“One Suite Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“One Suite Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stay at the RRI SF for the rodeo I stayed in the one and only suite the lady who I think was the GM checked me in she was nice and friendly I went to my room and man I was nicely surprised the suite was huge and the bathroom was a very nice size and there was even a kitchen. The sofa and chair was comfy it had a flat screen in the front room and bedroom and the Wi-Fi was at full strength the hole time. Ok here is why I did not give this hotel an excellent review for a suite it had no glass where sliver where and bowel's or cups or pots or pans if you have a kitchen you would think you would offer those things. I filled out a customer survey and the GM emailed me back and told me they can not offer those things for the suite because they don't have any way to sanitize those things. Don't take me wrong I loved the room and I know its just one thing but I felt just a tad ripped off I would have liked to cook something instead of going out in the pouring rain to eat.

Room Tip: If you can get the suite you will like the extra room
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Jeff J,

We are so happy that you enjoyed the dakota suite so much. It was remodeled in May and we have many guests tell us how much they love the space. Thank you for not onlying posting a review but also posting pictures of the room. We hope to see you again very soon.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted by two people behind the counter who were very friendly and helpful. Even after checking in they called the room to see if everything was up to standards and it was! The wifi wasn't working so they went and reset the modem, they helped with directions and all the time happy about it
The rooms were clean and spacious
Downside- the washroom sink is outside the bathroom and shower/toilet room is small
As well I went to make coffee and where the coffee maker is, is not near an available plug so be aware, you may have to move it

Overall though for the really good price it didn't have that "cheap feel" that other motels have
If I had known that red roof was all or were all like this I'd have booked my cross country trips with them
Recommended!!

• Stayed August 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear smokeeater2,

Thank you for sharing you opinion with other travelers. I am happy to see you enjoyed your visit and that the staff that checked you in were so helpful. I am sorry that you had such a hard time with the internet connection. We have reset all access points and called our internet provider to have the speed and the connection tested. We hope to see you again very soon. Thank you again for the review.

manager
Seymour, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

While not good for a long stay, it was great for a couple days while we attended a local event. We had a group staying and several had problems with mixed up reservations. The front desk clerk accused an elderly couple of using travelocity.com to book their room (which they never heard of) as an excuse as to why their reservations were mixed up. The good news, they found rooms for the three reservations that had problems and all was well for the weekend. Rooms are very small so week long stays are not advised. They also automatically charge the $1.50 fee for the safe, even if you don't use it, then you have to have it removed from your billing, so watch for erroneous charging.

Room Tip: Parking lot fills up fast so get your car in early to avoid having to walk a great distance to get b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear CDelap,

I would like to say sorry for any mix up in your parties reservations, I am however very happy to know that all situations were resolved with complete guest satisfaction.

Yes we do charge a $1.50 for a safe that is located in all our rooms as part of our continuous efforts to provide the highest standard of guest safety to all our guests. As you stated we are happy to remove the safe fee at the request of the our guests. We endorse the honor system in order not to invade a guests privacy in our lobby. Thank you again for your review and we hope to see you again very soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Red Roof Sioux Falls twice now and both stays were great. This a very clean, well managed motel with friendly employees. Each of my stays I took advantage a free quick breakfast of a couple of hard boiled eggs, a sweet roll, coffee and juice then on my way... Thanks Red Roof!

Stayed August 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Dave L,

Thank you for staying with us twice. We hope that we can make it a third. We really do appreciate the comments all of our guests send us. Thank you and I have shared your comments with the staff. See you soon.

Abbotsford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I think the gentleman who checked us in was Ben. He was very friendly and helpful. Our room was clean as was the lobby area and hallways. An excellent value for the money. We will stay there again if the occasion arises.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CraigMC1975,

Ben was the nice young man that checked you and I have shared your wonderful review with him and our housekeeping staff. Just as you have shared your experience with the world. Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn of Sioux Falls. We hope to see you again soon

St. joseph mo.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We stayed here because everything else was booked or to expensive,our room was very small ,we had a queen bed was hard ,the bathroom was small and the sink area was outside of the bathroom no room to put anything. I would not recommend,unless there was no other place to stay.

Room Tip: They did offer pets in the rooms,if your traveling with your pets.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 10, 2013
Dear hatsandhides,

I am sorry that you felt that our accommodations were to small for you and your needs. We have been recently remodeled and though our rooms are not as large as some hotels we are a very clean and quiet hotel. We are located to many local attractions such as the Empire Mall, and The Great Plains Zoo. I am sorry that we were not able to satisfy you and your needs, but please come visit Sioux Falls again and see what we have to offer. Thank you again for sharing your comments we take all guest comments very seriously.

Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a family reunion. Liz at the front desk helped me with my reservation and she was very accommodating helping me to get exactly the room we needed, even though the web site showed none available. When I checked in, Liz was there and again, helped make sure my room was moved to be near my family for the reunion and met my needs. She also realized my Triple A discount was not applied, so she corrected that. This was not a good hotel for an extended stay or for a family reunion. There is no pool, no meeting place, they are short staffed, the breakfast is minimal and they struggled to keep breakfast items such as coffee available during the breakfast hours they posted. I had some family at the AmericInn next door which offered much nicer accommodations with breakfast and pool for just a little bit more. There were a lot of bikers on their way to Sturgis and I think this would be a great hotel for a one night stay while on the road. The rooms do smell of old smoke, there is very little counter space in the bathroom and the rooms are small.

Room Tip: I had a room in the corner and I did not hear the motorcycles as did most other patrons (room 123...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear breezy779,

We are sorry that you felt our accommodations we not to standard. We are an economy hotel and we try very hard to keep our prices very competitive. We do not have a pool or a hot tub but we do offer, guest laundry, and a guest exercise room. As for our continental breakfast, we have shared you comments with the owner in hopes to possibly expanding the menu. We are very happy to see that Liz was able to accommodate you both on your reservation process and your check in. We have shared those comments with Liz and the rest of the staff. We hope that the next time you come through Sioux Falls that you will give us another try.

Manager

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!