“Decent hotel - convenient location.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #32 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Fergus Falls, Minnesota
“Decent hotel - convenient location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2009

We stayed one night on our way to the Black Hills region. The hotel's location right off the freeway was convenient, and there were a lot of restaurants to choose from just across the freeway. There is also an IHOP right next door.

The rooms were average, but just fine for a one-night stay. The beds were very soft, which I didn't care for since I like a firm mattress. But the kids thought they were great.

Some noise filtered in from the nearby highway, but it wasn't too bad. Other than that, it was relatively quiet.

The breakfast area was clean and had a nice selection.

Overall, a decent place to stay for a night.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2008

The room was large. The beds were very comfortable. They had nice pillows. The breakfast had a lot of choices. The woman working at the front desk was nice and friendly.

• Liked — The room was very comfortable
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
BaymontSD, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 30, 2008
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our hotel. We enjoy getting responses from guests no matter the content. They help us improve and also provide recognition for staff! Again, Thanks for the review and we hope to see you again!

Holly

Holly J. Anderson
Assiniboia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2008

Carpet was dirty, fixtures/furniture was dated (except for the desk chair, which was one of the nicest I've ever seen), and the staff was okay at best. Definetely not a terrible option if you're on a tight budget, but I don't think I'd stay again.

• Liked — The price.
  • Disliked — Every else.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ramsey, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2008

We enjoyed our stay at the Baymont Inn in Sioux Falls SD. The room was very clean, the bed comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. I forgot my hat in the room and didn’t realize it was missing until we were 250 miles away. When I phoned the hotel they told me that they had found my hat and would mail it to me. My hat almost beat me home. I would definitely stay at the Baymont again. It was a great experience for us.

• Liked — The room was comfortable and very clean,
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2008

My husband had just been released from the hospital and we decided to stay in town before the long drive home. The Baymont gave us a great medical rate and made sure the accomodations for my husband were satisfactory. Nice rooms, comfy beds, hated to go home!

Stayed January 2008
rapid city, sd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2007

We picked this hotel from a travel magazine because they had a coupon in it. Of course, when we got there, they did not have any of the coupon priced rooms available. Oh well. We took a regular priced room, which, with tax etc, ended up being about $96. The room was average, two standard beds. It was clean and the location was right off the freeway and close to food and shopping. It was pretty quiet and the pool area was nice. They did have a luggage cart available which is always nice in the lower priced hotels. Unfortunately, I accidently left my credit card on the front desk counter and it got stolen. I was lucky enough to realize it within 30 minutes and call to get it cancelled, but was still disappointed to have this happen, though it was not the hotels fault. I pity the person who took it, the first time they try to use it...........ha ha. When we got ready to leave we checked all the dresser drawers even though we had only stayed one night and not used them, and we found somebody elses clothes in one of the drawers....I informed the front desk but it kind of made me wonder how much attention to detail they have here. All in all though, it was acceptable and I would probably stay here again (and be much more careful of my credit card!).

• Liked — right off the freeway, close to food and shopping
  • Disliked — felt there was inattention to detail (others clothes in drawers, credit card taken under front desks noses)
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2007

We had three rooms and were very pleased. Staff is friendly, helpful and responsive. Rooms were appointed adequately (not luxorious, but clean and well cared for.) Inlcuded breakfast is good, included great waffles on Sunday. Free Internet and printer in lobby is handy.

• Liked — Nice indoor pool!
  • Stayed July 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!