We wanted to try a Country Inn and Suites, and the location of this one was reviewed as being near the Falls. We didn't get a chance on a earlier stop in Sioux Falls so I was looking forward to it. We were not disappointed. We arrived, to f ind a very full parking lot - apparently a wedding and a family reunion were involved. We did get the last spot, and there is overflow parking next door. We were graciously checked in, and found the room to be quite roomy for our three large pieces of luggage. Since parking seemed to be full, we decided not to move the car but did walk to town and had dinner at the Phillips Avenue Diner (we had already eatten at Minerva's on a earlier trip - good but a little pricey). This place is not your average diner - it has a lot of atmosphere, excellent service and good food! We were very pleased, and it was nice to be able to take a walk afterwards and watch the horse and carriages along Phillips avenue. The hotel does have a restraunt with a overlook of the river, but there was a private party going on so we decided to eat elsewhere.
We took a walk outside to find the walkway nearby that can take you to the falls. It would have been easier to walk off the deck of the hotel, but there was a large party on it when we were there so we didn't want to just cut across. The walk is easy enough, and you'll come across the falls. What a lovely park! There is a tower there that has an elevator there to see the view, and a gift shop that was quite reasonable! We happily walked away with two $5.00 T shirts. Bring your camera, and there is a light show at night, though we opted not to stay for it. The path is a lovely walk from the falls to the town area.
Monk's Ale house is right down the street from the hotel. We didn't get a chance to go here but we've been to the one in Philly - which is very good. Also there is a giant train yard next to the park at the Falls and you'll see tracks and a old train station near the hotel.
Once nice mention for Country Inn and Suites - they have a Read and Return program. Yes, they have a book shelf full of books you can borrow - and if your not done when you stay is done, just send it back later. I had just finished a book I brought and needed something to do while waiting for laundry - and happily read a paperback from this shelf. What a lovely idea.
Overall we had a great stay and would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guests will find the Country Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls, SD conveniently located in the heart of downtown, near Falls Park and the business district. Your stay in Sioux Falls will be stress-free thanks to our helpful services, including a heated indoor pool and whirlpool, complimentary high-speed Internet access, airport shuttle service via local taxi and an on-site restaurant. Situated in downtown Sioux Falls, our hotel's location makes it easy for guests to visit the Old Courthouse Museum, the Sioux Falls Arena and Convention Center, the Washington Pavilion of Arts & Science and the Great Plains Zoo. Reserve your room online today and discover all the great benefits of the Country Inn & Suites in Sioux Falls, SD. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls
- Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls Hotel Sioux Falls
- Country Inn Sioux Falls
- Sioux Falls Country Inn