“Beautifully Updated, Spotlessly Clean and Top Notch, Caring Staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls

Save Saved
You added Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Gateway Blvd., Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #20 of 50 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Beautifully Updated, Spotlessly Clean and Top Notch, Caring Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

We often stay at Red Roof Inns as we appreciate their pet friendly policy. We had never stayed at this location before, and were a bit taken back by the rather blah, dated exterior of the hotel. It appears to have started out as something other than a Red Roof Inn. However, the front desk staff were absolutely top notch at both arrival and checkout. By far they were the most friendly and helpful staff and a joy to do business with. The inside of the property did not match the outside at all, it was obviously very recently beautifully updated. The hallways had a pleasant, clean smell along with muted elegant lighting and new carpeting. The room was top to bottom brand new and beautifully updated. By far the cleanest chain motel I have ever stayed in. Bed was very comfortable and shower was great. As we were packing to leave the next morning, we heard the maid supervisor going around checking the rooms to be sure the maids were doing a good job, which really impressed us! Really wish all motels cared enough to follow this practice! After being a little unsure at arrival because of the exterior, this place was really a pleasant surprise. I can't say enough about how nice and clean it was inside and about how much the staff seemed to care about making sure everyone had a great stay. Definitely a great value for the money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Dear SouthwestTravelers,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful comments you shared with other guests looking for a friendly, and clean room. You are correct the inside was remodeled in May and we have a few more altercations to complete inside such as expanding our breakfast and adding a business center. We strive to treat every guest the was we expect to treated, with care and kindness. I am so happy that we exceeded your expectations and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Stacy P
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Hannibal, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and knowledgeable. The lobby and hallways are a bit dated. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. Breakfast was definitely lacking, yogurt would have been nice. Mostly consisted of bagels, muffins and pastries. Overall, was sufficient for a road trip stop.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear TacHannKristine,

Thank you for sharing your experince with other travelers coming to the Sioux Falls area. I am sorry that we did not EXCEED your expectations. As for the breakfast we will be updating our menu in a couple of months with waffles, biscutts, and gravey. Please give us the oppertunity to surpass your experince the next time you come into Sioux Falls.

Stacy P
Watertown, South Dakota, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

Right when we arrived, the front desk attendant was super friendly and we had a couple laughs. The room was great, everything seems rather new and quite nice. The only complaint was the breakfast was lacking waffles or pancakes.

Room Tip: Our side faces the road, but we still slept very well.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Kyle K,
Thank you for your posting regarding your stay at Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls. We are glad that we were able to help make your stay pleasurable. We pride ourselves onproviding the best customer service and the cleanest rooms around at an affordable price. We hope that you will consider staying at Red Roof again the next time that you visit Sioux Falls.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was a tad claustrophobic. Limited parking, the parking lot was packed when we got there late on a week night. There was some drunk lady stumbling around when we checked in. The hotel and rooms vaguely smell of cigarettes. The bedding was not the best (sheets with a wool blanket) but it worked.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear akontoff11,

We are sorry to read that our location did not meet your expectations. I can assure you that we cotton blend bedding, as it is part of the renovated Next Gen package that we upgraded to in May.
As for our parking, I know it can a bit frustrating but we do have parking along the back side of the property as well. Again I am truely sorry that you felt less then confident in our accomadations and I hope that you will consider giving us another try. Thank you for your review, and safe travels to you.

Jonesboro, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

I drove for 12 hours straight with only stops for gas and restroom breaks. I couldn't find a hotel from Arkansas to Sioux Falls along the interstate that I would stop at until I ran across this hotel. The guy at the service desk was very nice and helpful at check-in. The room was clean and comfortable with great channels. I was able to watch SOA. A roach ran across the wall but I still considered the room to be very clean. I slept well and had a nice continental breakfast with a bagel and peanut butter then some coffee. The guy who was working the service desk upon my check-out was very very nice and very helpful. It was a great stay and much comfort for the long trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear TLove1999,

Thank you very much for your excellent review of our hotel and front desk staff. We make friendly professionalism our goal I hope that any concerns that you had were expressed to staff and were addressed to your satisfaction. Thank you for your patronage. We hope that you will choose Red Roof for your future stays.

Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two times now. My most recent stay was an unplanned two nighter so I got to know the place well. I travel a lot and stay at 4 star boutique hotels all the way down to Red Roof Inns - I must say this is among the cleanest places I have ever stayed. The staff are very professional, helpful, and friendly. You're seriously not going to do any better at this price point.

PS Thank you Pam for giving me advice on what to do in Sioux Falls while I was stuck there for the day!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Kurt M,

Thank you for the great review. We always appreciate feedback from guests. We try to provide friendly, professional service, clean, comfy rooms and a great reason for folks to come back and stay with us again. We look forward to serving you the next time that you visit Sioux Falls.

Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This makes my second stay with this Red Roof Inn and I am very pleased. This hotel has everything I want for a basic comfortable overnight. Things I look for in a hotel are cleanliness, comfortable bed, quiet, good water pressure, working AC/heat and furnishings that aren't reminiscent of the 1970s. This place has proven itself on all the above. Location is near many great places to eat and if you are in a hurry there is a limited selection of free breakfast.
Paid $49 with my military discount but even without would only have been around $59. I wish there were more hotels of this caliber.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kurt M,

Thank you very much for your kind words and patronage. At Red Roof Inn we pride ourselves on clean rooms, a comfy beds and great customer service. We still believe in friendly professionalism. It is our job to make sure that your stay is top notch. We look forward to serving you again.

Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!