“Very convenient for families ” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #16 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, MN
“Very convenient for families ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

Very nice Homewood Suites, just off of the interstate. We had a king suite, which included a full kitchen, living room and bedroom. I always marvel at hotel rooms that are bigger than New York apartments.

The sofa bed was very average as far as comfort, but our kids are little so it doesn't matter. The king bed was comfy. I missed my down comforter, but that's just my preference.

The breakfast was very good and the staff kept the area very clean and well stocked.

The pool was warm and clean, and the hot tub was as well.

Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Randolph, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Nice rooms for family stay. Our room slept six - two queen beds and a pull-out couch. Room was large enough to not feel cramped even with pull-out bed and family gear. Queen beds slept great; pull-out was fine for kids. Enjoyed indoor pool, free internet access, and excellent complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

sioux falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2013

We had no complaints. We were able to check in 2 hours early which was great. I checked in over the phone so my other guests could be let into the room. The gal on the phone was VERY nice and accommodating with my request. The room was the perfect size for what we needed and very clean. The little kitchen was great. We all went down for the hot breakfast with eggs, sausage and hash browns. There was fruit, cereal, bagels, toast, Danishes, juice and of course fresh hot coffee. This worked out great for our "girls night" out.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Sioux Falls, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The hotel is wonderful, but the people don't care about you or your safety. I (woman alone at night) was stuck in a snow bank 5 blocks from the hotel and they not only didn't actually help me (policy), they didn't even check up on me to see if I was OK.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
I am terribly sorry that your experience at our hotel was disappointing. I especially would like to express my concern regarding your being stuck in snow close to our hotel. I can assure you that our guests’ safety is our main priority and very much regret that you went through such an unpleasant ordeal, however, we do have certain policies that we must adhere to and sincerely apologize if we were not able to assist you during this stressful time.

Please know that your well being is very important to us and I would be more than happy to discuss this personally with you.

Best regards,
Meloney
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Positive...staff was friendly...breakfast had variety. Negative... The rooms carpet and bed mattresses need updating. Dirty carpet, mold in shower, mattresses hard and pullout bad. We have stayed in other Hilton and Homewood suites and this was one of the worst.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Sioux Falls, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our family held its family Thanksgiving at the Homewood Suites and used one of their conference rooms. The hotel room and conference were great for space, amenities, and use. The conference room was reserved almost 1 year in advance so we were guaranteed the space and the room was set-up (enough tables for seating, tables for food, and a TV/video system for the football games)just as requested. I would recommend this hotel for just the suites itself, but the breakfast area/lobby and other amenities were well used by the family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had reservations for three rooms, one room was cancelled as I was not able to make the trip. Despite the remaining rooms being used and paid for, my credit card was charged. I have had to call three times now to have these charges reversed and continue to get the run around even from a so called "supervisor." My family also had issues with checking in and out. Who cares how beautiful a hotel is if customer service lacks?

Stayed November 2013
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by our cancellation policy. We do have certain policies that we must adhere to and I very much regret if in any way we did not make them clear when you first booked your room with us. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

M Storgaard

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!