“Beautiful presentation” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
“Beautiful presentation”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I had to give Lams a try after having tried all the other Asian restaurants. I have to say. If you love tons of cilantro in your food this is the place for you. I will say the presentation of every dish we had was stunning. The pho was almost inedible for me. Not that it was bad by no means, I just don't like a sea of cilantro in my soup. I like to add my own cilantro to my pho but it came completely engulfed in it. The egg rolls were very grainy. We almost didn't even finish it. I was very sad at the taste of the food, But I will give them another try and see if other dishes are any better. But place is cute, clean and service was OK. Just sad because I had really high expectations on my first visit and was let totally down.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“The BEST food in SF!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Hands down, Lams has the most delectable food in all of Sioux Falls! Everything from their pork dishes to the pho, to the appetizers or the salads. Every bite is so aromatic and bursting with flavor! Although the location is a bit out of the way, the place is packed whenever we go. If you're new to vietnamese and aren't sure what to order, Lam's provides pictures and descriptions for each option which is helpful. Also, I highly recommend ordering a pot of tea ( a whole $2!) and a spring roll. If I had to choose, I'd have to say the summer salad or the spicy pho are the best things I've tried so far but it's all been wonderful. Great service, clean, and always fresh! Lam's is the best!

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Lake Benton, Minnesota
“Something different and very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

I had never had Vietnamese food before visiting Lam's. My husband and I decided to check it out. We had an appetizer platter with a variety of things on it. There were spring roll type things with great dipping sauces. Neither one of us ordered the pho, but we wish we would have since that is kind of their signature dish. We will go back for sure. The restaurant was in a odd part of town though, but we didn't have any issues.

• Visited July 2013
“Fresh and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I am a repeat diner at Lam's, mainly, because the food is delicious. But, also, the service there is always very prompt, the restaurant is clean, and the ambiance of the restaurant is pleasant. I am always puzzled why there is not more people dining there--probably because of the location. But, it is well worth the trip! The menu is not HUGE--but that is appreciated. The shorter list of options makes it so time and thought are put into each option on the menu. You really cannot go wrong. I personally love the seasonal themed rice noodle bowls.

• Visited January 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great Find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've been traveling to the Sioux Falls area for a while, and we recently found Lam's. Our group all had Pho, and everybody LOVED it. The dining area is newly remodeled and the service was excellent. We will be back, over and over and over again. Most of us had a large bowl with extra noodles, and not one of us could finish.

• Visited October 2013