“Enjoy my stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Victorian Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sioux Falls
Victorian Bed and Breakfast
You added Victorian Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
117 N Duluth Ave, Sioux Falls, SD 57104   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Sioux Falls B&B and Inns
Washington DC
“Enjoy my stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

This is a beautiful house and fun place to stay. I spent 2 nights in the Julie Ann Chambers room. It would have been helpful to have a check-in time, I arrived at 3 pm on check-in day and the room was still being prepped. The location is great, an easy walk to downtown Sioux Falls which is a hip and happening place these days. I am amused by the reviewer who indicated it's not the best part of time due to the county jail, which is downtown and in my opinion shouldn't make anyone give staying at the Victorian B & B. I did not eat the big breakfast but sat with others who did and it looked great. The "continental" breakfast has a lot to choose from, I really appreciated the availability of nutrition bars that I could just grab and go. Things to know, it's an old place with a great history (Nicole is very knowledgeable) so it's creaky and if you don't sleep deeply that may bother you. And the rooms aren't serviced daily. And in JAC, there's no dresser so if you stay awhile, you have to live out of suitcases. But I definitely recommend this beautiful home and the hospitality provide. My only regret is that I didn't have time to sit with a glass of wine on the gorgeous porch.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Nicole was wonderful. She did everything she could to make our stay the best. The house located in the historic district (which is not the best part of town since its close to the detention center). But over all our stay was great.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We stayed two nights. The property is in the historic district and very easy access to downtown and any sights in the city. Neat house next to the Pettigrew House museum. Easy parking on the street right in front. Nicole is a wonderful innkeeper. We did continental breakfasts both days, enough to get us started for the day, not huge. Stayed in Julie Ann Chambers room which was OK, lacking a closet.

Room Tip: Would recommend the Gwendolyn June room, it looks like it is larger with a closet and nice views to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I arrived late in the day and didn't think I could afford to stay here. As there were no other guests, the owner/manager cut me an amazing break and I stayed at 50% off the regular rate. I had a beautiful room, spacious and well furnished. A large bathroom as well. A mini fridge was also in the room which was very handy and I was able to use the fridge in the main kitchen to keep my ice packs cold for the next days' travel. Terrific place and yes, I'd stay here again! Close to the falls, which are WELL worth the trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
St Louis MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

My first stay here won't be the last. The house is in a wonderfully maintained historic district, and is immaculately restored and maintained. I travel for business and always try to find the perfect B & B in the area; I have successfully done so with The Victorian.

Room Tip: All three rooms look wonderful
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

Ditto on all the other positive reviews. Felt like home but with none of the work! Comfortable, friendly, beautiful furnishings, quiet and close enough to walk downtown. Good breakfast, wonderful conversation and a porch swing!

Room Tip: Gwendolyn room has a private shower.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I was in Sioux Falls for business and stayed at the Victorian B&B for two nights. It's just lovely! The decor is elegant and everything is well kept and clean. It's just a few blocks from all the shopping and restaurants downtown. The breakfast was fantastic (especially the hash browns with cheese and bacon!). And best of all, the owner/manager, Nicole, is a wonderful person who really cares about creating a welcoming and beautiful environment. I'll be staying here again when I'm back in Sioux Falls.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business