“Convenient one night stop” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Gateway Blvd., Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #18 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pebble Beach, California
“Convenient one night stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

We stayed for one night while traveling with a dog on a cross-country trip. We were given a room just off the lobby, which worried me, but it turned out to be quiet and convenient for getting the dog in and out. While the hotel is not particularly remarkable, it was spacious, clean and the breakfast was good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear TracyTraveler,

We are happy to see that your noise worries were put to rest being so close to the lobby. As with all Red Roof Inn's pets stay for free. We are pleased that you and your four legged companion enjoyed your visit and we hope to see you both again.

246 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Aberdeen, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I would like to recognize Assistant Manager, Chris Malcomb, for making our stay at the Sioux Falls Red Roof Inn enjoyable. Chris made sure to get us a room suitable for my disabled wife. He was also very diligent in making sure everything was well supplied for the continental breakfast each morning. After checking us in, he always greeted us by name. We look forward to our next stay at the Sioux Falls Red Roof Inn and Chris' excellent service again. Thanks!

Room Tip: Just tell the desk what your needs are and they are very accommodating.
Green Features: Appreciate your efforts trying to save our environment.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jerry M,

Thank you for recognizing Chris' excellent service. We are very lucky to have such great employee's that take their work to heart, like Chris did for you and your wife. We truly enjoy having you and we look forward to your next visit. I have shared you review with Chris and the other staff members to show how going that extra mile makes a impact with our guests.

Mitchell, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stay at Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls often....Always been treated Special by the staff!!!Stacy is happy 2 see me , as i am her.. We talk about my shopping trip & she wants 2 go with me....HA.. V ery nice & clean rooms,Quiet, comfortable beds. Remodeled recently, love the new decor!I WILL BE BACK AGAIN SOON! THANK YOU, STACY & STAFF!!! SEE YOU SOON!!!!Shirley C.

Room Tip: My last rm was 206......very nice.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Shirls2013,

We always look forward to your visit with us, and one of these we will go shopping at the Empire Mall. Thank you for being such a valued guest we appreciate your comments to other travelers. See you next visit.

Kansas City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

The person at the front desk when we checked in was very friendly. Gave us extra towels and was happy to help. We loved the cookies and 24/7 coffee available. The room was a little tight, opening the bathroom door and room door could be a challenge. Comfortable beds, nice big flat screen tv with a decent remote with good sized buttons. We made use of the refrig and microwave in the room. Our problems began with a message flashing light on the phone at 3:00am. The light woke me and my talking woke up my traveling companions. We had no messages according to the front desk, a malfunction of the phone. My poor husband could not go back to sleep. Although I did, around 7:30 a LOUD sound was coming through the walls and throughout the halls. When we told the front desk, Chris, the assistant manager was very short with us...he said others had reported it (how could anyone NOT?). Maintenance was looking into it. I think that just left a bad taste in our mouth after a pleasant stay.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear TexasQueen11,

I am very sorry that you and your companions sleep was interrupted by the message light. I can assure you that we have had that situation resolved along with the issue with the pipes that you referred to in the morning. I guarantee these occurrences are not standard for us. Thank you for taking the time to tell other travelers about your experience and please come see us again. Thank you.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I will always be a return guest at the Red Roof Inn in Sioux Falls. The moment you walk into the lobby you are greeted with the most gracious "happy to see you" hello. I have met the very hands on manager, Stacy, and it's obvious her staff has learned a great deal about hospitality through her lead. Not only do they have the most accommodating staff, but the cleanliness can not be beat! Another thing that really impressed me --- they are all about recycling and that speaks volumes about the kind of property they truly are! I would recommend this property and it is worth driving out of the way for this stay!! I must not forget to mention they have the best coffee (yes! --- it looks and taste like coffee) and they serve it up fresh 24-7!!! I sleep like a baby when I stay there and that along with everything else makes this a five star hotel to me!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear Shari C,

Thank you for being a return guest. We truly enjoy you coming to visit with us. We get our coffee from Larue Coffee out of Nebraska. We agree it is very good. We have shared you comments the rest of the staff. We all look forward to your return.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I checked into the Sioux Falls Red Roof on Friday. Chris greeted me at the desk and even though I wanted my room early. Chris greeted explained that they were full the night before and that he would need to check with housekeeping to check. Margie and Aziza worked delingently to accommodate my early check in needs. Over my weekend stay Jacque serviced my room with a can do attitude and a helful smile. Even the breakfast host Megan was excited to see me and other guests for breakfast. I would have to say that this staff really cares for their guests, and truly enjoy their job. Thank you, I will definitely stay again and highly recommend to all my family and friends.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear jishuadlindgren,

Thank you for taking notice of our staff. We don't always here the nice things, but you are correct we do take great pride in making our guests feel welcomed here. Thank you again and we hope to see you again very soon.

Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a clean hotel and a relatively new building. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. There were 2 staff working the desk so there was no waiting. Very nice location and plenty of restaurants to choose from. The only reason I did not give it a 5 rating is that it seemed kind of noisy. I could hear the TV very clearly in the next room. Not sure if they have thin walls or the person was deaf. That is why I travel with my white noise machine!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Dear kimjady,

I am sorry you had troubles with the noise, we would have been happy to assist you in resolving the noise situation. We are happy to see that you still enjoyed your stay and our location. You are correct we are newly remodeled and the staff does a wonderful job checking guests in the most efficient manor. We hope you come see us again soon.

Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!