“Great Value” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Roseville, Minnesota
“Great Value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

I am originally from SD, go back 4 or 5 times a year to visit family. and always stay at the Red Roof Inn. It has a great location right off of I-29 and West 41st Street, a stone's throw from the Empire Mall and lots of other restaurants/shopping, as we as within walking distance of a Perkins and gas station. I always book a week or two in advance and can typically get a room in the $45-$50 per night range. This hotel has been recently updated and is spotlessly clean. It seems to attract alot of travelers so everyone is there looking for a good night's sleep and to get up and going in the morning, so unlike alot of other hotel's in this price point, I've never had noisy neighbor issues here. A free breakfast, including coffee, juice, cereal, toast, and bagels is included. If you are looking for clean, convenient and safe, this hotel is a great value for your money.

Room Tip: Rooms on the east side face the freeway to you will have some road noise, although I didn't find...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear threecatmamma,

Thank you for the great sales pitch for all our future travelers to read. We love it when a guest is as happy as you have been with us. Your right we have been recently updated and we are close to shopping and restaurants. Thank you for being such a loyal customer for so long and I know we will continue to put all our efforts to keeping you and your family as happy as you have been. Thank you again for the kind words. We will see you the next time you come to Sioux Falls.

226 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Levan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The hotel was clean and very nice. The employees were helpful and very nice. We had a pleasant stay with them even though we only were there overnight. There breakfast in the morning was nice, they had plenty to choose from. I will stay there again if I am ever in the area.

• Stayed April 2013
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear nclark435,

Thank you the kind words in your review, we strive to make all our guests feel as welcome as we made you feel. We look forward to your return visit and we would be happy to book your reservation for you here at the property. As you saw we are upgrading our property and we have more exciting changes still to come. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Fargo, North Dakota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

My husband and I stayed in this hotel on Friday 5/3/13 for one night. We arrived at 2:55 to see if we could check in. The front desk clerk said we would have to wait until 3pm. My husband then asked if he meant we would have to wait 5 minutes. The clerk then looked at his watch and made a comment about how time has flown because he was so busy, because see, the hotel is fully booked tonight. He ran down the hall to check with housekeeping on the room status. Returned, out of breath to tell us that it was not ready, they were working on it right now, because - the hotel was full last night. It would be ready in 30 minutes. My husband and I left the location and drove around town. We arrived back at 3:45. The clerk then told us as he was giving us our room keys that the "room was ready ahead of schedule" even though the hotel was fully booked for the night. Just a strange situation... Anyway, once getting to our room we noticed the room was very smoky smelling. Other than the smell, the rooms seemed clean so no complaints to the housekeeping staff. The bedding was outdated. The blanket only went up to my waist, and I am 5'3. I thought they were pulling a prank on us and short-sheeted our bed. There is no hairdryer. There is only a tiny packet of shampoo. No conditioner. Not even that shampoo/conditioner combo. The bathroom has no fan. We returned to our room at 1am. Attempted to go to sleep - the walls are thin. Like I could hear the people next door snoring thin. The people above us were having a party of some sort and didn't wind down until 5am. Nothing the hotel could really do about this - so I don't blame them for that. But the thin walls are terrible. We thought if we turned on the fan it might help with the noise, attempted to turn on the fan in the room to get some air circulating. The unit did not work so no relief from the noise. There is a basic continential breakfast in the morning. It is fine. The staff kept it full. No complaints. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone - for over 70$ a night I didn't expect 5 stars - I just expected a hair dryer.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear MindilovesMexico,

I am so sorry to hear of the issues you had at our location. I can assure you they are not standard for us to make a guest wait for their room. As for the hair dryer we are in the process of adding them to all the rooms, unfortunately we have just a few rooms left that have will not be completed until the end of this week.
We take all guest comments very seriously and use them to improve. I can only ask that you come give us another try, because I can guarantee that when you see the completed product we will make you feel very confident in our abilities to “WOW” you.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has for our budget, and once was the only hotel we could find that had a room available. We got a smoking room and it smelt terrible! Most places will spray a neutralizer to try to get rid of the smell, but this wasn't done in our room. Even the bedding smelt like smoke.
Customer service has always been really good, and they even helped us try to find a nice place to eat.
They have a basic continental breakfast in the morning; cereal, bagels, muffins, etc.
They did upgrade their TVs to flat screens, which was nice.

• Stayed September 2012
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Orangedot,

I am sorry to hear that your smoking room smelt bad. We do use an ozone machine in our rooms every day wither they have been rented our not for at least 20 minutes per room. I have shared this concern with our housekeeping staff and we will work harder on preventing this from happening again. Thank you for sharing your comments with us.

As you could tell we are in the process of remodeling our property and while doing so we are removing all smoking rooms from first floor. I hope you will come and stay with us again the next time your travel plans bring you through Sioux Falls.
Thank you again.

Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

The room was clean, including the bathroom. The flat screen was sharp and clear, staff courteous. The location is easy to find just off I-29. The breakfast was quite standard for hotels including it in the cost.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear glockenfeather,

Thank you for the review and as you could tell we are updating the property to better suit our guests needs. Our location is very convenient to many different shopping and eating locations. I have shared your comments with the staff, and we all hope to see you on your way back through Sioux Falls.

Great Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed at Red Roof because of their pet policy (which is free) and we were pleasantly surprised at the quality they offered. The staff was extremely friendly and fast at check in, the room was better than expected and was clean and quiet. They are located conveniently close to the Mall, gas stations and restaurants. Would recommend this to anyone. They have a fitness room but no pool but that was okay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear LinetteGreatFalls,

Thank you for telling other travelers about your stay with us. Your kind words have been shared with the staff. We are in the process of updating our property and we have like to hear that the hard work is appreciated by our guests. As with all Red Roof Inns pets stay for free nationwide. We welcome you and your pet the next time through Sioux Falls.

Hayward WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were impressed by the way mangement made it possible for us to be next to my brother's room; he was schedualed for eight hour brain sugery the next morning at Sanford Surgical towers.

The rooms were exceptionally clean and the beds were very comfortable! We appreciated the lovely, large screen TV! :) We made use of the neat, little fridge and microwave and the complamentry breakfast was just enough; by the way, their coffee was wonderful!!

We were grateful for being allowed to stay in our room, another night, as there was a Winter Storm Warning for the area.
The staff were amazing and very ACCOMMODATING; for this we were comforted in our time of anxiety and uncertainty concerning my brother's outcome of surgey.

Would we recommend this place? YES! In a heart beat! :):)

Sincerely & with all our hearts,
the Markels of Hayward WI.

Room Tip: Make it known if you need a wheel chair accessible bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stacy P, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear PMnorthwoods,
I'm sorry that you had to come visit us on such horrible terms. I am however glad that we were able to make you feel comfortable while you stayed with us. Our staff tries very hard to understand everyone's situation and accommodate as best we can. I'm glad to hear we were able to get you close to your brother’s room. I'm sure that eased your anxiety a little bit.
Thank you for your kind words about our property and we can’t wait to see you again the next time you are in Sioux Falls, whether it's for pleasure or business.
I will make sure to let my whole staff know how well they did making your stay comfortable.

Harli Murphy

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!