantastic”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

We decided to stop our cross country road trip in the middle of the night, and pulled into the hotel at 3am. Not only did they still have rooms available, but they gave us an unasked for discount since we were arriving so late/early. We realized after checking out that a stuffed animal of our daughter must have been left in the room, causing major distress. We turned around and returned to the lobby where "rose" was waiting with the concierge. A great experience overall, great night sleep to boot.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

I wish my stay here would have been for better reasons, but my sister was airlifted here from Pierre to the hospital there so, I used my points to stay a few nights. This hotel is sort of off of the beaten path, but we didn't have too much of a problem finding it. They let us check in early, and although we didn't stay in the room much, we loved every minute of our stay. We got a lovely view of the water on the back side of the hotel, it was very picturesque! Both hotel and the room were super clean!

The breakfast was fantastic! The french toast was super yummy! :)

For the people saying the front desk staff were not pleasant, I don't know what you are talking about. The girl who checked us in was super friendly, and in the morning when we were making arrangements to stay another night, the staff was also friendly. There was a very nice older gentleman (I believe his name was Doug?) and I was telling him about the reason we were there, and the next morning he made a point to ask me how my sister was and how we were. That really spoke volumes with me. These people do care about you, and we will definitely be back if we have to come to Sioux Falls In the future! Thank you for making a stay that was very hard and emotional, the best it could be! There is a reason I keep coming back to Country Inn's and your property is why!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

When I am in Sioux Falls I always stay here. Yes there are cheeper places but not on the river walk that I have watched develop over the years. This is a nice downtown area and the crown jewel Falls Park are connected by the river walk. The hotel is nice and clean with a good continental breakfast. I will stay here again next time I am in town.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Rhinelander, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I booked this hotel due to the location and was not disappointed---the river walk and closeness to downtown are perfect! The hotel itself is pretty standard, nothing extraordinary but completely adequate.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Burton, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

This hotel was a very nice place to stay in Sioux Falls, S.D. It is very conveniently located on the river with access to the river walk. It is also within easy walking distance of the two or three renovated blocks of old town Sioux Falls with its lovely sidewalk art work, trendy shops and wonderful restaurants and pubs. The must-see old courthouse museum, Catholic cathedral, and historic governor's mansion are a longer walk or a short drive. The Falls are at the end of the river walk, or a fun ride on the trolley away. The trolley stops just across the river from the hotel. The breakfast was very nice. My only complaint is that the rooms could use more soundproofing. We could hear our upstairs neighbors and their children well into the night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Palmetto, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

I can't say enough good things about this hotel. Not one thing was wrong or needs improvement in my opinion. The front desk clerks were very polite and helpful. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable and updated to new standards.I was on a week long trip through South Dakota. This was my last night there. It was the best hotel I stayed at during the week. The others were comparable. But this one, by far, was the best. Especially for the price. Great location as well. I could walk everywhere I wanted to go. I will and have recommended your hotel to my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Sioux Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Manager Amber and her staff provide the best service of any Hotel I stay out in my 4 state territory! The hotel itself is above average at best...BUT the staff manages to pull of a 5 in my book. Spectacular view on the river side.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business