“Spacious Family Suite” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Sioux Falls

Save Saved
You added Super 8 Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Super 8 Sioux Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1508 W Russell St, Sioux Falls, SD 57104 (Formerly Knights Inn Sioux Falls)   |
Ranked #42 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
Oshkosh, Wisconsin, United States
“Spacious Family Suite”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed in the Super 8 in Sioux Falls for only one night on our trip out west. Looking for a room that would accommodate seven, this hotel delivered nicely. The family suite featured two rooms that branched off the main living space, both with doors. Although we didn't make use of it there was a full kitchen. The beds were decent, with the exception being the pullout sofa which felt more of springs than cushion. A downside was that there was no pool. The breakfast was average, nothing too spectacular but there was a waffle maker and toaster. The exercise room was very nice, featuring a spacious layout and a few different types of machines for an assortment of workouts, but the TV was a little too small.

Room Tip: There is only one family suite so book ahead if your interested in staying in it.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

74 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Green Valley
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

The owners seem to be really trying to make this a decent accommodation. The room was clean and had a nice TV and refrigerator, and it really served our purpose of getting a good night's sleep for a decent price, while including our small dog, during our journey westward. The building does not look that inviting especially with all the road work going on. The lobby could use a little redecorating. There is also a tabacco smell in the 'no smoking' area of the building. The breakfast is very basic. But for the price this hotel is okay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Des Moines, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I've stayed in other Super 8's but this particular one gives the chain a bad name. Very strange smell and very uncomfortable strange feeling overall. Location made me feel as if I had to keep an eye on the car. Our family ended up opting for breakfast elsewhere as we didn't have confidence in what very little was offered. Not clean! Strange activity on a lower level room with curtains and blinds half torn from window and a bunch of what seemed unattended children were jumping all around and could be heard outside. Thank goodness this was a quick stop on getting started with our vacation. There is very little offered in this area and that was how we ended up at this one to rest our heads a bit before hitting the road again, but I wouldn't recommend it even for that!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bartlesville
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I planned a vacation for South Dakota, starting in Sioux Falls, SD. We've never stayed in a Super 8 before. Given the limited number of hotels in some of the towns of SD, we chose to book all our stays in Super 8 hotels. Our first stop was Sioux Falls, SD at the Super 8 at 1508 W. Russell Street. We reserved two rooms and split the cost as well. I reserved the rooms using one debit card, but paid for our room using a different debit card. When I presented my card, the lady ran it through the credit card machine and had me sign the slip. She asked me numerous times for my zip code and finally the expression on her young daughter's face told me she had my information. I asked and the daughter said "yes, it's there". After paying for our room, my sister in law used a credit card to pay for the second room. The lady at the desk told me I would need to "come back down with my debit card so she could put my number in their computer". I asked why this was necessary as she had already ran my card and I signed for it. She said in order to "post to the account" she would need to put my debit card in the computer. She picked up the phone and spoke with someone in her native language (middle eastern nationality) and then proceeded to say she would call me later and have me come to the desk with my card. If this was the case, why didn't she need my sister in law's card as well? Seemed very questionable to the point that I called the bank to check my account the next morning. We stayed in 3 other hotels that week and was never asked for my card number again. I warn you to pay with cash if you visit this hotel. Very basic room, no elevator. The breakfast consisted of toast, cereal and yogurt.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Super8I90, Manager at Super 8 Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

Sorry about the inconveniance of your credit card issue. The new softweare provided by super8, We have to have correct number in the computer. Some guests are making reseravation with different card than they give us for charge. We have to enter that data in the computer as well. If we don't enter the changed credit card number, it will not balance. On thop of that we can help guest out in future regarding this transction. I hope you undesand why we are entring correct data in computer. The other 3 hotels never ask for credit card because they might using coputer for charges. We are using stand alone terminal. So we have to swipe the card on Crecit card terminal for collection and we have to swipe or punch the number in computer just for data entry.
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had great interactions with the Laura at the front desk and with the owner of this Super 8. I have undergone huge renovations since changing owners and the rooms are clean and equipped with everything you would expect from a standard hotel room. I bought my hotel room online with only a smoking option and was even offered a non-smoking room!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experiance of your stay at our property. We will see you on your next visit of Sioux Falls.

Been to Super 8 Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!