“Homewood is like Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Homewood is like Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The Homewood delivers such a quality and consistent hotel experience every time. The rooms are exceptional for the price. It is such a pleasant experience to stay here. The breakfast is excellent and the manager's evening reception is outstanding. They even allow for guests to take part. This is our hotel of choice.

204 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We booked a room for two nights..two adults, two teens. We had a suite with two doubles and a pull out couch. Rm 101 on the main floor and by the side entrance door. Paper thin walls, we heard every noise from above and from the freeway. But, we booked the larger room to have a pullout for our rally son. We opened pull out at eleven and no sheets and only one blanket to be found. Called front desk, no sheets or blankets left for guests...all gad been given out. Upon closer inspection pullout was mangled...saggy, and ick. Called the front desk again and was told maintenance man pushed down and snapped someone else's pull out and we should try that. Grrr. Front desk staff came to our room and took a peek at pullout and admitted hotel needs to invest in new ones. Suggested we take the one inch spring full mattress off pullout and put on floor for a better night slept. Ugh. I called front desk and asked if they could give us a complimentary second room. Was told he thought maintenance found a roll away and a blanket for us! I said we would not be staying a second night...this was crazy that we had to deal with this. Front desk said he talked to manager on the phone...not on site and we would get twenty dollars off per night. Rollaway came...it ended up we gad no room to move in the first room...they did find twin sheets and two blankets after all...crappy rollaway but our son slept on it and our daughter on the flimsy pullout mattress on the floor. My husband and I each had a double in the other bedroom after all and they were adequate. But, we decided that for this rate we would do hotwire and get two rooms at the Sheraton the second night, which we booked instantly. 59 per room x two was cheaper than our cramped, noisy, ick mattresses! I spoke with the weekend manager via phone before we checked out, no apology, no I am sorry. No nothing!

We checked into two amazing Sheraton rooms. Renovated fully since our last visit! We would not recommend the home wood suites to anyone. Save money and stay at the Sheraton.

Sioux Falls, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

Very nice looking hotel, good accomodations, nice location. Clean and very hospitable. Good breakfast in the am and flexible hours. Best accommodation we have found in Sioux Falls and we travel from the west to the midwest every year. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Princeton, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

Far nicer accommodation than expected. The suites are especially spacious and suited for family stays. Check-in process very efficient. Breakfast on weekends a bit limited but I was told more variety during the week- no Yogurt and limited fruit! Struggling to find any significant negatives!

Seattle, WA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Hotels need to realize that a good night's sleep is paramount (table stakes in the hotel game). I would not stay at this hotel again. This was my second stay at this hotel -- I gave it a second chance and I shouldn't have. There are a lot of nice things about this hotel, but the one flaw is a pretty critical one: lack of noise insulation between floors. During my first stay earlier in the summer, I was awakened around 2am by someone moving around noisily above me for about an hour. I couldn't afford to lose the sleep that night. I decided to give this hotel another chance because everything else was so nice, but I specifically requested a top (3rd) floor room. However, I did not receive a top floor room - when you arrive late, you get what they have left regardless if you had a reservation or any requests. I got stuck on the 2nd floor again, and this time it was worse, because not only did I hear the people above me (sounded like a child running around) until midnight but I was also awakened around 3:30am with laundry carts and other activities on the floor below me. Turns out my room was above the hotel laundry room and kitchen prep area. I finally got up at 5:30am and had breakfast and got the heck out of there. What a waste of money. Most everything else about the hotel is quite nice - the breakfast is really good. Although, there was mold in my shower, which was surprising. I've attached photos. If you decide to risk it and stay here, don't let them put you in rooms 226 or 228 (above the facilities).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Kearney, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Evening reception, good breakfast, nice hotel, & safe. Near restaurants and highway. The mattresses may need to be replaced soon because they were very soft. I stay at this hotel usually for business. The 2 room suite is nice and helps block out the noise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. My recent stay was a surprise ... The maintenance dept. and head housekeeper need to be spoken to about the conditions I observed. First, the windows and glass doors leading into the front entrance were FILTHY. The sliding automatic doors screeched terribly when opening and closing which was very irritating while sitting in the lobby lounge chairs. The lenses of the light fixtures in the lobby were full of bugs. The edges of the carpet in the common corridors and elevator had a 1/2 inch border of dust ... My guest room was not much better. When entering my guest room I discovered the cushions of the sofa standing up on end ... what the heck? I discovered a woman's makeup article on the bathroom floor and there was no facial tissue in the dispenser. In conclusion, management has dropped the ball in terms of housekeeping and attention to detail. While I have been pretty satisfied with this hotel in the past, I think I will look elsewhere moving forward.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!