“Loved the Suite” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“Loved the Suite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My fiance and I stayed in the Presidential Suite at the Hilton Garden Inn in Sioux Falls and had a wonderful experience. The spacious suite had very high end finishes, a fantastic bed, and all the amenities you could ask for. The staff was friendly and accommodating, both at check in and with our special requests. The food and service at the hotel bar in the evening and at the morning break were excellent. We had no complaints about our entire stay- everything you would expect from a Hilton.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Jolene K,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in our Presidential Suite. This suite is one of the most opulent rooms in Sioux Falls, so it is definitely a must see. Our staff takes pride in the service they deliver, from the front desk to the restaurant, so we are happy that you received courteous service in all areas. We look forward to having you as our guest again the next time you choose to get away right here in Sioux Falls.

Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Effingham, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

Very clean, new hotel. Nice location. Walked to a very good Italian restaurant just a couple blocks away. Great place to stay on a long road trip through this area. Bar tender allowed us to borrow wine glasses for a toast in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear myheartdec,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South during your recent trip across South Dakota. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall and enjoyed your meal at Spezia. We are extra pleased that you found our hotel clean and the staff was accommodating to your needs. We hope the remainder of your trip went just as well.

Le Mars, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were coming to the Sioux Falls area to attend LifeLight and thought we'd try finding a hotel with Sleep Number Beds or at least more comfy ones than are at a normal hotel. We called the Hilton Garden Inn and they said they had special beds you could adjust. So we accepted the bigger expense to get these adjustable beds. Sadly, the beds were hard as a rock with a raised lump in the middle that made you feel like you were going to fall off the sides. The adjuster did nothing. I personally slept on a roll away our second night and it was WAY more comfortable than the special beds. Another thing to consider is that this hotel is a local hotspot for wedding receptions in the attached convention center. We had two wedding parties during our stay and each party took over the lobby and the parking lot like they owned the place. They were out in the lot drinking and smoking and carrying on and the kids were running around the hotel and playing in the elevators. So unless you are looking for a place for a wedding reception I'd save yourself the extra money and stay just about anywhere else. It is not worth the extra expense.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Connie H,

Thank you for your detailed feedback about your stay with us this Labor Day weekend. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some issues with your room and how busy the hotel was. The Garden Sleep System bed is a standard of Hilton Garden Inn and has been met with overwhelming positive feedback. The all foam mattress can be adjusted from firm to soft. If the bed is on the soft setting, the air baffles deflate leaving the foam layers for support. Since there are no springs in the mattress, it does not have the same bounce as a standard mattress, but rather conforms to the sleeper's body gradually.

You are correct that our hotel is a popular venue for weddings. On the dates of your stay, our hotel was sold out with weddings and also multiple large events in town. In order to keep noise away from rooms so as not to disrupt sleeping guests, our security ushered large groups away from guest rooms and to our lobby and patio. We feel that with the great number of guests in our hotel during those nights, this was the best option. Our security saw to it that the overall noise level of the groups did not get out of control.

Prices for guest rooms on weekends at our hotel are very competitive with like-quality hotels in Sioux Falls. We invite you to check prices and availability for future weekends as during the fall and winter we offer great rates!

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have the chance to accommodate you again.

Hastings, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed in the Sioux Falls Hilton Garden Inn with family and friends during a wedding weekend. The rooms were clean and the staff were very good to us. The hotel has an expansive lobby area and we were allowed to celebrate together after the reception which was great! I hope we will be able to come back and enjoy the comforts of the Hilton Garden Inn again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Cheryl B,

The staff of the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South was glad to have the chance to serve you during your recent visit for a wedding reception. We are glad that you enjoyed our accommodations and service and were able to spend time with family in our lobby pavilion. This pavilion is the perfect place to socialize and relax. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to leave feedback about your stay and look forward to serving you again soon.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off- very nice hotel. I stay at alot of HGI and this was on par with the others. Stayed in and had dinner at the bar. Steak was actually cooked to the right temp! Only downside to the location is that you do have to walk a ways to get to any other restaurants, or take your car. I was just lazy and opted to stay in.
I did get a post card in the mail from them the other day thanking me for staying- handwritten, not a form letter. Thats gotta be a first- getting a thank you note from a hotel where I had zero problems.
Next time I'm in town, I'll be back!

Room Tip: The freeway noise was tolerable. I didnt need earplugs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear tonyj0424,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn South during your recent visit to Sioux Falls. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great steak from our restaurant. Since we appreciate each and every guest that stays with us, we like to send thank you cards from our staff on a regular basis. We are glad that you received one and look forward to accommodating you again during your next visit to Sioux Falls.

Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

When traveling across the USA, this hotel will be a great stopping point for a good night's rest. It is typical Hilton Garden Inn property and so you can expect an excellent value, especially if you have a breakfast coupon. And if you have points to use, this hotel will be a great place to use them.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Scott P,

Thank you for being a loyal HHonors member and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South during your recent trip through South Dakota. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our facility and the perks of being a frequent guest. We look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This is an almost great facility. Unlike some of the other reviews I have read, I found the staff to be knowledgeable and pleasant. The grounds were immaculate and the facilities were clean. While staying here, there was a large storm, which tossed patio furniture around the facility. When I awoke four hours later, I noticed everything straightened out. One of the nights I stayed, the hotel was completely booked. It did not seem to put a strain on the staff.
I had only two issues, one stemming from the newness of the facility the other from the need for further training. Neither the GPS on my rental car nor my iPhone could find the place. This will cure itself as corrections are made. The second issue has to do with food service. All the food I had was as good or better than I would have had at any of the chains. The issue was with room service. The first night took over an hour to receive. The deliverer said since it took so long, she spoke to the manager and provided the meal gratis. VERY good - making a positive out of a negative. I gave the hostess a good tip. The second night, I ordered in. The meal was on time but when I turned to the tray to find no napkin and no fork. I don't need a fork for a hamburger but I do for cake.
I would not hesitate to reserve a room here again. It is well worth the money, convenient, and good staff. The rest is minor if remedied in the near future. I wanted to give it 5 dots but that wouldn't be quite fair to those businesses that deserve that rating because of flawless service. But hey, my staff would probably only give me 3 dots for the orderliness of my office.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Patrick N,

Thank you for the extensive review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us and other travelers. We are very glad that your stay was pleasant overall. I apologize that you experienced a couple hiccups when you ordered room service from our restaurant, but am glad that our staff recognized the delay and took care of it for you immediately. I hope that you were still able to enjoy our chef's great meals.

I am not sure why our hotel would not show up in your GPS yet since we have been in business for 4 years. We did recently update our name to include the word "South." It is possible this affected searches for our property since GPS systems take a little time to update.

Again, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again.

Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South? Share your experiences!