“Rotten staff” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #12 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Hill City, Minnesota
“Rotten staff”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

The room was not clean and the staff incredibly rude. We had a noisy room--staff didn't care. Problems with our check in--staff didn't care. Crazy people pandering for money in the parking lot--staffs response "sorry!" Rotten location, ordinary room, poor value and if I want yo be treated poorly I don't need to pay $200 for it. DO NOT STAY HERE. Moved to the Staybridge suite after 1 night.

• Stayed December 2013
AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I truly regret that you had a disappointing experience with us and that you found some of our staff members to be apathetic and unprofessional towards you. I sincerely apologize for this. I was both surprised and deeply disappointed by your recount of your experience with us. I assure you that it’s contrary to what our customers typically see from us.

Again, I sincerely apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope that next time you are in town, you give us another opportunity to provide you with the exceptional service you deserve. Thank you once again for your comments.

238 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Fargo, North Dakota, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed in this hotel on 19 Dec and it was very nice. The check-in was smooth and there are great restaurants in the area. My son went to the pool and had a great time. The breakfast was good and the staff were helpful. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Great places to eat within walking distance including Carnival Restaurant.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for your feedback we do appreciate it. So Happy you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn Sioux Falls! I will also share your comments with our team. Thanks again and do hope you comeback soon!
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I were at this hotel on 12/26/13-12/29/13. The stay was great until Saturday, 12/28/13. When we woke up, our room smelled like cigarette/marijuana smoke as if someone had been smoking in the hall way. We were on the second floor so the smoke was not coming from outside on the ground level. It became so strong that my wife and I left the room. My wife and I both have Government jobs and cannot risk any contact with marijuana smoke. When we got into the hall way, there was a hotel worker walking past and we brought this to their attention. They stated they would look into this and my wife and I left for the day.
On the night of 12/28/13 we received our early check out sheet that was pushed under our hotel room door. When looking at this, there was a $250.00 charge in addition to our room fees/charges for a “Cleaning Charge!” When the front desk attendant was asked about this, she stated it was for the cigarette/marijuana smoke in our room. We were told to speak with Tracy on Monday, 12-30-13 but there was nothing this clerk could do. When the clerk was told WE were the ones that reported the smoke AND neither of us smoke ANYTHING, she again stated she could not help us but our credit card would be charged for the fee.
Messages have been left requesting a return telephone call however none have been returned. Looking at our bank statement, this hotel did charge us the fee. We just want our hard earned money returned as we thought we were doing the right thing by bringing this to the attention of the hotel staff.
We will NEVER stay at this chain of hotels due to the way the flex their muscle, take our money and have no explanation of why WE WERE CHARGED this fee?????

Steve Sloan

Room Tip: Find a different hoetl. There are plenty in the near area to choose from.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry you are upset about the $250.00 fee for smoking in room. This hotel is a Non-Smoking hotel and always has been. Please refrain yourself from smoking anything in our hotels, Thank you.
Omaha, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

The staff here go out of the way to make sure you have everything you need. for my business trip, right down to my favorite breakfast item of blueberry muffins. I will stay at no other place when I am traveling. Being a Hilton honors member has it advantages also.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay with us. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and our Hamptonality. Hope to see you again real soon.
Watertown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was my first visit to this Hampton Inn (or any Hampton Inn). I was very pleased with my experience. The front desk staff was pleasant & friendly. The room furnishings were impressive. I have stayed at more expensive hotels and not found the room as nice as the room at this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

AMcCabe, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn Sioux Falls on your recent stay and leaving your most kind review. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay at your FIRST Hampton Inn! I will also share your comments to our team. Thank you for your business and do hope to see you in the near future.
Fargo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The Hampton Inn was a wonderful place for me and my family to stay. The rooms were very neat and held everything that we needed for our stay. The location of the hotel was perfect and the breakfast left me very satisfied! The staff did an excellent job, I would recommend staying at this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thanks for your kind review and your recommendation. We truly appreciate your business and we are glad you enjoyed your stay. Look forward to seeing you in the future.
RAPID CITY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Easy to find and near many restaurants. Bright, well lit and very clean. Room was very comfortable with an office chair and a chair to watch the flat screen tv in. Beds were very good. A typical Hampton Inn: Quality and good value for the money. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and value that your stay was wonderful and do hope you choose us again on your return to Sioux Falls.

Been to Hampton Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!