“Great Value, Great Price...Red Roof Inn, Sioux Falls, SD” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Gateway Blvd., Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #23 of 51 Hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Sioux Falls, South Dakota, United States
“Great Value, Great Price...Red Roof Inn, Sioux Falls, SD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Great stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms... and close to Interstate 90, restaurants and gas station.(just off gateway ave and 41st street) Great for overnite, or a week long stay. Breakfast is continental (rolls and coffee)...and their coffee is great. I highly recommend this motel to anyone looking for good value in booking a room.

Room Tip: Both smoking and non-smoking rooms are available here, but the smoking rooms fill up pretty fast (if...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
Dear Bob B,

Thank you for the wonderful review. I see you have stayed with us a couple of times and I look forward to seeing you again. I will share your thoughts with the staff.

We are also on Facebook.

Stacy Patridge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Kettering, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

I liked the room although it was small. Very clean and updated. This is a interior hallway Red Roof and has breakfast (starch city), which are both unusual for my Red Roof stays.

I had a room on the first floor overlooking the freeway. The room was quiet and I slept well. The air/heating units seemed odd to me, but I gues are the usual around these parts.

I'd stay here again, but it was a bit pricy for my tastes.

Room Tip: I'd try upstairs overlooking the main parking lot if I were to stay here again.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Dear SenseIntoDollars,

Thank you for taking the time to let us and other guests know how your visit with us was. As you said a breakfast at a Red Roof is unusual and that some areas could use a little more expanding, well I am happy to say we will be adding cereal and milk to our selection very soon.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and that you will be coming back to see us again. You can "LIKE" us on Facebook and keep an eye out for specials and updates to the property.
Thank you again.

Manitoba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We stayed on our return trip here and it was good. The rooms were clean and semi-quiet. Great area to walk dog and though the hwy is right there unless you had the window open at night it was pretty quiet. Would stay here again!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 22, 2012
Dear PaniMac,

I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sioux Falls Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

Oak Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

Anyone who needs an excellent place to stay in Sioux Falls, SD could not possibly go wrong with staying at this property! Our rating would definitely be an Excellent +++! From the service reserving this hotel through their 1-800 #, through checking in.
Jay was working the front desk, and after a 10 hour day of driving, it was more than pleasant to be greeted by someone that actually was professional, courteous and helpful!!!
There was easy access and plenty of room for our full size German Shepherd to stay and move in and out for potty breaks! Personally, I don't recall traffic noise being an issue, nor did I find any issue with the cleanliness or size of the room!
We had been on the road for 8 nights by this point in our holiday and must say, this hotel would get a Five Star Plus rating from us!
The check-out process was quick and easy and the Assistant Manager was courteous and professional as well.
For those who complained that the continental breakfast was not big enough or good enough, remember, the price of the room includes a free continental breakfast, not a breakfast buffet! We certainly enjoyed what was offered, the coffee was hot and fresh and the breakfast items were plentiful!

Dear Kevin C,
I will make sure to share your comments with the rest of our team. Positive guest feedback, like yours, is always an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. I am also very happy to hear how professional Jay was. He is the newest member to our team and I have enjoyed working with him very much, so to hear that our guest enjoy his work as well tells me that we have a great team.

I appreciate your willingness to share your experience with others, and I would like to also encourage you to follow us on Facebook to see local events and the new changes coming to our property.

Thank you for sharing your experience, I hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

This hotel deserves a 5-star plus rating. The moment you enter the lobby its cleanliness make you feel you are home. Every corner in our room was clean as were the halls. This is how to keep customers coming back. The staff was very pleasant. This hotel is in a great location, just off the I-29 with the shopping and restaurant area just on the other side of the interstate. Perkins just a few steps away. Located in a pleasant residential area. We have stayed here several times and will keep coming back.

Room Tip: In any hotel we like a room mid way between exits so we don't hear or feel the "thump"...
Dear Kathleen L,

I am so happy to hear you felt at home with us. We strive to provide the best guest service possible. We like to think of our guest at the Red Roof like a guest at our home. Thank you so much for sharing your experience and letting other guest know how you feel abot us. It will only drive more guests to OUR HOME. Thank you again.

Sioux Falls, South Dakota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Wanted a nice, cheap place to stay in for one night. The motel is very nice for the price. Comfortable beds, nice desk space, small clean rooms. Few items for breakfast, but once again due to price you can't fairly expect a huge variety. Desk personel were friendly (but I gotta say, after a long day I just want to check in my room not be told how crappy your computer system is) only negative was the parking. When I got back at 1am there was no where to park.

• Stayed April 2012
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear Aaron,

Minnesota
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We had an advanced reservation and checked in after 9:00 pm. We were assigned room 140, a nonsmoking standard queen. Upon opening the door, we were greeted with a musty smell and a room that was so small that there was barely enough room to walk around the queen bed. The room was right next to several smoking rooms and was three doors away from an unsecured outside entrance that had in and out traffic all night. Interstate 29 was the view from our room and the noise from passing cars and trucks was very loud until the early morning hours. At 2:00 am a couple decided to take a loud verbal disagreement into the hall which erased any hope of sleep for about an hour. We needed to be on the road early, so I went to breakfast when it opened at 7:00 am. There were some bagels with cream cheese, mini muffins, doughnuts, coffee and bananas. The bagels were colder than room temperature and there was only one toaster with two bread slots which already had people waiting in line. There were trays available so you could take your food to your room (eating space was very limited). Positives were that our small dog was accepted without an additional fee and the room cleanliness was OK; however, it was not a restful nor comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, March 14, 2012
Dear Traveling Solo,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sioux Falls Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise and unpleasant smell you experienced.

I can assure you that corrective measures will be taken to ensure a similar situation does not occur in the future. I am also aware that if the room was available we would have been more then happy to have moved you. As for the south entrance door, have have replaced the lock mechanism three times and have a fourth one on order, so we are aware of the issue. At Red Roof, it is our intention to have your confidence in our abilities to prevent similar problems in the future. Please know that we value you as our guest and appreciate your business. Thank you for sharing your concerns and I hope you will give us the opportunity to better serve you at Red Roof the next time your travel plans require lodging.