“Great inexpensive hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Minnesota
“Great inexpensive hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2010

Was in town for a job interview and found this hotel in a travel guide from a truck stop. It was a last minute decision to spend the night. With coupon from the travel guide, it was about 45 bucks for the night.
It is kind of off the side of a main road, you don't see it unless you've got directions to the place. Nothing special on the outside. Ample parking. Judging by the cars in the lot, there were only a few people staying here that night. Inside, it is very clean! I was expecting bad, because of the price, but wow! Very clean! Front desk staff was very nice and gladly answered questions I had about the area. Check-in was quick and painless.
The room itself was smaller, but again, very clean. Carpets looked to be newer.. wasn't afraid to walk barefoot on them. Soaps, towels, ice bucket and plastic cups were provided, but there was no fridge or microwave in the room. Would have been nice to have a little fridge, but not a deal-killer.
Room has ample lighting, high speed net, nice desk and chair, newer-looking dresser. My room was right next to the interstate and it was very quiet with the window closed.

Overall - Great value for the price! Very simple, very clean rooms. Will definitely stay here again if the chance arises.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor survey. We are happy to hear that you had a nice stay. We strive to make our rooms clean, quiet, and comfortable, at an affordable price. It is nice to hear that our staff was helpful and available to answer your questions. I also would like you to know, we do have rooms available with microwave and fridge should you return. I want to thank you again for your comments and it is was a pleasure having you stay with us. We hope we see you again soon. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

My husband and I travel for long periods of time. We usually spend the whole summer away for work. It is really easy to become homesick! The people at this hotel were so sweet and welcoming that I found it really difficult to say goodbye. Our stay at the hotel was on and off for a 3 month period traveling between South Dakota and Wisconsin. If given the choice we always chose to stay at the South Dakota side of our trip because that is where we felt so much at home. The staff went above and beyond to meet our needs and were always there to guide us along the way. I look forward to a return trip to see our new found "family". It was also always clean and very nice as far as the rooms were concerned. The housekeepers were always there to make sure you had everything that was needed while respecting your privacy and still maintaining a clean room. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling to the South Dakota area, you would not be disappointed and what a value!

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 4, 2010
Thank you so much for your review. It is always exciting to hear positive guest comments and it is equally exciting to know that you felt at home at the Sioux Falls Red Roof. We try very hard to make our guests feel welcome. It is nice to hear that our staff took great care of you and the rooms where to your liking. We strive to make a guests stay comfortable and it appears we met our goal. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
des moines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2010

Second time we've stayed here and happy both times. Right next door is a casino which is really a bar with machines. But they don't make any noise and the bar has good food and friendly people. We were there on a Friday night and had a nice time watching a baseball game and having sandwiches. I am a card carrying memeber of the United Transportation Union so our room was under $60.00.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review to Tripadvisor. Thank you for the nice compliments. We enjoy hearing that your both your stays where enjoyable. The staff at the Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls works hard to provide clean rooms and a comfortable stay. Our staff also strives to make our guests feel welcome and appreciated. I want to thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls and we hope you return to see us again in the future. Thank you.
Glendive, Montana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2010

We were very pleased with everything this establishment had to offer! The staff was pleasant, the room was clean, quiet and recently updated. What a great value also! We will definately stay in this motel in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Thank you for you gracious and kind words. We are excited to see that your stay was as you had hoped. Our staff works hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms, and a friendly environment. We appreciate your comments, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We hope your travels continue to be safe and enjoyable. Thank you again for choosing the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls.
Eyota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I really enjoyed the stay at Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls, SD. I was there just one night on a golf trip but the staff was very fun to interact with and the room was spotless. If you are in the Sioux Falls area this is a very economical and wise choice for a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor and thank you for your kind words. At the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls we are committed to providing clean, comfortable rooms and great guest service. I am excited and grateful to see that we provided you with the service you expected and the accommodations you deserve. We appreciate your feedback and hope your travel experiences are enjoyable and fun.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2010

When we got to the motel it smelled and just felt VERY damp. The rug felt damp, the bedding felt damp. I should have walked out then ! There was more than dampness and smell......but, I'll just go to the "last surprise" ....imagine wanting to take a simple shower and finding the bath tub looking like someone washed a dirty area rug out in the tub and then didn't clean the tub after they were done.......the DIRT on the bottom of the tub where you would stand was enough to make me just about run out of the hotel - making sure of course, there weren't any "cooties" following me !!! Upon checking out, I spoke to the young gentleman at the desk about the issues and his response was "ok, thank you!" as if it was of no concern to him.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
KyleJohnson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 24, 2010
I apologize that the guest had these concerns with there stay. I wish they would have brought this to my attention,right away. Although, It has been a hot and humid summer, I have not ran across the issue of dampness, but if there where these issues, I would have happily moved the guest, replaced an air conditioner, or did whatever would be neccessary to resolve the issue and make the guest happy. If you've read other reviews we have a solid reputation for having a clean property. I am suprised and would be equally disappointed if a tub was left in the condition described. My head housekeeper takes great pride in her rooms, my housekeeping staff cares about the quality of their work, and I personally check rooms on a regular basis. I speak for my entire staff when I say we are truly sorry if there was tub left dirty. Again, I wish the guest would have shown this to us right away so we could have resolved the issue to their satisfaction. I sincerely care about the comfort of my guest and it is my desire that my guests leave with a great experience. I am truly sorry if this guest left with an unfavorable impression and if they wish to contact me I would personally apologize and see what I could do to earn their business back.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

The room was clean, The staff was very friendly. The hotel smelled like smoke. The employees would smoke and come back inside with their smoke on their bodies and take care of you. There appeared to be animal feces daily on the stairs on the way to the 2nd floor. The lady cleaned it up at least once, but it was nasty on a daily basis. My reservations through a third party requested a room with a refrigerator and a microwave. They acted as if they did not know that even though I received the copy of the email from the third pary. The people in the city are nice. Falls parks is beautiful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
KyleJohnson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, July 29, 2010
I want to thank the guest for his comments. All comments good and bad are appreciated as they help us better serve all our guests. I work very diligently to provide a positive guest experience and I take all feedback very seriously. When the guest booked his room online he booked a standard queen non-smoking room with no microwave or refrigerator. The guest or his agent could have booked a room online with microwave and refrigerator as they were available (there would be no need then to request one). It is true that a request for a microwave and refrigerator was made, this is why we upgraded the guest to a deluxe room at no additional charge. The desk clerk was happy to accommodate the guest. In relation to issues with pet feces. I truly am not aware of this ever happening. If for some reason it did I am sorry. I am very sure it didn't happen on a daily basis. We did have construction workers staying with us when this guest was here and would see mud from time to time on the stairs, but this was cleaned immediately. I am sorry that the guest felt the building smelled of smoke. We understand the importance of first impressions, as they are lasting ones. We are dedicated to providing a comfortable stay in a clean room. That includes our hallways, breakfast area, parking lot and lobby. I have not experienced the problem the guest has spoke of, but if there was an issue during the guest stay I am sorry. I do encourage the guest to relay their concerns to myself or my staff. We can correct a problem we are aware of and we will. It is my hope that I can correct any problems before a guest leaves unhappy. I have been in contact with the guest and it is my hope that I can resolve the guests concerns to their satisfaction.

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!