“Great Location” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bismarck, North Dakota
“Great Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I am from Bismarck, ND and was traveling to Sioux Falls for job interviews. I was looking for a hotel that would be cost efficient, safe and a relatively good location. Red Roof had all of these! The cost was a great value for the amount of funds I had available for the trip, and you have to access the hotel by room key, which made me feel safer knowing not just anyone could get in. It is also in a great spot to easily access the interstate and downtown areas. It was very easy to find as well considering I am not the best with directions! The staff were very friendly and the room was clean and smoke free. Also, the continental breakfast the next morning was very convenient as I had to be on the road early. I highly recommend this hotel. I would have liked to take a swim and get in a hot tub, but I would give that up to have the service I did at the Red Roof. I am moving to the Sioux Fall area next month and plan to tell my relatives and friends to book a room there for all their future visits. Thank you for the great service!

Room Tip: I would reserve a room online beforehand, that way you can make sure you are getting a smoke free/sm...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Amanda P,

I would first like to say welcome to Sioux Falls. I am very happy that we could start the new change to your life with such a warm welcome. Leaving you with a great first impression of our home. Thank you for such a wonderful review, you are correct our location is very convenient to many restaurants, and shopping. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to meeting your family when they come to stay with us.

Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We made reservations a few weeks in advance. We would be in town over the weekend for our nieces graduation. We got a smoking room with two queen beds for our three kids and ourselves. It was easy checking in when we got there. The room was up to date with the bedding and other portions of the room. The room was clean and the ac worked wonderfully. My fiance is one who needs a really cool room and his needs were met well. The continental breakfast was good for getting our morning coffee and a bite to eat for the kids to hold them until we went for a regular family breakfast. Our room was clean and towels were well stocked when we returned our second evening. The staff was understanding on our check out day when we were behind schedule on checking out on time. The only down fall was there weren't many available plugs for our phones to charge and not having a mini fridge so we could put drinks for the kids in it. However I do know they are looking at ways of changing that and I look forward to future stays and changes.

• Stayed May 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear roughnecksgirls,

Thank you for telling the world about your visit with us. I hope you had a good time at your niece’s graduation. You are correct we are in the process of adding new convenient outlets to all guest rooms in order to help keep our guests connected. I have shared your comments with the staff and we look forward to your next visit. Thank you again for choosing the Red Roof Inn.

sioux falls sd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

I am on the road during the construction season and have stayed at many hotels. I made reservations at red roof and had low expectations given it was pretty much the cheapest. when i checked in the staff was pleasant and courteous. they said the room I was getting had been recently renovated (every room was getting renovated), I was really supprised when i walked in to find everything was new and clean. i have stayed in 100 dollar a night rooms that were not nearly as nice. i had expected the worst and got one of the best hotel rooms in the midwest for a fantastic price!! i have stayed a total of 20 days so far and would reccomend it for anyone wanting a great room .

Room Tip: ask for a second story room if you want a really quiet stay.
Green Features: even with water saving devices the water pressures still great in sinks and showers.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear 49jamieb,

I am very pleased that we have exceeded your expectations. I have shared your comments with the rest of our staff just you have shared your excitement with the rest of the world.
Yes we have just been recently updated and I am so happy that we have been able to accommodate your lengthy stay. I know being away from home can be unpleasant, but I see we have made you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your comments and I hope we continue to exceed your expectations.

Roseville, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am originally from SD, go back 4 or 5 times a year to visit family. and always stay at the Red Roof Inn. It has a great location right off of I-29 and West 41st Street, a stone's throw from the Empire Mall and lots of other restaurants/shopping, as we as within walking distance of a Perkins and gas station. I always book a week or two in advance and can typically get a room in the $45-$50 per night range. This hotel has been recently updated and is spotlessly clean. It seems to attract alot of travelers so everyone is there looking for a good night's sleep and to get up and going in the morning, so unlike alot of other hotel's in this price point, I've never had noisy neighbor issues here. A free breakfast, including coffee, juice, cereal, toast, and bagels is included. If you are looking for clean, convenient and safe, this hotel is a great value for your money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the freeway to you will have some road noise, although I didn't find...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear threecatmamma,

Thank you for the great sales pitch for all our future travelers to read. We love it when a guest is as happy as you have been with us. Your right we have been recently updated and we are close to shopping and restaurants. Thank you for being such a loyal customer for so long and I know we will continue to put all our efforts to keeping you and your family as happy as you have been. Thank you again for the kind words. We will see you the next time you come to Sioux Falls.

Levan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

The hotel was clean and very nice. The employees were helpful and very nice. We had a pleasant stay with them even though we only were there overnight. There breakfast in the morning was nice, they had plenty to choose from. I will stay there again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear nclark435,

Thank you the kind words in your review, we strive to make all our guests feel as welcome as we made you feel. We look forward to your return visit and we would be happy to book your reservation for you here at the property. As you saw we are upgrading our property and we have more exciting changes still to come. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on Friday 5/3/13 for one night. We arrived at 2:55 to see if we could check in. The front desk clerk said we would have to wait until 3pm. My husband then asked if he meant we would have to wait 5 minutes. The clerk then looked at his watch and made a comment about how time has flown because he was so busy, because see, the hotel is fully booked tonight. He ran down the hall to check with housekeeping on the room status. Returned, out of breath to tell us that it was not ready, they were working on it right now, because - the hotel was full last night. It would be ready in 30 minutes. My husband and I left the location and drove around town. We arrived back at 3:45. The clerk then told us as he was giving us our room keys that the "room was ready ahead of schedule" even though the hotel was fully booked for the night. Just a strange situation... Anyway, once getting to our room we noticed the room was very smoky smelling. Other than the smell, the rooms seemed clean so no complaints to the housekeeping staff. The bedding was outdated. The blanket only went up to my waist, and I am 5'3. I thought they were pulling a prank on us and short-sheeted our bed. There is no hairdryer. There is only a tiny packet of shampoo. No conditioner. Not even that shampoo/conditioner combo. The bathroom has no fan. We returned to our room at 1am. Attempted to go to sleep - the walls are thin. Like I could hear the people next door snoring thin. The people above us were having a party of some sort and didn't wind down until 5am. Nothing the hotel could really do about this - so I don't blame them for that. But the thin walls are terrible. We thought if we turned on the fan it might help with the noise, attempted to turn on the fan in the room to get some air circulating. The unit did not work so no relief from the noise. There is a basic continential breakfast in the morning. It is fine. The staff kept it full. No complaints. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - for over 70$ a night I didn't expect 5 stars - I just expected a hair dryer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear MindilovesMexico,

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you had at our location. I can assure you they are not standard for us to make a guest wait for their room. As for the hair dryer we are in the process of adding them to all the rooms, unfortunately we have just a few rooms left that have will not be completed until the end of this week.
We take all guest comments very seriously and use them to improve. I can only ask that you come give us another try, because I can guarantee that when you see the completed product we will make you feel very confident in our abilities to “WOW” you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel has for our budget, and once was the only hotel we could find that had a room available. We got a smoking room and it smelt terrible! Most places will spray a neutralizer to try to get rid of the smell, but this wasn't done in our room. Even the bedding smelt like smoke.
Customer service has always been really good, and they even helped us try to find a nice place to eat.
They have a basic continental breakfast in the morning; cereal, bagels, muffins, etc.
They did upgrade their TVs to flat screens, which was nice.

• Stayed September 2012
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Orangedot,

I am sorry to hear that your smoking room smelt bad. We do use an ozone machine in our rooms every day wither they have been rented our not for at least 20 minutes per room. I have shared this concern with our housekeeping staff and we will work harder on preventing this from happening again. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

As you could tell we are in the process of remodeling our property and while doing so we are removing all smoking rooms from first floor. I hope you will come and stay with us again the next time your travel plans bring you through Sioux Falls.
Thank you again.

Stacy Patridge

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!