“Sioux City stay” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #29 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Sioux Falls
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I was concerned upon checkin, the room had a bag of trash, behind the bathroom door was not clean, and the ironing board was stained. Pointed this out to staff and the issues were resolved. Other issues with dog barking was not the fault of the hotel or staff.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

BaymontMGR, Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
DN -
I am so happy to hear that your issues were taking care of expediently. I do apologize for the dog barking, we did make several attempts to contact the owners, but it wasn't resolved as quickly as hoped. Hope that you will stay with us again soon!
Chamberlain, South Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

I checked-in on a Friday afternoon after a friend was kind enough to drop me off on his way through town. I was told via the website, “A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided at no charge”, one of the main reasons I booked this hotel and not a slightly more expensive hotel. However, as I was checking in, I was told that the shuttle service was not running on the day I needed until 4pm. I needed to be at the airport early in the morning. So not being familiar with the area I asked how I was supposed to get to the airport, as I had no personal vehicle. The clerks told me that they had an agreement with a cab service to get a discounted fare and gave me the number. I made a call to the cab service, that the clerks had given me at the front desk, and I mentioned the place I was staying at and that I needed a ride to the airport the next morning. They told me okay and gave me the fee and I asked about the discount that the clerks had mentioned earlier. The woman on the phone said that there was no such agreement with the company and that the fee would be full price.

The room was overall pretty good. The bathroom was tiny, but served its purpose. I can’t offer any reviews about the breakfast as I again had to leave early in the morning and breakfast was not out at that time. The staff was unprofessional gossiping about coworkers in front of customers as they waited on service.

Overall, I was very disappointed with this hotel in that they misrepresented themselves and gave out wrong information to their customers. I hope no one else falls into the same trap from this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
KINGSKNIGHT -
Very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us, please let us know of anything we can do for you, should you stay with us again.
Sioux Falls
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

Room was ok..had a dirty towel hanging in the bathroom and hair in the tub, they cleaned our room the next day but no new cups/coffee...coffee in breakfast area was watered down. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

TINA W -
I'm sorry to hear there were a couple issues but happy that the housekeeping staff was able to correct them. I do apologize for the coffee, we tried a new brand but it wasn't up to our quality standards and now have an excellent cup of coffee waiting for you on your next visit!

Been to Baymont Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!