“Very nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Very nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

This is a clean hotel and a relatively new building. The rooms are clean and the beds comfortable. There were 2 staff working the desk so there was no waiting. Very nice location and plenty of restaurants to choose from. The only reason I did not give it a 5 rating is that it seemed kind of noisy. I could hear the TV very clearly in the next room. Not sure if they have thin walls or the person was deaf. That is why I travel with my white noise machine!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Dear kimjady,

I am sorry you had troubles with the noise, we would have been happy to assist you in resolving the noise situation. We are happy to see that you still enjoyed your stay and our location. You are correct we are newly remodeled and the staff does a wonderful job checking guests in the most efficient manor. We hope you come see us again soon.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Superior, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Very nice and quiet hotel. Price is reasonable. It was also in a nice location and very easy to find. We were expecting a fridge in the room. There also isn't a pool. There was hardly any parking in the evening. Breakfast was pretty simple. Overall we had a nice stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Katie A,

We are very happy that you had a good stay. We agree that we are conveniently located in the heart of Sioux Falls. We do have rooms with fridges and microwaves upon request for an up charge of 4.00 over the standard price. I have shared your comments with the staff and the owners, thank you again for your review.

Colorado Springs
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

This was a very clean property located near I29 with restaurants, a movie theater (under renovation, and a mall all close by. The rooms were in good condition and the staff was very helpful. Breeakfast was filling but not special. No hot items like waffles, meats or eggs. Fitness center required access key card from the front desk which meant the equipment was in good condition. Definitely a good value for the price. Would stay there again.

Room Tip: One side of the complex faces I29. I would avoid those rooms if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear David Vincent M,

Thank you for writing a review about your visit with us. I have shared your comments with the staff. I am glad you enjoyed the exercise room. Our location is very convenient to guests that want a good look as what Sioux Falls has to offer. I am sorry to say that the movie theater is not under remodel but closed down. Please come see us again soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stay at the RRI SF for the rodeo I stayed in the one and only suite the lady who I think was the GM checked me in she was nice and friendly I went to my room and man I was nicely surprised the suite was huge and the bathroom was a very nice size and there was even a kitchen. The sofa and chair was comfy it had a flat screen in the front room and bedroom and the Wi-Fi was at full strength the hole time. Ok here is why I did not give this hotel an excellent review for a suite it had no glass where sliver where and bowel's or cups or pots or pans if you have a kitchen you would think you would offer those things. I filled out a customer survey and the GM emailed me back and told me they can not offer those things for the suite because they don't have any way to sanitize those things. Don't take me wrong I loved the room and I know its just one thing but I felt just a tad ripped off I would have liked to cook something instead of going out in the pouring rain to eat.

Room Tip: If you can get the suite you will like the extra room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jeff J,

We are so happy that you enjoyed the dakota suite so much. It was remodeled in May and we have many guests tell us how much they love the space. Thank you for not onlying posting a review but also posting pictures of the room. We hope to see you again very soon.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by two people behind the counter who were very friendly and helpful. Even after checking in they called the room to see if everything was up to standards and it was! The wifi wasn't working so they went and reset the modem, they helped with directions and all the time happy about it
The rooms were clean and spacious
Downside- the washroom sink is outside the bathroom and shower/toilet room is small
As well I went to make coffee and where the coffee maker is, is not near an available plug so be aware, you may have to move it

Overall though for the really good price it didn't have that "cheap feel" that other motels have
If I had known that red roof was all or were all like this I'd have booked my cross country trips with them
Recommended!!

• Stayed August 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear smokeeater2,

Thank you for sharing you opinion with other travelers. I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit and that the staff that checked you in were so helpful. I am sorry that you had such a hard time with the internet connection. We have reset all access points and called our internet provider to have the speed and the connection tested. We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you again for the review.

manager
Urbana, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

While not good for a long stay, it was great for a couple days while we attended a local event. We had a group staying and several had problems with mixed up reservations. The front desk clerk accused an elderly couple of using travelocity.com to book their room (which they never heard of) as an excuse as to why their reservations were mixed up. The good news, they found rooms for the three reservations that had problems and all was well for the weekend. Rooms are very small so week long stays are not advised. They also automatically charge the $1.50 fee for the safe, even if you don't use it, then you have to have it removed from your billing, so watch for erroneous charging.

Room Tip: Parking lot fills up fast so get your car in early to avoid having to walk a great distance to get b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear CDelap,

I would like to say sorry for any mix up in your parties reservations, I am however very happy to know that all situations were resolved with complete guest satisfaction.

Yes we do charge a $1.50 for a safe that is located in all our rooms as part of our continuous efforts to provide the highest standard of guest safety to all our guests. As you stated we are happy to remove the safe fee at the request of the our guests. We endorse the honor system in order not to invade a guests privacy in our lobby. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Red Roof Sioux Falls twice now and both stays were great. This a very clean, well managed motel with friendly employees. Each of my stays I took advantage a free quick breakfast of a couple of hard boiled eggs, a sweet roll, coffee and juice then on my way... Thanks Red Roof!

Stayed August 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Dave L,

Thank you for staying with us twice. We hope that we can make it a third. We really do appreciate the comments all of our guests send us. Thank you and I have shared your comments with the staff. See you soon.

Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!