“Service After the Sale?” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 25%!
Ranked #5 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Service After the Sale?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

First off- very nice hotel. I stay at alot of HGI and this was on par with the others. Stayed in and had dinner at the bar. Steak was actually cooked to the right temp! Only downside to the location is that you do have to walk a ways to get to any other restaurants, or take your car. I was just lazy and opted to stay in.
I did get a post card in the mail from them the other day thanking me for staying- handwritten, not a form letter. Thats gotta be a first- getting a thank you note from a hotel where I had zero problems.
Next time I'm in town, I'll be back!

Room Tip: The freeway noise was tolerable. I didnt need earplugs.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Dear tonyj0424,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn South during your recent visit to Sioux Falls. We are excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay and had a great steak from our restaurant. Since we appreciate each and every guest that stays with us, we like to send thank you cards from our staff on a regular basis. We are glad that you received one and look forward to accommodating you again during your next visit to Sioux Falls.

Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chicago, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

When traveling across the USA, this hotel will be a great stopping point for a good night's rest. It is typical Hilton Garden Inn property and so you can expect an excellent value, especially if you have a breakfast coupon. And if you have points to use, this hotel will be a great place to use them.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Scott P,

Thank you for being a loyal HHonors member and for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South during your recent trip through South Dakota. We are glad that you were able to enjoy our facility and the perks of being a frequent guest. We look forward to continuing to serve you in the future.

San Jose, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This is an almost great facility. Unlike some of the other reviews I have read, I found the staff to be knowledgeable and pleasant. The grounds were immaculate and the facilities were clean. While staying here, there was a large storm, which tossed patio furniture around the facility. When I awoke four hours later, I noticed everything straightened out. One of the nights I stayed, the hotel was completely booked. It did not seem to put a strain on the staff.
I had only two issues, one stemming from the newness of the facility the other from the need for further training. Neither the GPS on my rental car nor my iPhone could find the place. This will cure itself as corrections are made. The second issue has to do with food service. All the food I had was as good or better than I would have had at any of the chains. The issue was with room service. The first night took over an hour to receive. The deliverer said since it took so long, she spoke to the manager and provided the meal gratis. VERY good - making a positive out of a negative. I gave the hostess a good tip. The second night, I ordered in. The meal was on time but when I turned to the tray to find no napkin and no fork. I don't need a fork for a hamburger but I do for cake.
I would not hesitate to reserve a room here again. It is well worth the money, convenient, and good staff. The rest is minor if remedied in the near future. I wanted to give it 5 dots but that wouldn't be quite fair to those businesses that deserve that rating because of flawless service. But hey, my staff would probably only give me 3 dots for the orderliness of my office.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Patrick N,

Thank you for the extensive review about your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South. We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us and other travelers. We are very glad that your stay was pleasant overall. I apologize that you experienced a couple hiccups when you ordered room service from our restaurant, but am glad that our staff recognized the delay and took care of it for you immediately. I hope that you were still able to enjoy our chef's great meals.

I am not sure why our hotel would not show up in your GPS yet since we have been in business for 4 years. We did recently update our name to include the word "South." It is possible this affected searches for our property since GPS systems take a little time to update.

Again, we are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you as our guest again.

La Quinta, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Avoid this hotel like the plague. I travel 200 nights a year and my administrative assistant does not make mistakes in reservations. This hotel claimed they had received a reservation for two queens and refused to change it to a king. They argued with me about the credit card on file for all charges insisting on another one "for incidentals" Then when my colleague who is the highest level in Hilton came to my aid (I am a lowly silver) they changed the room but insisted on putting it in her name. They did not inform me of the name change and then the internet would not work. Finally after I made a scene a manager converted the room to my name and restored my points and internet. This process took 45 minutes of effort after a 12 hour day of stressful work. To make matters worse the bed was lumpy and the pillows like foam rubber rocks. I am so angry I am boycotting all Hiltons!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Steven W,

I apologize that you experienced issues during your check in process at our hotel. I would really like to obtain more information from you so that I can research what may have happened and make it right with you. I was unable to find a reservation matching your first name and last initial from the last three months or by asking each front desk agent if they recall this occurring. If you could provide me with your full name, date of stay, or HHonors number I can pull up your reservation record. I have sent a message to you with my contact information. Our hotel has a long track record of providing exceptional customer service and I would like to find out why this wasn't received during your stay. We do have certain policies in place and if any of these applied to your reservation I could explain them in further detail with you.

I look forward to hearing from you so that we can resolve this issue. Our number one priority is to always provide a comfortable stay and the friendly service that many other TripAdvisor guests at our hotel have had.

Mitchell, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great stay. Employees were very friendly and helpful. The hotel was very quiet which was great for a good nights sleep. The room was very clean. And best of all the kids had a blast in the pool!! Also love that this hotel is close to everything that I need in Sioux Falls! Will stay again!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Hmaladybug,

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South. We are delighted that you enjoyed your overnight stay and received friendly service and a clean and comfortable guest room. These attributes are the cornerstone of the hospitality we provide. We look forward to having the chance to serve you should your travels lead to Sioux Falls again.

Lowell, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

This hotel is close to everything! Very friendly staff. Breakfast was great, but cost extra. We stayed in the junior suite which was very nice! Kids really enjoyed having a pool. Not sure I liked the over look from the fitness area. I would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HiltonSFSD, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Jeffrey B,

Your review of your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South is much appreciated. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our great location, friendly service, and amenities such as the fresh-cooked breakfast. These are all areas of great importance to travelers today. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future so we can continue to make you feel right at home when you're on the road.

Grand Forks AFB, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

The hotel common areas were clean but our room smelled horrible and the shower was oddly situated. Not well planned bathroom layout. We have stayed at other Hiltons in multiple locations and I have never had this issue. It also seemed odd that they gave us two free tickets to the bar rather than an option to have breakfast or a discounted breakfast. It was late and we needed to leave early so the tickets were a waste.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jessica S,

Thank you for being a recent guest of our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your room had an odor. I visited that particular guest room as soon as I received your feedback and was not able to detect a scent, so hopefully this was an anomaly. Should a situation like this ever arise, do not hesitate to contact our guest services so that we can make it right immediately. We have staff available 24 hours per day and would have been more than happy to obtain another guest room for you in this case. As evidenced by our overall cleanliness scores, we do put much focus on providing clean rooms that our guests can feel comfortable in and providing attentive service. We hope that we have the chance to accommodate you again in the future as we do have much to offer.

Bryan Ahlers

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Sioux Falls South? Share your experiences!