“A welcome stop on the way...” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Gateway Blvd., Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fond du Lac, Wisconsin
“A welcome stop on the way...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

We attended a wedding in nearby Parker, SD and the closest hotels available were in Sioux Falls. We found the Red Roof Inn on the internet and the reviews were excellent. Let me throw in my own EXCELLENT rating for this hotel. From the front desk to the custodial staff, everyone was smiling and helpful. Zee (and Siri) helped us find used book stores nearby using her own smartphone. I hear she even stayed up making home made muffins and bringing them in to work for breakfast! Ross at the front desk assisted us in entertainment venues in the evening by providing directions and maps. We would DEFINITELY stay here again! It was clean, quiet and made for a restful night's sleep after 1200 on the road.

Room Tip: If you intend to get in a workout, try to be close to the exercise room. No weight machines but plen...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 6, 2013
Dear marinedad71,

I have shared your comments with Zee and Rod in regards to how helpful they were to you and your family. Zee is very considerate of her fellow staff members when it comes to making treats for her housekeeping staff. Rod has been with us for a couple of years now and his helpfullness has gone along way with most guests. He is always a happy smile at such a late hour. Thank you for the wonderful review and we look forward you next visit.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Keystone, SD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

First a disclaimer, I'm in the hospitality business and my wife and I currently own and operate our own property in another city.

This appears to be a very well run motel and a good value. The room we had on the second floor was clean, quiet and everything was in working order, with the exception of the bath tub which drained slowly ... a very common problem that is easily resolved. The free continental breakfast was minimal, which was as expected. Motels in the economy segment generally have basic breakfasts. The WiFi worked well and was speedy. The parking lot was ample and well lit. Our room did not have a microwave, refrigerator or coffee maker, but again, given the price, these were not expected. If these items has been in the room and the continental breakfast a little better we would have raised the rating to five dots. Overall we were well satisfied with our stay at this property.

Room Tip: We did not see an elevator, so if stairs are an issue book a ground floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dean B,

Thank you for the disclaimer of being a hotel owner. Most of all thank you for the great review. Myself as a hotel manager I can be very critical of other hotels that I visit, because of knowing what the staff and management goes through day in and day out, I also try to be very helpful. Taking what I would like to expect in a hotel stay I strive to teach the staff here the same. Golden rule treat others as you want to be treated. That is how I train each of the staff members here and I see by your review that was protrayed in your visit. Thank you and we hope to see you again next time you travel to SIoux Falls.

Baxley, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

During our 4200 mile journey on this 6 day trip, my family and I decided to stay at the Red Roof Inn on the last night of the Trip. We were greeted whole-heartedly and expeditiously processed. We had been on the road for over 18 hours and we were so tired they assisted us in every way knowing we were exhausted they showed us were everything was and were always willing to give us a hand. That is the Mid-Western Hospitality I am always looking for in a hotel. My hats off to the Staff of Red Roof Inn, Sioux Falls, SD.

Room Tip: Don't follow an outdated GPS directions, go left not right when exiting I-29 North.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Royal_US_Marine,

From a guest who has traveled far and wide to the many great cities of this country thank you for such a wonderful compliment. We strive to make all guest feel the mid-westeren hospitality day and night. I am glad we were able to end your long journey on such a satisfied feeling. I have shared your comments with the staff and we hope to see you again very soon.

East Grand Forks MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to find such a clean and comfortable hotel that allowed us to bring our beautiful boxer along with no extra charge. The room was well maintained and VERY clean. Nothing shabby. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The charge was well below the "first rate" hotels but the value wasn't. I would stay again in a heartbeat! Irene Z East Grand Forks MN

Room Tip: our room was perfect
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Irene Z,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. As with all Red Roof Inn's nationwide pets stay free. Our focus here at the Red Roof is on the guest and the service we can provide to make you feel welcome, confident and significant. We strive to be the number one "Economy" hotel without losing the feel of quality. I have shared your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Excellent upkeep, very comfortable stay. This Red Roof Inn is very ordinary looking from the outside, but on the inside very clean, newer furnishings, carpet, beds are comfortable, and very well maintained.

The rooms are rather small, but to be expected for a budget chain.

For the price, a very good value.

I know that many Red Roof Inns are not this nice. It all depends on the franchisee and manager and employees.

Very helpful gentleman at the desk on check in on afternoon of 9/16/13. He was the only person at the desk, yet accommodated all the check-ins as well as possible. Note to manager: you need another person at check in at this time of day.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear billywilliams2,

I agree we need more employee's like the young man that checked you in. I am happy that he was able to balance such a busy time and leave such a good impression on you. I also see the updates to our property have impressed you as well. Thank you for the comments and just to let you that there are more changes to come to our property for when the next you visit. Thank you again for choosing the Red Roof Inn.

Maplewood, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

Very clean, modern, and economical. I always try to find a Red Roof Inn becaise I know the quality of them is consistent and will have the best prices. And many times I find a coupon while traveling and get an even bettrer deal

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Pam A,

Thank you for being a life long Red Rof supporter. We will continue to provide the cleanest and friendliest visit across the brand at an affordable rate. you are correct to look for coupons, but another way to get a great deal is always call the hotel directly. Thank you again for choosing the Red Roof Inn, see you nest visit.

Kayuta Lake
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We took the king suite as rooms were hard to come by in Sioux Falls. It was large and comfortable for the price. The plumbing was loud. There was an explanation about new showerheads that were faulty and they were waiting for replacement parts. What struck me was the morning manager was unkempt though the woman at the desk looked professional. And the gaggle of people smoking outside near the front door.

• Stayed September 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear KathyWalt,

I am very happy to see you enjoyed our suite. I am how ever sorry that the noise from the shower heads was disconcerting. As you stated it was an issue we were very much aware of and it has been corrected. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!