“Good room for a budget motel but still a budget motel.” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Gateway Blvd., Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #14 of 49 hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Kayuta Lake
“Good room for a budget motel but still a budget motel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We took the king suite as rooms were hard to come by in Sioux Falls. It was large and comfortable for the price. The plumbing was loud. There was an explanation about new showerheads that were faulty and they were waiting for replacement parts. What struck me was the morning manager was unkempt though the woman at the desk looked professional. And the gaggle of people smoking outside near the front door.

• Stayed September 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear KathyWalt,

I am very happy to see you enjoyed our suite. I am how ever sorry that the noise from the shower heads was disconcerting. As you stated it was an issue we were very much aware of and it has been corrected. Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

This is the best red roof inn I have ever stayed in and exceeds all expectations from the time u walk in to the hotel to the time u leave. I had called since I drove all night from the east coast to ask if I can check in early. Stacy is an awesome manager of the hotel who is very helpful, respectful, and accommodating and the room was superb. When I arrived, Chris had checked me in honoring the roomsaver coupon with professionalism, friendly, and helpful as Stacy is. Pam is very friendly and helpful and everyone who I have encountered are very friendly and helpful. Rod was friendly and helpful as he provided good directions on how to get to the mall. I see that Stacy runs a "tight ship" but it is for good reason and the best customer service shines from every member of her crew. Everyone there will take the time to help, answer a question and all the staff is very respectful in all ways. I have zero complaints and only good things come to mind!!
Room wise the room is superb! Fresh clean room, bed is awesome providing an excellent night's rest and 5 star sleep quality, everything works and the bathroom was clean and exceeded expectations as though it was a brand new bathroom ready to be used for the first time. The desk is wonderful as it is helpful to study on with a comfortable leather executive chair, and the giant LG TV was great as well. AC provided cold fresh air and a wonderful first class five star hotel hotel experience is what comes to mind. They provide a well variety in breakfast with a nice dining room to sit and watch TV while eating. The lobby is warm and inviting in the decor and every person is welcomed and acknowledged which is the key concept in customer service to be noticed and helped when present. I love how they always provide coffee and always snacks 24-7 which is great! Price wise it is excellent and provides a great value for the buck compared to some of the area establishments but in my mind its a 5 star hotel and they honor the roomsaver dot com coupon. They have reasonable weekly rates too and I wish every RED ROOF INN in the US is as superior as this establishment since they know what customer service is all about, very courteous, friendly, helpful, respectful and professional and this was definitely a 5 star experience at a very reasonable price-only good things come to mind and not one single complaint at all. It's a very well maintained establishment and there is a 24 hour Shell gas station with mini mart nearby, 24 hour IHOP nearby, and the Empire Mall is minutes away. Any nearby convenience is located minutes away from this wonderful establishment. I have no reservations in my mind and only positive recommendations about this establishment!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Knighttravelmd,

Thank you for the wonderful review words can not express how wonderful it is to hear the good things in life. We strive very hard to make all our guests feel as welcomed, confident, and significant as you felt during your stay with us. I have shared your comments with the staff and we all look forward to your next visit. Thank you again.

Madison, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed for one night while traveling with a dog on a cross-country trip. We were given a room just off the lobby, which worried me, but it turned out to be quiet and convenient for getting the dog in and out. While the hotel is not particularly remarkable, it was spacious, clean and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear TracyTraveler,

We are happy to see that your noise worries were put to rest being so close to the lobby. As with all Red Roof Inn's pets stay for free. We are pleased that you and your four legged companion enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you both again.

Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I would like to recognize Assistant Manager, Chris Malcomb, for making our stay at the Sioux Falls Red Roof Inn enjoyable. Chris made sure to get us a room suitable for my disabled wife. He was also very diligent in making sure everything was well supplied for the continental breakfast each morning. After checking us in, he always greeted us by name. We look forward to our next stay at the Sioux Falls Red Roof Inn and Chris' excellent service again. Thanks!

Room Tip: Just tell the desk what your needs are and they are very accommodating.
Green Features: Appreciate your efforts trying to save our environment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jerry M,

Thank you for recognizing Chris' excellent service. We are very lucky to have such great employee's that take their work to heart, like Chris did for you and your wife. We truly enjoy having you and we look forward to your next visit. I have shared you review with Chris and the other staff members to show how going that extra mile makes a impact with our guests.

Mitchell, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay at Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls often....Always been treated Special by the staff!!!Stacy is happy 2 see me , as i am her.. We talk about my shopping trip & she wants 2 go with me....HA.. V ery nice & clean rooms,Quiet, comfortable beds. Remodeled recently, love the new decor!I WILL BE BACK AGAIN SOON! THANK YOU, STACY & STAFF!!! SEE YOU SOON!!!!Shirley C.

Room Tip: My last rm was 206......very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Shirls2013,

We always look forward to your visit with us, and one of these we will go shopping at the Empire Mall. Thank you for being such a valued guest we appreciate your comments to other travelers. See you next visit.

Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The person at the front desk when we checked in was very friendly. Gave us extra towels and was happy to help. We loved the cookies and 24/7 coffee available. The room was a little tight, opening the bathroom door and room door could be a challenge. Comfortable beds, nice big flat screen tv with a decent remote with good sized buttons. We made use of the refrig and microwave in the room. Our problems began with a message flashing light on the phone at 3:00am. The light woke me and my talking woke up my traveling companions. We had no messages according to the front desk, a malfunction of the phone. My poor husband could not go back to sleep. Although I did, around 7:30 a LOUD sound was coming through the walls and throughout the halls. When we told the front desk, Chris, the assistant manager was very short with us...he said others had reported it (how could anyone NOT?). Maintenance was looking into it. I think that just left a bad taste in our mouth after a pleasant stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear TexasQueen11,

I am very sorry that you and your companions sleep was interrupted by the message light. I can assure you that we have had that situation resolved along with the issue with the pipes that you referred to in the morning. I guarantee these occurrences are not standard for us. Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your experience and please come see us again. Thank you.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I will always be a return guest at the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls. The moment you walk into the lobby you are greeted with the most gracious "happy to see you" hello. I have met the very hands on manager, Stacy, and it's obvious her staff has learned a great deal about hospitality through her lead. Not only do they have the most accommodating staff, but the cleanliness can not be beat! Another thing that really impressed me --- they are all about recycling and that speaks volumes about the kind of property they truly are! I would recommend this property and it is worth driving out of the way for this stay!! I must not forget to mention they have the best coffee (yes! --- it looks and taste like coffee) and they serve it up fresh 24-7!!! I sleep like a baby when I stay there and that along with everything else makes this a five star hotel to me!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Shari C,

Thank you for being a return guest. We truly enjoy you coming to visit with us. We get our coffee from Larue Coffee out of Nebraska. We agree it is very good. We have shared you comments the rest of the staff. We all look forward to your return.

Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!