“Thanksgiving stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, United States
“Thanksgiving stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Our family held its family Thanksgiving at the Homewood Suites and used one of their conference rooms. The hotel room and conference were great for space, amenities, and use. The conference room was reserved almost 1 year in advance so we were guaranteed the space and the room was set-up (enough tables for seating, tables for food, and a TV/video system for the football games)just as requested. I would recommend this hotel for just the suites itself, but the breakfast area/lobby and other amenities were well used by the family.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had reservations for three rooms, one room was cancelled as I was not able to make the trip. Despite the remaining rooms being used and paid for, my credit card was charged. I have had to call three times now to have these charges reversed and continue to get the run around even from a so called "supervisor." My family also had issues with checking in and out. Who cares how beautiful a hotel is if customer service lacks?

Stayed November 2013
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I am very sorry that you were inconvenienced by our cancellation policy. We do have certain policies that we must adhere to and I very much regret if in any way we did not make them clear when you first booked your room with us. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and apologize for any misunderstanding that might have occurred.

Again, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you went through and would be more than happy to discuss this further with you. Your satisfaction is our main concern and I make myself available for any questions you should have.

M Storgaard
Fargo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is quiet and all the employees are helpful and friendly. The pool area is quite relaxing. Breakfast staff assisted me with the grandchildren and were cleaning off tables and replenishing the food items on the breakfast bar constantly. The front desk was accomadating when I asked for a later check out time. Parking is very good no matter what side of the hotel you are on. Easy on and off access to shopping and the Interstate highway system. They are able to accomadate large families with bigger rooms available on the third floor. Dishwashers and stoves/refrigerators in the rooms are convenient for us as we like to prepare our meals ourselves. Towels are provided at both the pool and workout areas with the restrooms right next to them.

Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Sasha at the front desk is very polite and very helpful there was a mix up on my reservations and they had made 2 reservations for me the first room they put me n was a smoking room hand it smelled awful I asked if they had a nother room that was non smoking she look for a little bit and found one this is the kind of service you expect from Hilton all the time everywhere you go awesome job Sasha.as far as a smoking room does that room even smell worse than some motel 6 smoking rooms they really need to use ioniozers to prevent that old smoke smell from permiating the building .

• Stayed November 2013
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I loved this hotel! It was clean, well cared for, staff was friendly, breakfast was great, local transportation a huge bonus, and very well located. My room had a fridge, micro, dishes/dishwasher, table and chairs, desk, couch, and the regulars (bed, bathroom, closet, sink). It was supremely quiet. The extra blanket placed at the foot of the bed was a nice touch. Also, the breakfast was good...eggs, hashbrowns, and sausage (with bacon offered one of my 3 mornings there). Also, breads/muffins, waffles, oatmeal, cereal, juice, milk, coffee, tea, salsa/cheese/jalapenos for eggs. I would definitely stay here again, and because it was so nice, I will most definitely choose Homewood over other hotels in the future! (And $95 was a very competative price!)

Room Tip: Room 219 has 2 windows...is very quiet, but is a tiny bit far from the elevator (if you have difficu...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Groton SD, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The room could not have been any better. it was very clean and smelled great. The Bed was the best. Breakfast was great. On our second day of the stay, we arrived for Breakfast just about an hour late, we were still met with a warm smile and told to fill our plates. We were there for a hospital visit and was given a very fair hospiatal stay rate. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Downers Grove, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Great experience at this hotel. I would go back to this hotel the next time I am in Sioux Falls, South Dakota. It was very clean and quiet. The room was spacious. Location was great as long as you had a car. If you do not have a car, a downtown hotel would be a better option for you.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business