“Our second stay was as good as the first” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Our second stay was as good as the first”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

Our second stay in past eight months. Simple basic motel in a very, very convenient location just off the I-29 freeway and 41st. The facilities were in good condition and clean. Although our room was facing the freeway it was quiet enough for sleep. Good bed. Every staff person we saw was friendly. The breakfast is minimal-Belgian waffle, cold cereal, oat meal, small muffins and breakfast rolls, coffee and juice typical of this price range. Free WiFi worked for us.

Room Tip: Our room was in the east side facing the freeway but was still quiet enough for us.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Robert B,

Glad to hear that your a returning guest, and we hope you continue to stay loyal to us. With our easily accessible location right off I-29 we are able to provide quick access to shopping, dinning, and entertainment in Sioux Falls growing night life. During your next visit with us please make sure you try our biscuits and gravy, we thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Waukee, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

This hotel is old but has been recently remodeled. No frills room but it is clean and well kept. The staff is courteous and prompt with service. Hot breakfast every morning. The rates are reasonable and the location is excellent. Easy access to restaurants and shopping as well as local attractions.

Room Tip: Choose an upstairs room away from the steps leading up from the lobby, they are quieter.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Dear Rebecca W,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel with others. You are correct when you talk about our location being close to shopping and dining. We have shared your comments about the staff and we thank you for the compliments. The hot breakfast is new, along with the updates to the property you experienced while you were here. Thank you again, and see you on your next visit to the Red Rood Inn Sioux Falls.

El Paso, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were at the hotel staying while visiting our daughter and her family. Our daughter booked the room for 1 night and we decided that we would stay an additional 3 nights because we were impressed with our stay up to that point. Rooms were clean and good breakfast bar. She booked thoses nights with her credit card thru expedia. We came back from a stressful day about 9:30 pm to find our room key would not work so we took key to front desk the lady their reprogramed our same key so we got in our room to find out all our belongings had been moved out. We went back to front desk and the ladies said they had moved our belongings to a store room because the room had not been paid for which is not true. We found all our belongings in a store room on a cart and in plastic garbage bags. The ladies at the desk said we would have to talk to the manager in the morning. We talked to the manager the next morning He was of no help at all. All he would do is blame expedia. I tried to get a receipt all he would say is he could not give us a receipt because it was booked thru expedia even though we did get a recieipt for the first night, which was also booked thru expedia. By the time we got everything back in the room that evening it was about 11:30 pm We also asked the manager why he did not call us before moving all our belongings He said he did not have the right phone number which I do not believe was the case. Not a happy stay for us to say the least.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear ROGER G G,

I am so sorry for the interruption and misunderstanding with your reservation information. When a guest books through a third party website like Expedia, Orbitz, or Priceline I would like to let you know that the hotel does not get your personal information. We get the name of the guest that booked the room and a pre-paid one time use credit card provided by the online company. I am truly sorry that you were upset with your stay. Here at Red Roof we try to provide our guest with the up most customer satisfaction but I see we have missed are mark with you and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you the next time your stay requires a room in Sioux Falls.

Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went to Sioux Falls to see some family just this past weekend. I had never stayed with you guys until then. It was a great first impression. The staff was wonderful and welcoming. The room spotless. I hope to return soon. Keep up the good work.

Stayed April 2014
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Dear Klee1984,

First impressions are lasting impressions for guests and other travelers. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your "First Impression", from the friendly, welcoming staff to the clean comfortable room. We definitely look forward to your next visit to Sioux Falls and coming back to see us.

Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed on a Saturday night with my wife and dog. Things were going well until the drunkards started wandering the halls. The noise started about 11:30 which caused my dog to jump out if his bed and bark at the door. We calmed him down and we went back to sleep. At 1:30 it started again when the bar patrons were returning. We heard every car door slam, every room door slam and every inebriated individual walk the halls and tell their buddy "how hot that girl was". We had our door knocked on twice, both of which sent my dog into hysterics. Around 3am I decided it wasn't worth waiting them out so I got up to go tell the front desk to ask them to return to their room when I found the noise makers STANDING BY the front desk (my room was only a few doors down from the lobby).
Rather than cause a huge scene I decided I could drive the 3 hours home and get some peaceful sleep.
Overall the room was clean and comfortable, But if you are a light sleeper, beware, as sound proofing materials must have been invented after this hotel was built. And if you are looking for a party the lobby is the place to be (around 3 am anyway).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear 836Larry,

We are truly sorry that your visit with us was disappointing. The noise disturbance that caused your pet to become unsettled is not standard for us. As for the guest in the lobby when you came to talk to the front desk clerk Alex, we can assure you she was advising them to keep down the noise, because we have other guests in the hotel. She left other staff members a note advising us of the situation, in hopes that we would have been able to make our guests feel more confident in the way we handle situations like this. We do hope that you will come back and see us again very soon. Again our sincerest apologies.

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here two weekends in a row i even forgot my cell phone on Tuesday night and they kept it safe for me until I returned in 5 days. I found all the staff very helpful and friendly. Great location to food and shopping

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Michelle F,

Thank you for sharing your experience you had at our location with other travelers. It was a privilege to hold on to your property for you, until your next visit and if you should leave something behind again we will be happy to take of that for you as well. I value our guest and that's what we call going the extra mile. Thank you again.

SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed here a few times recently, because of the good value. The rooms have been fully updated and are always clean. We got a deluxe room on a weekend for under $70, which included a microwave and fridge. The staff is friendly. There is breakfast in the morning. ...Nothing to complain about in my experiences.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Dkamjfish,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I have shared it with the other staff. We enjoy having you stay with us. We would also like you to know for your next stay that we have upgraded our breakfast to include waffles and biscuits and gravy. Hope to see you again soon!

Stacy Patridge,
Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!