“Oh my, so good!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Fargo, ND
“Oh my, so good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My boyfriend and I visited Foleys on a Saturday night. He ordered a filet, & I had the gorgonzola portabella mushroom. His steak was tender and flavorful and my dinner was superb! We dine out a lot and this has to be one of the finest dinners we have ever had. We also ordered two desserts, the creme brulee and the crepes. Both we're equally satisfying. Additionally the service was second to none. Our waitress knew the history of the restaurant and was knowledgeable regarding the menu. We will definitely be back!

79% Recommend
Saratoga Springs, New York
“Over promised under delivered”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

Traveling from New York State cross-country staying in Sioux Falls South Dakota to spend the night we were trying to find a restaurant Friday night that would take reservations and Foleys excepted the reservation at 630. We used trip advisor to find a restaurant with good reviews.

My review will be based on our experience this evening:

The decor of the restaurant is very nice and the staff was friendly. We started out with a drink and an app. We ordered the shrimp cocktail to start and it was ok, I'd go with a 6/10 for rating. For dinner my wife ordered the "catch of the day" which was a Mahi Mahi with a blood orange vinegar reduction served with Mediterranean couscous and veggies. The fish may have been fresh but we think it was frozen, very bland and the reduction was not good. The couscous tasted like nothing, no flavor whatsoever and the veggies were steamed (possibly microwaved) with no seasoning.

For my meal I ordered another special in their menu, the pork osso bucco with an apple cider Demi glacé and chipotle mashed potatoes. The pork was ok, not really falling off the bone like osso bucco should be, I needed to use a knife. The demi wasn't reduced enough and was watery. The mashed defiantly had potato flakes added to them and we're not good!

We also ordered the "chef April's homemade Choc layer cake" for dessert. The waitress "warmed it up" for us, meaning she nuked it and that pretty much ruined it. All the Choc layers melted and the cake was, frankly, gross. Sorry Chef April, but make sure your staff doesn't nuke your cake.

All in all the drinks were great and the bread was very good! Like my title states, over promised and under delivered. If 2.5 was a rating option I would go with that, but unfortunately I can't round up this time.

Visited March 2014
Fargo, North Dakota
“Great service ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

We had Ehab as a server and he went over the top to take care of my boyfriends diet needs. Will come back for the salmon and pork chops.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Great place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

We eat here often and have never been disappointed. Their steaks are great and my wife is always happy with the fish. Best place to eat, in my opinion on the west side of Sioux Falls.

• Visited January 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Got sick after eating here!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

My fiancé and I went out for a nice evening date originally, but ended in a HORRIBLE experience! We waited 10 mins for a server to even great us, and when she finally did, she didn’t even apologize for the wait and said "can I get you guys some drinks?" If you have ever worked in the restaurant industry, you know that would be a horrible greet! First of all I'm not a guy, and second, I'm not going through the drive-through at McDonalds! The food at first was mediocre at best, and when we returned home for the evening, it made me vomit! I have never written a review like this in my life, but this place was awful!

• Visited January 2014