“would recommend” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
“would recommend”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here two weekends in a row i even forgot my cell phone on Tuesday night and they kept it safe for me until I returned in 5 days. I found all the staff very helpful and friendly. Great location to food and shopping

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Michelle F,

Thank you for sharing your experience you had at our location with other travelers. It was a privilege to hold on to your property for you, until your next visit and if you should leave something behind again we will be happy to take of that for you as well. I value our guest and that's what we call going the extra mile. Thank you again.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
SD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I've stayed here a few times recently, because of the good value. The rooms have been fully updated and are always clean. We got a deluxe room on a weekend for under $70, which included a microwave and fridge. The staff is friendly. There is breakfast in the morning. ...Nothing to complain about in my experiences.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Dkamjfish,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I have shared it with the other staff. We enjoy having you stay with us. We would also like you to know for your next stay that we have upgraded our breakfast to include waffles and biscuits and gravy. Hope to see you again soon!

Stacy Patridge,
Rochester, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel a number of times always receiving great service. The room/bed clean and comfortable. The staff friendly. The modest breakfast is a great start for the day. A very conveniently located hotel close to shopping, restaurants and easy access to interesting places to visit. A warm reception on cold December SD night. We'll stay here again. The price is right for a good night sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dkamjfish,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you staying with us and I have shared your comments with the rest of the staff. The next time you stay we have upgraded our breaksfast to include biscuits and gravy, and waffles. We hope to see you soon!

Stacy Patridge,
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here for 2 nights for business. My employer paid for and selected the motel largely based on price and location.

During my stay I found the hotel to be very clean and well-maintained. All staff members that I encountered were friendly and accommodating, including letting me check in at about 10:15AM so that my luggage wouldn't have to freeze in the car during my meetings.

Despite the clean facility and kind staff, I did not feel safe in this motel. I initially checked into room 140, and noticed immediately that the exterior door closest to my room should have been protected by key-card-swipe-enabled entry only, and wasn't. I thought maybe it was just disabled during the day while housekeeping serviced the rooms, but this remained the case when I returned to the motel after dinner. I also felt concerned because the security lock for the door to room 140 was completely worthless. The point of it is to only allow the door to open a couple of inches and then hold securely, but on this door the lock did not hold at all and even when engaged, it would simply come loose and allow the door to open all the way.

I parked my car so that it would be viewable from the room's window, so I could look in the morning to know if I would need to scrape the windows. When I did this, I noticed footprints in the snow outside my room's window, and that there were no other footprints near any other windows on the first floor along this side of the building. These three factors (the footprints, unsecure exterior door, and unsecure room door) lead me to the front desk to report my concerns.

The clerk on duty wrote up maintenance tickets for the 2 door issues, and relocated me to room 220. She apologized for the issues and we both acknowledged that the footprints could have been due to a maintenance employee working on frozen pipes, but it was still creepy.

Room 220 was just as clean and well maintained as room 140, but the mattress needs to be replaced. It is completely sunken in the middle which made it very difficult to sleep on - I basically had to stick to the edge and cling to the side so that I would not roll into the saggy middle.

The walls are not particularly thick. I could hear when people walked by, when cars passed outside, and when nearby rooms' plumbing was engaged, however the hotel was not that busy during my stay so the noises of others did not create a huge disturbance for me.

As other reviewers have noted the wi-fi is free and works very well, and the motel does offer complimentary breakfast (just very basic offerings). In the afternoon I also noted that cookies were served in the breakfast area. There is a small fitness center in a former room featuring just a treadmill, stationary bike, and stair-stepper. There are plenty of restaurants in close proximity to the facility (and plenty of other hotels too). All of the staff members were very friendly, even the housekeeping staff would say hello and greet guests, and the front desk clerk could be seen actively assisting in cleaning the breakfast and entry areas to keep the hotel nice. If the security of the doors had been better, and the mattress in less sunken condition, I would have had a much more positive review to write.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear polkadots_eve,

I am truly sorry that your stay was not completely comfortable for you. We are aware of the south entry door lock. We have ordered the locking mechanisms and replaced it twice and with no luck we are still working on a permanent fix for the door. I can have however assure you that we routinely do hall and parking lot walks to ensure the safety of all our guest and we have video surveillance set up at all entrances. As for the bed in room 220 the box spring was broke but has been replaced thanks to you bringing this situation to our attention.
Thank you for the wonderful comments about our staff and the cleanliness of the hotel. Again please accept my sincerest apologizes for the door issues. I hope that you will give us another chance in the future to prove we take all guests concern seriously and that the issue you have stated will be corrected.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

We stayed one nite, and with a Hotelcoupons.com discount the price was very reasonable. The service was friendly and courteous, and helpful with directions to Empire mall/restaurants etc. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable, and the free WiFi worked flawlessly. Located just off I 29 made it a convenient stop for us. Lots of restaurants and shopping close by. I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Garry H,

We are very happy that you took time to write a review about your visit to our property. Thank you for the wonderful comments about the clean room, comfortable beds, and friendly staff. Those coupons have really helped give our guest the rate the need to the best service. Thank you and we look forward to seeing again very soon.

Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Loved this quiet hotel, clean and simple and unlike the Ramada it's not as busy, only con... my room wall tstat needs replacing. Not sensitive enough. Either cold or hot depending on where you manually turned it to. The breakfast wasn't fancy, akin to other hotels this rating. Found a super cheaper rate online using the prepay method at their main website.

Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Dear petros56789,

We are very pleased that we won you over as a new Red Roof Inn guest. However I am very sorry to hear that your thermostat in your room was not functioning properly. We have fixed the issue with the heating in your room thanks to you letting us know. We thank you again for the wonderful review and we look forward to your next return.

Townsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

We arrived at the Red Roof Inn at Sioux Falls on a very hot day. It was great to have a speedy check-in and to retire to a lovely cool room. We were given great directions on how to find the Sioux Falls and where to dine that night. Our room was clean and comfortable. We used the free wi fi to send emails and enjoyed a nice complimentary continental breakfast the next morning. The room rates were very reasonable and I would definitely recommend this hotel to tired travellers.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor room close to the car park.