“Wow!!! Best place to stay in Sioux Falls!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 15%
Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Cherokee, Iowa
“Wow!!! Best place to stay in Sioux Falls!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

We come to Sioux Falls alot, at least 5 times a year. I would stay here everytime. Nice, clean rooms, Cozy beds, and a great staff. After a long drive, its really nice to have the home-style feel of this hotel.... Great Job!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
nashville, Tn
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

our room was fine, except there was no silverware at all. lots of dishes...nothing to eat with had i wanted to cook. bed comfortable, roomy enough, easy to adjust room temperature. the front-desk staff were not particularly cordial, the kitchen staff seemed harried, both at dinner and breakfast. admittedly, it was a full house, but the hotel should be staffed to manage being "sold out" with more cordiality. there are no trays for taking food to the room - for me, that is especially important since my husband has great difficulty in the mornings walking and getting to breakfast. so it took me several "careful" trips back and forth to get breakfast. also, as we were leaving about 11am, there were still dirty dishes sitting in plastic pans in the dining area. again - maybe limited staffing. i did not find myself greeted as a loyal hilton honors member, which surprised me. the "courtyard" could use weeding, and for a non-smoking facility...someone had been smoking it up out there w/cigarette butts all over the place. it was just an "ok" stay for me. close to the airport (15 minutes).

Room Tip: be a diamond or platinum hilton honors member
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

After a military discount we only paid $77 including tax. The king bed was very comfortable but I was glad my kids are young as the pull out sleeper was barely adequate ... but then most pull outs aren't. It's best to supplement with an airbed or something else. Overall the room was more space then we needed which would have been terrific if we were staying for more than one night. Also the TV was a huge LG on a wall mount that pulled out and rotated, great for not bothering someone trying to sleep. The kitchenette was well appointed, I only wished it had some dish soap and a sponge so we wouldn't have to run the dish washer for 2 plates and a glass. Also, there were dishes left in the dishwasher and we didn't know if they had already been cleaned so we just loaded our dirty dishes in with those. We left a $5 tip for all the inconvenience (not sure if that was sufficient...). We would stay again! Room was clean and more than expected for the price. Unfortunately we slept in and missed breakfast so I can't comment on that but other reviewers seemed to enjoy it.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Summerville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I have stayed at many Homewood Suites and this one did not disappoint! We got in late and left early so we didn’t see that much of the hotel but the room was spacious with a separate bedroom with a typically comfortable king size bed. The sleeper sofa my daughter slept in seemed to be good too. The only complaint was that the recliner in the bedroom was broken and didn’t recline. The breakfast was good and filled the belly. The location of the hotel was a slight issue. We were traveling I-90 and had to get off on to I-29 and travel about 10 miles south. A little out of our way but I think it was worth it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Going with Homewood Suites is typically a pretty solid decision when it comes to hotels, but we were very happy with our stay in Sioux Falls. The hotel was clean, had the typical basic kitchenette, we got dinner and breakfast included, and everything was in working order. We had no problems with the staff. The hotel is an incredible value. We got a 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom suite (this included the kitchenette and a living room area, too) for about $100.00. You can't beat this. The two rooms are ideal for a family with kids. Each room had a TV, too. In a way, we had more room than we knew what to do with. It was great. I'd give the hotel 4.5 stars if I could.

The only reason I wouldn't give it 5 stars is because the area they served dinner and breakfast in was always crowded and the tables and chairs are really packed in there. It's a tight squeeze, especially if you've got a stroller or something like that for a baby and another kid in a high chair. Also, the drink selection is quite limited (Sprite) at dinner if you're not into alcohol or caffeine (this is the case at many Homewood Suites, and I wish they'd cater just a little bit more to those of us who may want something else to drink).

These little problems notwithstanding, we were very happy with our stay and would recommend a stay.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Fontana, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

This hotel is an excellent choice for anyone that is staying in Sioux Falls. I really liked the room and the amenities, which are standard Homewood Suites faire. The woman running the night reception was very nice. The internet was a little slow, but was typical hotel speed. They do not have the Golf Channel. They do have some HD channels though. The housekeeping didn't clean my room one day. Overall, a nice hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Casper
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

Beautiful spacious room, full kitchen, great bed, good location and a good breakfast -what more could you ask for? Oh yes, the staff was helpful and pleasant also. I have stayed in many hotels in Sioux Falls, but this is by far the best stay ever.

Room Tip: go directly to the Hilton website
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!