“Excellent hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Double Points!
Ranked #10 of 52 Hotels in Sioux Falls
“Excellent hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

This is a fabulous hotel. Rooms are spacious and clean and the bathrooms are stocked with Neutrogena products! (love it). The best thing about this hotel woudl be the beds! Love them. Very comfortable and that is key as a traveler. I do think that the breakfast they offer should be included in the price of the room. Overall a great hotel!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Madison
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2010

As always, new Garden Inns are nice. Alway the same everywhere, you know what to expect, etc. :)

I sure wish they had better smelling soaps, and shampoo...like the Shine Products with Sheratons.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel is very nice, new and clean. The staff were all very friendly. The corridors were very cold, but our room had its own thermostat, so we were fine. We had dinner in the diningroom. The 'meatball' meal was very good. 2 huge homemade meatballs and very good marinara sauce. The waitress was very nice and attentive.
The room was spacious. With microwave, coffeemaker and fridge. The fridge was small and had one of those tiny freezer compartments. We didn't have enough room to refreeze our freezer packs for the cooler, but the beverages fit, so we survived.
The hottub is nice, but the pool is really small, and dipped down to 5' deep. Not a lot of room for kids to play, but it was a good temperature and the towels were plentiful
I'm sure it would be nice for a wedding group or gathering, because it is very clean, feels 'expensive'. But the 'kids' would be disappointed with the pool. The location is good right next to the highway, but still very quiet.

Elwood, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is clearly a newer hotel in the area, kind of away from the center of town but not so much that you're far from restaurants and shopping. They also had one of the friendliest staffs we encountered on our trip. The place in clean, nicely decorated and the rooms are OK. However even though an insert with our key raved about their beds, to me it was the worst, most uncomfortable bed I've slept in. My bed forgot to comform to my body and it felt as though I was sleeping on a rock with some of the mushiest pillows we've encountered. Hilton, I really dislike your beds

• 1 of 5 stars
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2010

Walking into this hotel was an experience. The entryway was large, comfortable seating area with fireplace. The check-in process was easy and the staff were extremely nice, friendly and helpful.
We arrived to our room and were blown away with how exclusive it looked and felt. The TV was probably a 32 inch flat screen with HD. Boy did I feel spoiled. I walked into the bathroom and was met with gorgeous granite!
We had dinner at the restaurant and it was far superior to eating at any restaurant. And the prices were very affordable.

Attempting to go to sleep on the bed the hotel called an amenity due to its technology proved to be difficult. I finally got up to see if there were instructions on the bed. None. I did jump online and found out there were dials on the each side of the bed. We all adjusted to our desired comfort and eventually got to sleep. The next morning everyone had terrible backaches and I really thought I'd be seeing my chiropractor this week. While everything was fantastic we will unfortunately never stay at a Hilton Garden Inn again because of the beds. If they changed to regular mattresses we'd definitely stay!

• 1 of 5 stars
South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2010

When the person who checks you at night is the same person who checks you out in the morning, you know it was a really quick stay.

It's hard to judge a property on a six hour stay except to say it feels and smells fresh and inviting like a wonderful new property should do. It's pretty much a clone of most HGI properties but, in my book, that's a positive.

If you've enjoyed a Hilton Garden Inn elsewhere you'll probably like this property too.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Sioux City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2010

I checked into the Hilton Garden Inn on April 23rd. I had asked for a King Room and had been guaranteed a King but was given a double Queen which was a surprise. I had requested the top floor but because my room was next to the elevator on the top floor, I was moved to the 3rd floor. I could hear thumping and loud noices when someone walked above....that was a definate minus. One could also hear a lot of hall noice as this hotel is not very sound proof. On the positive side, the staff was friendly; the room was very clean and well appointed; I was given the side of the hotel that did not face the 229 By Pass which meant I would not hear the sound of the highway and that was good. The price was very reasonable and there was not a special city hotel tax to be added so there was very little tax. Adequate parking with no charge. The checkout was fast as your bill was placed under the door at six a.m. and you just called the desk to confirm it was correct and you could leave your keys in the room. Overall, I felt it was very good.....and I could consider staying here again due to the low weekend rate...but I may look around at the Hilton Homewood Suites which are also nearby. This hotel is very handy if you are on the 229 ByPass . This hotel does have nice , small swimming pool , jacquizi , and exercise room on the first floor with rooms on that particular wing if a person is interested. There seemed to be a lot of young families staying there. Breakfast is available but not complimentary.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business