“I will consider again...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #11 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
“I will consider again...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

This Homewood Suites establishment was missing the "wow" factor (like another reviewer commented) compared to others that I have stayed at in Wisconsin and Minnesota.
The rooms, kitchenette, vanity area has all the amenities but was a bit dated like the shower, kitchen space VERY narrow, sofa bed was terrible (my friend felt all the springs poking her). Food crumbs in arm chair, couple flys buzzing in our room. The location of our room was confusing, we went in circles to find the elevator and the stairs were not easily accessible (need signs to direct location of stairs).
I purchased the room in advance which meant I was charged immediately the day I booked it. After the transaction I received a confirmation number informing me everything was legit and good to go. Upon checking in and relaxing in the room, I was called to come back down to the front desk because they said I did not pay! Usually when it is an advance purchase, the room has been paid for. After showing my confirmation number, dates I booked it, transaction of money, it was resolved. Just an advice for next time, have your confirmation number handy because they might charge you again without proof!
Overall I would consider this establishment here in Sioux Falls again because I believe in their brand. However, maybe renovate a couple things to make it up to par with the rest of the surrounding Homewood Suites establishment in other states.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We had an opportunity to meet family and friends at your hotel recently, and had stayed at this location previously. We were once again very impressed with the cleanliness, efficiency of the staff and the great breakfast options. But what made this trip special was an employee named Heidi. She went above and beyond to make sure that our stay was comfortable and was extremely helpful. Hats off to you Heidi..... we will definitely return to stay at your hotel.

Sheryl H

Room Tip: The king room was a little chilly, but that was perfect for my husband and I.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive response, I will forward your comments on to the staff and Heidi particularly. We appreciate your loyalty!
Grand Forks, North Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I needed a nice but not overly expensive place to stay cause I was only in Sioux Falls from 8pm until about 8am and only because I needed a specific auto part. We stumbled upon this place, never having had heard about it prior to seeing it that night. The front desk lady was extremely nice and soooo helpful. I felt like I was at my log cabin the whole time I was there. My room had a kitchenette and a full size closet and a queen bed with a couch. Very comfortable and cozy. I absolutely loved this place. The breakfast was the best breakfast I have had at a hotel in the United States as well. Can't wait to go back and I will be staying next time I am in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel. We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay. As always, I share these reviews with the staff and they always feel great when they know they have helped in making someones stay a positive one. Thank you again.
Tucson, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

It was nice. No problems or big issues. But I had stayed at a Homewood Suites in Phx a few years ago and remember being "wowed" by the size of the room, the amenities, the staff etc. This was so-so. We had a two bdrm/two bath suite for a family gathering. It was fine. the bedrooms were a good size tho one bedrm had a king and one bdrm had a queen and a jacuzzi tub, which wasn't used and we would have rather had it be another bed! There was a small kitchenette but came stocked with VERY few dishes, utensils etc. (Moral here: bring some paper cups/plates, plastic serveware if you plan to eat in the room at all) Nice size frig which worked great for leftovers, bottles of beer/wine/soda.

The room was clean and the housekeeping did try to provide service while we were there but we always had people there, going in and out etc. But we always had plenty of clean towels etc.

The breakfast was one of those that after day 1, you opt to go to McD's...again it was fine but always the same things so you get a little bored with it. On the Sunday there were a TON of people in the brkfast area trying to get their hands on whatever they could and it always feels like cattle at the trough. One irritating thing was people would occupy big tables with their "party" and then just sit and talk and sit and talk for ever while others would come trying to find a place to sit and eat. Not much the hotel can do about this other than perhaps politely inviting people to gather elsewhere? One day the regular coffee maker was broken, and they had to wait for someone to come in and fix it rather than just replace it with another one. Seems they would have some reserves/extras available?

We did go to the pool. It was fine...not huge and I think only 5 ft at the deepest. But good for kids to play.

A good thing is it's location....right off I 229 - just a block away from Lewis Drug....near major hubs...it is easy to get anywhere from here!

Staff for the most part were friendly and responsive.

So bottom line was there was little wrong but it missed a "wow" factor for the price we paid nightly is all.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the housekeeping service to your liking. We look forward to serving your travel needs with a “wow factor” at our property should you return to the area.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

Just a quick weekend trip to Sioux Falls, SD, and great to see that Homewood Suites had a location here. Always a great hotel, never have had a bad experience here. Location was close to highway for easy access to Downtown and very close to a nice mall. Nice pool, great breakfast as always.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent, queen studio a bit cheaper than a whole suite and just as good.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

We love Homewood Suites, so when we were on our way home from Black Hills, we decided to stop over for the night before heading home to Wisconsin. It was my mistake that when I made the reservation online and booked a smoking room. Heavy smoke smell, but then again, totally my fault. The room was very nice. We were in a corner room and thought it would be very quiet, but a 5am we were woke up by a shower (must have been above us), but it was so loud, it sounded like a truck running in our room. We left shortly thereafter as the noise never subsided.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noisy shower sound. We encourage guests to let us know if they’re experience any noise discomfort so we can try our best to alleviate this. However, your comments will help us to improve our guest experience. Also, I’m very sorry that you mistakenly booked a smoking room. If that happens again during a stay with us, let us know, and we’ll try to accommodate you as best we can. We hope to see you soon. Best regards.
Plainfield, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband and I went on vacation end of August 2012 to Sioux Falls, SD for the first time. In checking hotels on-line for best deals and ammenities, I came across Homewood Suites by Hilton in Sioux Falls, SD. As I was doing my comparisions from a couple of hotel choices to research, I called the hotel directly to ask those questions and realized that by doing so, I got a better deal by calling the hotel directly verses any 1-800 numbers. The hotel rep stated to me if I made the reservations with her at that moment, she could get me a King Size suite for a Queen Size price (a savings about $15.00 plus tax per night). Then she realized that we had never stayed at a Hilton before and told us of some other really nice ammenities, i.e. full hot breakfasts each morning (most hotels offer only continental breakfasts) and on Mon through Thurs every evening they have a light meal (from 5-7 PM) that includes free beer and free wine. Being unemployed and living only on one income, this was a deal we couldn't refuse. We saved so much money by eating 3 of the 4 nights at the hotel and enjoyed a glass of wine in their beautiful courtyard - very, very relaxing indeed. The pool and hot-tub was also nice too. The service was excellent - seeing the hotel desk reps going above and beyond - for example, recommending restaurants in the area and sometimes having discount coupons for free appetizers to boot. They also provided a courtesy shuttle bus to whereever you needed to go within the city limits and though we did not use this service, I remembered one of the nights that we were considering it they were short a van driver, but was willing to call a taxi and have them take us where we needed to go and on the return and they vowed to pick up the cost. I don't know of any other hotel where I had stayed at that would have offered this service. I was really impressed and felt that it was one of the best hotels that I had ever stayed at on vacation. I highly recommend this hotel in Sioux Falls, SD and if new to Hilton like us, sign up for Hilton Honors reward card and start earning benefits to stay. Also, each suite has their own kitchennettes which my husband and I did use some of it's features and was grateful to have that option (which also helps to save money if you are on a tight budget). The food was very good too - as well as I forgot to mention if you like to BBQ, well they had a BBQ Grill that you could have used on your own outside in their courtyard as well - most hotels don't have that option either. You get more for your money staying here. I highly recommend it - while in Sioux Falls, see the DT Sioux Falls area, Great Plains Zoo and Delbridge Natural History Museum, USS South Dakota Memorial, and don't forget to take a road trip to see DeSmets, SD Laura Ingalls Homestead (that was very fun - you can take turns driving the covered wagon to the one-room school house). Very enjoyable, fun, and relaxing trip - the hotel made the difference not only in value and savings, but enjoyment as well. Thank You Homewood Suites Hilton in Sioux Falls, SD. Hope to be back your way in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor - suggest the third floor because you can hear the people upstairs, espe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Meloney M, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 12, 2012
Thank you so much for your positive response! I share these with our staff and they will feel great satisfaction for making someones stay so comfortable! It is always lovely to hear of such a relaxing and enjoyable stay. We look forward to serving you again in the future.
Best regards,

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!