“Paper thin walls” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #10 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Phoenix, Arizona
“Paper thin walls”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

I stayed have stayed here twice. Both times I could hear load snoring through the wall. Now tonight I'm sitting in room trying to sleep and I can hear every word of the man next door's phone conversation. I will not be staying here again. Rooms are clean & fairly nice but walls are paper thin.

• Stayed March 2012

242 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Winnipeg, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2012

This is not as good as most Hampton Inns, I asked for 3rd floor got second, I asked for 2 extra pillows, they did not supply out of the past 4 Hampton Inns only one gave us extra pillows. This is a profile item I always ask for. The heat was on and no way to turn it down, I even finally turned it off as it just got to hot to sleep, but even though it was off a noisy fan kept coming on all night, we did not sleep well, we just will not stay at this hotel again, I like the Country Inn better there in Sioux Falls.

Room Tip: Make sure you not facing the freeway.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2012

I always try to find a Hampton Inn when I travel, as they are a place I can trust to be comfortable, clean and friendly, but this particular location went above and beyond.

Great beds, very clean rooms, extremely friendly people... Gilbert at the front desk went out of his way to make us comfortable and make us smile. My sister had booked and payed, so when I arrived several hours before she did, he made sure I could access our room and called to check on me after a few minutes. He had given us a room with a huge photo of cows that couldn't help but make us laugh every time we walked in :-)

What he did not know, was that this visit to Sioux Falls was for my sister and I to say our final goodbyes to a family member in hospice, and as we returned to the hotel every night during her last week of life - the friendly welcome and kindness we received from every employee we came across, well let's just say it made a difference to us.

Thank you.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

The manager, Abby, worked with us quite a lot to make sure my Grandmother's 90th birthday party was enjoyable. About 50 family members came from across the country. In addition to checking in a few times before the weekend, the staff came by a few times to greet the family. The in-room refrigerators are a good bonus, and everything else was clean and worked as it should.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Rapid City, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012 via mobile

This Hampton is perhaps a notch below the average Hampton experience, but the breakfast makes up for their slight short comings. Hot waffles, oatmeal, eggs and toast compliment the other ubiquitous breakfast offerings. The downside is that the small dining room is a direct shot from the front door and in cold weather you will freeze your butt off. Bring your jacket.

• Stayed February 2012
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed here while on a conference for 2 nights. Overall, my stay was very comfortable and the hotel itself was clean, tidy and in good condition. The room was in good shape and everything worked properly. The staff were attentive and focused. Checking in and out was done quickly and without a hitch. The complimentary breakfast was quite nice and had a good assortment of options. Just note that their airport shuttle does stop running so be prepared to order a taxi if your flight is either really early or late (as mine was). Otherwise, would definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
watertown, sd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

Beds are comfortable, air/heating unit did not work properlly, fan would not stay on, noise from the interstate traffice was very loud, breakfast area to small to accomodate hotel guests.
Room did not have a table or chairs, so we had to sit on the bed with our grandkids to eat pizza and set their drinks on the nightstand. The room did have a microwave and refrigerator. The pool and hot tub area was well maintained and clean. We did have to ask for towels for the pool area.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!