“Really excellent Vietnamese food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
RV'n full-time
“Really excellent Vietnamese food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have recently developed an appreciation for Vietnamese food, thanks to Pho restaurant in our former hometown of Santa Clarita, CA. My wife found Lam's when we were passing through Sioux Falls (we're now South Dakota residents, although we RV full-time), and I'm really glad she did.

Down the street from the Morrell meat packing plant, Lam's is a clean, airy place. Our waitress was friendly, helpful and always available.

We shared the combination fried rice and beef stir-fried noodle, and they were both absolutely delicious. Fresh ingredients, well-prepared and cooked to perfection, neither greasy nor dry.... yummy!

The menu is comprehensive, and there were many selections we would like to have tried.

One of the nice parts of RV-ing full-time is always being able to try new restaurants and foods.... and one of the not-so-nice parts is having to move on and not being able to eat at the excellent places we find.... sort of a trade-off.

This is an excellent restaurant, and is on our list for our next trip through Sioux Falls.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

85% Recommend
“Good, but nothing Spectacular”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The food was good and authentic, but I wouldn't call the food amazing. The hardest part was communicating with the waiters. This is not their fault, but most of the waiters speak barely any English, so it was hard to communicate our needs. The restaurant building itself was small and not special. Overall it was average.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wichita, Kansas
“One of a few authentic Vietnamese restaurants”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised when my colleague took me to this new restaurant. Vietnamese iced coffee was much like Thai iced coffee that I was long craving for, and it really satisfied my craving. The main dish had many toppings and it was fulfilling. Would come back when in town.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Loveland, Ohio
“I Can't Wait to Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We drive through Sioux Falls every year en route to Black Hills and Wyoming parks: sometimes stopping, sometimes not. Boy! From now on we will be sure to stop and time our meals just so we can eat at Lam's. It was the best meal of our entire vacation.

We had the summer bowl (noodles, fresh veggies and salad, pork, and shrimp), a bun boa (steamed bun stuffed with pork and egg), fresh spring rolls and a vegetarian bowl. Next time I want to try the pho (it was too hot outside tonight). Everything was great! The place is immaculately clean, the staff is friendly, the prices are reasonable and the food is healthy and delicious. I live in a much larger city than Sioux Falls, with ready access to lots of Asian cuisines including Vietnamese, but this was truly the best I'd ever had.

If your idea of a great meal is Applebee's or Cracker Barrel, you may not like this. But if you like trying new things, or if you're an old hand at Vietnamese food, try this. I bet you'll be happy. I just wish I was staying two nights so I could go back tomorrow.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Spearfish, South Dakota
“If I lived here, I would be a regular.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are visiting Sioux Falls for the first time this weekend. We looked up Trip Advisor restaurants and this was ranked very high. It was delicious and the people who work at Lam's are very friendly. We were very satisfied with our choice. I had the Spicy Caramelized Chicken and rice. Hubby has Spicy Shimp and Chicken with flat noodles. We ordered Shrimp and Pork Spring Rolls for an appetizer. I didn't have anything I didn't love. Definitely a place to go!!

• Visited May 2013