“I Can't Wait to Return” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Loveland, Ohio
“I Can't Wait to Return”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

We drive through Sioux Falls every year en route to Black Hills and Wyoming parks: sometimes stopping, sometimes not. Boy! From now on we will be sure to stop and time our meals just so we can eat at Lam's. It was the best meal of our entire vacation.

We had the summer bowl (noodles, fresh veggies and salad, pork, and shrimp), a bun boa (steamed bun stuffed with pork and egg), fresh spring rolls and a vegetarian bowl. Next time I want to try the pho (it was too hot outside tonight). Everything was great! The place is immaculately clean, the staff is friendly, the prices are reasonable and the food is healthy and delicious. I live in a much larger city than Sioux Falls, with ready access to lots of Asian cuisines including Vietnamese, but this was truly the best I'd ever had.

If your idea of a great meal is Applebee's or Cracker Barrel, you may not like this. But if you like trying new things, or if you're an old hand at Vietnamese food, try this. I bet you'll be happy. I just wish I was staying two nights so I could go back tomorrow.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Spearfish, South Dakota
“If I lived here, I would be a regular.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are visiting Sioux Falls for the first time this weekend. We looked up Trip Advisor restaurants and this was ranked very high. It was delicious and the people who work at Lam's are very friendly. We were very satisfied with our choice. I had the Spicy Caramelized Chicken and rice. Hubby has Spicy Shimp and Chicken with flat noodles. We ordered Shrimp and Pork Spring Rolls for an appetizer. I didn't have anything I didn't love. Definitely a place to go!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seattle, Washington
“Quality Vietnamese in Sioux Falls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

We were surprised to find such an establishment in Sioux Falls. We ordered the shrimp spring rolls, veggie spring bowl (aka bun) and special combo banh mi. The spring rolls were good, but the peanut dipping sauce was a bit thin. The veggie spring bowl/bun was delicious and spot on! The special combos were good sandwiches and the flavor was great. We loved the pepper kick. Some Americans might be put off by the authentic cut of the meat/ham - so be warned.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, SD
“Great Restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have eaten at this restaurant four times since first being introduced to it by a friend four months ago. The service and food are very good. Everything I have had has been super fresh, full of flavor, and nicely presented. The service is helpful and very friendly. Vegetarian dishes available. The buns and spring rolls are soooo good. Enjoy!

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Very good food, reasonable prices, very clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We live in Sioux Falls and have eaten at Lam's about 4 times. Very good food, very clean restaurant, and the staff and owner are personable and make an effort to welcome you to their restaurant. Great pick for some casual dining.

• Visited April 2013