“Noisy for a country girl” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Hartford, Wisconsin
“Noisy for a country girl”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Everything was fantastic. Especially the staff. The employee that works the continental breakfast was great. My kids enjoyed the pool and hot tub (which wasn't too hot for them). The only real negative was the constant noise of trains blowing their horns half a block away which seemed like all night long. I turned the fan from the air conditioner on to try and drown out the outside noise. There is construction across the street that started quite early but my kids get up at the crack of dawn anyway so that was fine. Our room was on the front of the building so the back may be better. Also, the way we drove in was through what looked like a sketchy neighborhood and wondered where the heck my husband booked our stay. Then it seemed to change quickly into more of a revitalized neighborhood.

• Stayed August 2013
ShelbyK138, Guest Relations Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm so glad to hear we took good care of you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

The hotel is located in a good spot. Close to Falls Park and the downtown area. However, the hotel was not what we expected from Country Inns.
Our room didn't smell fresh - we ended up opening the windows to air it out!
We arrived in our room to find a bag of towels, soaps, etc on our floor with a note that says so we missed cleaning your room.
We found someone's leftover milk in our fridge.
While the beds were made and things looked somewhat cleaned - it just didn't seem like it was.
We informed the front desk - she didn't seem too concerned.
The breakfast area is VERY SMALL. Maybe 20 or so chairs and more than 50 people trying to eat breakfast. Not fun!!!
We filled out the survey and were offered a free night to come back and try them again - however, this was a family vacation out west and we will not be traveling through the area any time soon. No response after that.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't have a good stay with us. It seems that something went wrong in housekeeping for you to have the checkin experience you had with your room. I apologize for that and assure you this is not typical. Customer service is our top priority and I'm sorry that it seems that didn't happen for you. Please call Amber at the hotel to make this right.
Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We enjoyed staying at this hotel. The manager on duty when we checked in was very friendly and helpful with directions and recommendations. No problem with our room; it was just as expected and had a nice view of the river. We stayed in a suite with a queen bed in one bedroom and a pullout for the kids in the sitting room area. Comfortable beds and nice televisions. Falls Park is a ten minute walk from the hotel and you could easily walk downtown to restaurants and the wonderful sculpture walk.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Urbandale, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My team and I travel to Sioux Falls regularly. We always stay at this hotel. WHY? the staff is amazing..especially the front desk team and the manager (spiky black hair gal). The rooms are literally spotless and the beds are to die for. These are the most comfortable rooms with plenty of lighting and a very clean feel! I would reccomend this hotel over any other brand! The best I stay at!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

I looked through the Sioux Falls Visitor Guide for awhile before calling for a reservation. When I called the 800 number the woman was not able to "locate" the discount from the guide. So I called the local number directly. I told the woman we had two adults and three kids. She told me she had a two queen with a pullout or a suite with the same. The base rate was very reasonable for a suite so I booked that. I asked if I could hold the room with my debit card, then pay with cash. She said that would be fine and to just pay with cash at check out. When we arrived, we checked in with no problems. When we got to the room the kids asked where the other bed was. It had one queen bed in a bedroom and a pullout couch. When I asked the gentleman at the desk about it he said that they didnt have any rooms like that in the hotel. I said "you dont have any rooms that sleep five?" Nope. Not without a roll away and that will be an extra ten dollars. ??!! Why in the world would the girl on the phone tell me you had a room for five people?! So I asked if he could waive the extra charge. Nope. Thats their policy... Should have just left but we had already gotten bags in room and everybody was ready to go site seeing and start our vacation. So I sucked up the extra charge. Ugh. Then later my husband comes to tell me there the front desk called saying there was a problem with the billing and wanted our credit card #. My husband obviously did not give that out and said he would go to the front desk. So I went to the front desk to talk to the gentleman there. I told him what was going on and he asked if he was the one that checked us in. I said yes and he looked it up on the computer and said he checked us in just fine and the credit card went through fine. He said he remembered sending the phone call up to us and they had just asked for room number 206. He did call his supervisor and he was told to not send calls to a room number without asking who they were looking for. Then when we were ready to leave in the morning we got our receipt under the door and our credit card was charged at 2 in the morning instead of being able to pay cash. Overall after our experience I would not recommend staying at this location.

• Stayed June 2013
We are sorry that the hotel didn't meet your expectations. We have addressed the issues you mentioned to make sure that this doesn't happen in the future. We hope if you are in the area again you will give us another try. Please call Amber at the hotel so we can make this right.
Yankton, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Can't say enuff about Amber and her staff at this awesome hotel! Stay here over 25 days a year and love it! New fitness center, stunning view of the the river, great restaurants in the area and a fun little bar and deck next to the Sioux River. Good breakfast too! Can't go wrong here.

• Stayed June 2013
Bellevue, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Can't understand why AAA gives this facility just 2 diamonds. It's clearly far better than that. The place is well maintained and exceptionally clean. Rooms are well furnished and comfortable and quiet. The beds and bedding are not top-notch but are still fine. TV and wi-fi are great. It's within a short walk to downtown and is right on the super bike trail that encircles the city. Most impressive was the breakfast. Excellent variety of high quality food served on/with plates, cups, utensils good enough to be in one's home, i.e., no paper and plastic. We've stayed here a number of times and will certainly do so again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west overlook the river and city.