“Aim To Please” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Birmingham
“Aim To Please”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

If you have special requests or needs, this Red Roof Inn certainly aims to please. We needed adjoining rooms or a suite and were given a VERY comfortable and affordable suite. When we inquired about certain bedding changes, an assistant was instantly there and obtained all our needs/requests. The breakfast was MORE varied than we expected, with pleasant eating arrangements. Special thanks to the gentlemen in training who served us with such pleasantness.

Room Tip: Their suite is the Dakota Suite -- ground floor and near lobby but still a quiet room.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, November 8, 2011
I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Sioux Falls Red Roof. We always enjoy hearing about the positive experiences our guests have at our hotels.

255 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Bellingham, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2011

Reviews were good so we stayed last night at Red Rood in Sioux Fall, SD. For the price the room was above average and the staff very friendly. Checked out this morning and told them to remove the $1.50 fee for the safe....which was done....no problem. Then noticed a $2 bid fee....the morning staff did not know what it was....the manager just called ....and it is a fee for Sioux Falls new convention center........

Room Tip: Room was great.....just like to know what ALL the fees are...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 25, 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to say, thank you for your comments. I would like to apologize as well for the confusion on the BID fee, I have made it very clear as what the fee is for to my staff in hopes that we will be able to better inform our guest. The city of Sioux Falls like many other cities have added this type of fee to most lodging properties in hopes to start new projects to drive more business into our towns. Business Improvment and Development Fee(BID FEE). We at the Red Roof encourage our guest to share their comments with us in order to help us learn how to better serve our guests. I will share your comments about the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of our amenities with the employees. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sioux Falls.

Manager
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed here shortly after Labor Day holiday weekend. Hotel is a little jog off of one of the main streets (41st), but was easy to find. Check-in was easy; discount code we provided on the reservation was accepted without question. Our cat stayed for no additional charge. Internet directions are not posted in the rooms, but a quick visit to the front desk resolved my questions. Wi-fi connection was fairly quick. The spotless room included a somewhat firm king bed, tube TV with ~40 channels, microwave and refrigerator. Shower's water pressure needed adjusting, but was excellent once I fixed it. Hotel does not have a pool (we didn't require one, anyway).
Unlike most Red Roof Inns, this one offers free continental breakfast. Breakfast items consisted of toast, muffins, pastries, juice, and coffee. The breakfast menu did not rotate while we stayed there, and got old pretty quick.
All in all, we were quite satisfied at the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of its employees. For those visiting Sioux Falls on a budget, this property should be at the top of your list. We'd recommend it to friends and family who will visit the area.

Room Tip: Consider a room not facing I-29.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I would like to take this opportunity to say, thank you for your comments. We at the Red Roof encourage our guest to share their comments with us in order to help us learn how to better serve our guests. I will share your comments and enthusiasm about the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of our amenities with the employees. We appreciate your refferals as well. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sioux Falls.

Manager
minot nd
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

My credit card was charged 10.00 more than quoted.

Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Stacy P, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, October 6, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sioux Falls Red Roof. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please allow me to review your receipt in order to help correct the situation, but in order to do so I will need some more information from you in regards to your stay. Please email me or call the motel directly so I may further assist you.
Again thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn

Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

Pretty decent hotel for a short trip. We had to get a Smoking room because it was the last room available, and all the other hotels wanted to charge an arm and a leg for 4 people to stay in a room. My pajamas smelled like smoke pretty bad after sleeping in the bed, but I guess I should have thought of that. The room was clean, and the bathroom was really clean. The breakfast was ok, just muffins and bagels but it served it's purpose. Overall, I'd stay there again!

Room Tip: Don't stay in a smoking room if you don't have to
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to say, thank you for your comments. I am sorry that we were not able to get you in a non-smoking room. Just to let you know Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest weekends here in Sioux Falls. Sioux Falls hosts a three day Christian concert over that weekend, which fills the city. Despite the smoking room I am very pleased that you found our hotel to very accommodating. We at the Red Roof encourage our guest to share their comments with us in order to help us learn how to better serve our guests. I will share your comments and enthusiasm about the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of our amenities with the employees. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sioux Falls.
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

Sioux Falls hotel rooms seem to be overpriced when compared to other areas of the country. That being said, I received an awesome corporate discount on my room. However, for a regularly-priced room, its a bit steep for what you get. The regular rate was $71 on the night that I stayed, although the hotel seemed to have a lot of people staying there, so I'm sure they hiked the price at the last minute.

Check-in was a little longer than I had liked. The room was small, but cozy. The bed was average... Personally, I prefer a softer bed. TV was an older/non LCD with basic cable. The air conditioning worked well, but then again, it was in the 70's.

I also had a small issue with the free Wi-Fi. I tried to connect to the network, and it required a password. I looked through everything in the room and could not find the password. I had to call the front desk for it. Not a big issue, but annoying. Why wasn't the password in the hotel room somewhere?

If you need a quick, cheap room without getting extremely ghetto, I'd go with this one. Sioux Falls has a number of questionable properties that I would definitely shy away from, but I'm fairly confident in saying this hotel isn't one of those.

Room Tip: Request removal of the ridiculous $1 safe charge
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This place was great! Clean, friendly, and cheap.
I travel solo with my own sheets and candles to help some hotel/motel/inn room feel..well this sleazy. I did not need to use either when I stayed here. The room had a nice smell. No mold or chemical smells. The sheets were soft, the was HBO, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and wireless in the room! All this for around 50 dollars a night.
The staff was friendly and down to earth, really easy to deal with. I must of mistakenly booked a smoking room. I am a non-smoker so the smell can be a bit much. I asked to change rooms and they did it with out huffy or charging my more. I really appreciated they understanding and cooperation.
The location is great too! Right off the freeway but a 2 minute drive or 10 minute bike ride the butterfly house and bike trail, which runs for 20 miles and takes you around the city.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!