“Clean, friendly, accommodating, great location, and inexpensive!” 5 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3500 Gateway Blvd., Sioux Falls, SD 57106   |
Ranked #18 of 48 hotels in Sioux Falls
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Clean, friendly, accommodating, great location, and inexpensive!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

This place was great! Clean, friendly, and cheap.
I travel solo with my own sheets and candles to help some hotel/motel/inn room feel..well this sleazy. I did not need to use either when I stayed here. The room had a nice smell. No mold or chemical smells. The sheets were soft, the was HBO, refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and wireless in the room! All this for around 50 dollars a night.
The staff was friendly and down to earth, really easy to deal with. I must of mistakenly booked a smoking room. I am a non-smoker so the smell can be a bit much. I asked to change rooms and they did it with out huffy or charging my more. I really appreciated they understanding and cooperation.
The location is great too! Right off the freeway but a 2 minute drive or 10 minute bike ride the butterfly house and bike trail, which runs for 20 miles and takes you around the city.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

248 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
dilworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2011

we were in SF SD for a wedding, we tried calling several hotels efore finding a room here for two nights. We really enjoyed our stay. They had all we needed, nice clean room, friendly staff, and breakfast. breakfast was a little skimpy, but we are used to a full breakfast. thanks for the great room.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, September 8, 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to say, thank you for your comments. We at the Red Roof encourage our guest to share their comments with us in order to help us learn how to better serve our guests. I will share your comments and enthusiasm about the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of our amenities with the employees. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sioux Falls.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2011 via mobile

Although it does smell like a 60$ room it's clean and simple for an in & out stay bonuses are newer looking mattresses, friendly staff, fridge and microwave

• Stayed August 2011
I would like to take this opportunity to say, thank you for your comments. I am sorry that you felt the freshness of the room was not as you expected, I can assure you that corrective action has been taken. We at the Red Roof encourage our guest to share their comments with us. I will share your comments and enthusiasm about the friendliness of the staff, and the quality of our amenities with the employees. Thank you again for your comments and I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Sioux Falls.
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

The room provided me with everything I needed. I dont need fancy but I expect clean and resonably priced and that is what I got. The check in was friendly and quick and the room and halls didn't have that terrible 'hotel' smell. The best part was when my vehicle had a dead battery in the morning the front desk had booster cables! That was fantastic because I was on my way without delay! thank you.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Stacy P, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 25, 2011
I am GRATEFUL that you got just what you needed. It excites me to know that we are taking care of our guest, after all our guest is the reason we get to come to work everyday. I have been in hospitality for about 8 years now and at times I know customer service can get away from us. It is not very often that we get the oppertunity to hear the things we do right, but when we do I share the information with my staff, and it encourages them to continue doing their best. Thank you again for the POSITIVE and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Newton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

Driving across the country with our kids & cats we found Red Roof Inns to be the most affordable, comfortable locations. This hotel was very busy, we pulled in late at night, but they were most accommodating and provided a room close to an exit so we could easily unload. It was nice and quiet and the air conditioner worked well. Despite being on time for breakfast at 7:30 AM, there was hardly any food left - just a few pieces of white bread. I complained and was impressed with how quickly and fairly the management responded to my concerns. If you don't get a satisfactory answer from the front desk, contact their boss!

Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson, Manager at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 16, 2011
Thank you so much for your very nice review. Our team is dedicated to excellent guest service, clean, comfortable rooms, and a welcoming atmosphere. I am happy to see your stay was enjoyable and a good value. I apologize that there was an issue with breakfast, but I was happy to take care of your concerns. I am a big believer if something is wrong I want to make it right, right away. I am glad we did. Thank you again and we hope to see you again in the near future. Thank you.
Davenport, IA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2011

Arrived late at night and just needed a place to sleep. Check-in was quick and simple, and the room was fine. A/C wasn't working well, and I cleaned out the air filter and that seemed to do the trick! Maybe management needs to make sure that the A/C filters are cleaned from time to time so that the room actually gets cool. This is especially helpful during hot summer nights! Otherwise, it was an uneventful stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for taking time to comment on your stay at the Red Roof Sioux Falls. I am sorry if the AC wasn't working at peak capacity, We do service these on a regular basis, With the hot summer, frequent use, and high demand, we may need to service them even more frequently. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I am glad to see that all and all your stay was as hoped. I would like you to know our goal is to exceed your expectations and we will continue to work hard to make every stay enjoyable and comfortable. We hope if your back in the Sioux Falls area you will return to the Red Roof. We appreciate your business and giving us the opportunity to serve you.
Morristown, TN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here on our cross country trip to move a daughter from East Coast to West Coast. The staff was super friendly! The kind lady at the desk had a customer before me that would "try one's nerves" and she handled him beautifully! We had a kitty with us and was no problem for the pet situation. Room wasn't huge but the bedding was comfy and clean. We actually went out to dinner and came back with ice cream....needed a spoon and they said coming right up! So pleasant and nice. We stayed at a room 2 doors from the desk and no noise.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
KyleJohnson, Owner at Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Thank you for the very nice review. I am excited to hear that you had a nice stay. I am equally excited to hear that my staff gave you good service. We work hard to provide clean, comfortable rooms and great guest service. It is always nice to hear that our hard work was noticed. Thank you so much and we hope to see you again soon.

Been to Red Roof Inn Sioux Falls? Share your experiences!