“A fun setting with delicious enchaladas” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #32 of 334 Restaurants in Sioux Falls
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
“A fun setting with delicious enchaladas”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We visit Sioux Falls a couple times a year and always try to include a stop at Mama's Ladas. Its small size, exposed brick walls and limited menu are part of the charm. But that wouldn't matter if the food and sevice weren't good... but they are. This time we stopped for a late lunch on Saturday. We found a table right away, and enjoyed among the four of us the chicken and beef enchaladas, plus the new chicken nachos.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Columbia, MD
“Enjoyable meal and ambiance”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

They had us at enchiladas. Which is good because 3 kinds of enchiladas is all they have on their menu! They actually do have a couple of other items, including chips, salsa,and guacamole, but enchiladas are their claim to fame (hence the name). We tried one each of the beef, chicken and broccoli/ricotta, and all were delicious. The guacamole and salsa were very good, too. The salsa was a little unusual, having olives as an ingredient, but tasty. We got the minimalist menu, but still think they should add black or pinto beans to make it feel more like a meal. Enjoyed the fun decor, with the brick walls and colored lights hung from the ceiling, and the funky flair. The basket of mini candy bars offered at the end for dessert was a nice touch, too. Only thing that wasn't so great was the service. Not that the waitress wasn't professional. She was good, but kind of, well, "brisk" and lacking warmth. We kind of felt rushed. We were the last customers in the restaurant, and we left a half hour before their closing time, but maybe they were trying to close up early.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Not feeling it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

I like the simplistic approach of the menu. One of my favorite places to eat only serves tacos.
Two with chips (no salsa) $12 bucks, I felt it was a a little expensive for what it was.
The Resturant is cozy and the service was excellent.
Not a secret melt in your mouth kind of felling.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“An experience you should try at least once”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My husband and I had been hearing such good things about this place and thought we have to give it a try. It's definitely a quaint little hole in the wall. Luckily we went when it was off hours, thanks to someone's recommendation... very, very and I mean very limited seating. So if it's busy, expect to wait.

We ordered the Tostada Crisp ($3.25) it had tons of cheese on it... if your lactose intolerant you may want to pass on this one, but still it was pretty tasty never the less. For our entrée we each ordered a half size enchilada, one chicken the other beef ($6 ea.), we both thought the chicken was better.

For the full experience make sure you take a trip to the restroom. My husband had gone first to wash his hands and when he came back told me that I needed to go... I won't ruin it for you by telling you why, but it defiantly will give you something to talk about.

If were downtown and need to catch a casual meal we might go again, but it won't be the first on my list for Mexican in Sioux Falls.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Midwest favorite”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Such unique guacamole because they add a few olives...yum!! Enjoyed a spicier option but nice to have a mild option, too as I took my senior citizen mother. Such a nice touch to bring a basket of chocolate candies to your table as a parting gift !!

• Visited June 2013